HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll #11

View Poll Results: Ranger Prospect #11
Billy Ryan (F) 1 0.96%
Ryan Russell (F) 1 0.96%
Ryan Callahan (F) 12 11.54%
Thomas Pock (D) 17 16.35%
Ivan Baranka (D) 27 25.96%
Tommy Pyatt (F) 0 0%
Marc-Andre Cliche (F) 19 18.27%
Artem Anisimov (F) 25 24.04%
Brodie Dupont (F) 0 0%
Dwight Helminen (F) 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Baranka is the pick, Anisimov next.

God do I think Pock is going to be a career AHL'er.

add Bahensky.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Geogaddi

Baranka...add Bahensky

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Doyle

Pock, Add Girardi...

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I just don't see Pock ever being a full-time player in the NHL. I see him as a guy who will bounce between the AHL and the NHL or be a 7th defenseman for most of his career. Those guys are available for a song on the free agent market and command virtually nothing in trade. Pock's UPSIDE seems to be the kind of player who is very replaceable and not very valuable.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong.

Potted Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Kendo

Add Girardi now that he's eligible, make him #10, and then bump Hugh down to #11.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Add Bahensky. Dont know why Girardi is getting so much attention. Liffiton seemed better than him. Also Olver should be added before Girardi is.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
eco's bones

One thing on Bahensky since he's only signed to an AHL contract should he be eligible if Genoway is not?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
One thing on Bahensky since he's only signed to an AHL contract should he be eligible if Genoway is not?
Genoway isn't Rangers property...

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 07:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Add Bahensky. Dont know why Girardi is getting so much attention. Liffiton seemed better than him. Also Olver should be added before Girardi is.

Liffton was ok at best in the AHL while Giradi in his first season in the AHL was very solid and much better then Liffton. Giraldi also made the AHL all rookie team.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 07:25 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Genoway isn't Rangers property...

I don't mean to come down on people who like Bahensky. He doesn't rate all that highly with me though. I think Genoway is the better player and I don't see where Zdenek is any more Ranger property at this point than Colby is. Last year when I brought up Colby he was disqualified because he was signed to an AHL contract--not a Ranger NHL contract. Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal but that was the ruling and if that is the way it is that's fine--or if Flyline88 would consider to change it that's fine with me but to me if Zdenek is eligible then Colby should be too.

Old
07-02-2006, 07:30 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I don't mean to come down on people who like Bahensky. He doesn't rate all that highly with me though. I think Genoway is the better player and I don't see where Zdenek is any more Ranger property at this point than Colby is. Last year when I brought up Colby he was disqualified because he was signed to an AHL contract--not a Ranger NHL contract. Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal but that was the ruling and if that is the way it is that's fine--or if Flyline88 would consider to change it that's fine with me but to me if Zdenek is eligible then Colby should be too.
Zdenek is Rangers property though meaning we have his rights (not contact), the Rangers don't have the rights or contract with Genoway which is why he is not NYR property.

Old
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Zdenek is Rangers property though meaning we have his rights (not contact), the Rangers don't have the rights or contract with Genoway which is why he is not NYR property.
Exactly. Genoway can sign whereever he wants once his contract is up. Bahensky can't.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:04 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

I appreciate the effort you've put into this and also the effort of tracking the prospects this past year Flyline however I do think it's an inconsistent ruling and I'll explain. Zdenek like Colby last year will be free at the conclusion of his present contract (probably one year) to sign with whoever he wishes--unlike someone who has signed an entry level 3 year contract such as Dane Byers (or Callahan, or Moore, or Dubinsky etc etc.) I bring up Byers specifically for a reason. One--he gets very little love here. Two-statwise playing in the same league he produces similar numbers. There's no doubt that skillwise Bahensky has the edge but one of Byers strengths is his skating-another his defense-areas which Zdenek is strong at also. One clear advantage Byers has is his physical game. In any case Byers is truly protected for his first 3 pro seasons unlike Bahensky. Byers can be called up to the NHL at any time during the coming season. For Zdenek to do that he will have to sign another contract--that is if the Rangers have the room and the inclination to do it that-which doesn't seem likely at least at this point. Signing with Hartford IMO makes him a Hartford player no ifs ands or buts. Signing an AHL contract puts him (again IMO) in the same category as Genoway was last year. The only real difference that I can see between the situation between Colby and Zdenek was that one was drafted by the Rangers and one wasn't. Is that what makes all the difference?

Old
07-03-2006, 11:10 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I appreciate the effort you've put into this and also the effort of tracking the prospects this past year Flyline however I do think it's an inconsistent ruling and I'll explain. Zdenek like Colby last year will be free at the conclusion of his present contract (probably one year) to sign with whoever he wishes--unlike someone who has signed an entry level 3 year contract such as Dane Byers (or Callahan, or Moore, or Dubinsky etc etc.) I bring up Byers specifically for a reason. One--he gets very little love here. Two-statwise playing in the same league he produces similar numbers. There's no doubt that skillwise Bahensky has the edge but one of Byers strengths is his skating-another his defense-areas which Zdenek is strong at also. One clear advantage Byers has is his physical game. In any case Byers is truly protected for his first 3 pro seasons unlike Bahensky. Byers can be called up to the NHL at any time during the coming season. For Zdenek to do that he will have to sign another contract--that is if the Rangers have the room and the inclination to do it that-which doesn't seem likely at least at this point. Signing with Hartford IMO makes him a Hartford player no ifs ands or buts. Signing an AHL contract puts him (again IMO) in the same category as Genoway was last year. The only real difference that I can see between the situation between Colby and Zdenek was that one was drafted by the Rangers and one wasn't. Is that what makes all the difference?

The difference is, one is NYR property, and one isnt. Ive always done it that way because its called NYR Prospect list, not HFD Prospect list. If he isn't listed on the Rangers site then he is not Rangers property and not eligiable. I know it may seem kind of strange but we wouldnt want our prospect list filled with players like Smyth (who was a better player then half the Pack last season) just because he is on the Pack.

Next list though im sure Genoway will have been given a contract by the Rangers and he'll be allowed to be voted for.

Old
07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Looks like this ones goin to OT....Go Anisimov!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
The difference is, one is NYR property, and one isnt. Ive always done it that way because its called NYR Prospect list, not HFD Prospect list. If he isn't listed on the Rangers site then he is not Rangers property and not eligiable. I know it may seem kind of strange but we wouldnt want our prospect list filled with players like Smyth (who was a better player then half the Pack last season) just because he is on the Pack.

Next list though im sure Genoway will have been given a contract by the Rangers and he'll be allowed to be voted for.

Okay. Fair enough.

Old
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
True Blue

How is Anisimov accumulating more votes than Cliche?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote