HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

mike grier to san jose

Old
07-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
mike grier to san jose

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/207631.html

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Fair enough. Decent pick-up for the Sharks. 1.75 per seems like an ok deal, though he's not more than a utility/depth guy.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Mike8

Someone please tell me how well our divisional rivals are doing right now. The Sabres, a superior team to the Habs last season, have lost two strong role players now.

Also: remind me how many moves the Sabres made last off-season, which resulted in their Conference Finals appearance.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:48 PM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Someone please tell me how well our divisional rivals are doing right now. The Sabres, a superior team to the Habs last season, have lost two strong role players now.

Also: remind me how many moves the Sabres made last off-season, which resulted in their Conference Finals appearance.
Goaltending. Plus I see them trading Biron to help up front.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
Goaltending. Plus I see them trading Biron to help up front.
I must be forgetting something. What goaltending move did the Sabres make last off-season?

Do you feel Biron is better, or holds more value than Aebischer?

Old
07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
davey999

Quote:
I must be forgetting something. What goaltending move did the Sabres make last off-season?

Do you feel Biron is better, or holds more value than Aebischer?
I din't say they made a move. Their goaltending is so good, that I don't see a huge drop off for them.

Old
07-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Mike8

Ah, fair enough.

The point remains that Buffalo made next to no moves last offseason. The season prior to that they did not make the playoffs. What do you think about that, and do you feel it relates at all to Montreal?

Old
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Ah, fair enough.

The point remains that Buffalo made next to no moves last offseason. The season prior to that they did not make the playoffs. What do you think about that, and do you feel it relates at all to Montreal?
They felt confortable with their team. I as a fan don't feel confortable with our team. More precisly our offense. We need a winger. Someone like Sykora or Samasonov would be good.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Pretty good deal for the Sharks , looks like the Sabres are afraid to spend money..it's too bvad because the team iss on the rise. They lost big guys in Mckee and Grier.

And beside i think they are not even at the 28M floor cap. Sabres fans must be pissed .

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 07-03-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
They felt confortable with their team. I as a fan don't feel confortable with our team. More precisly our offense. We need a winger. Someone like Sykora or Samasonov would be good.
Well, I'm certain a good chunk of fans in Buffalo weren't overly comfortable with their team after missing the playoffs for a few years.

Buffalo had a good group of solid players, and a good group of young players that came together and played well in front of very good goaltending.

I just don't think it's all that inconceivable to think that Montreal may believe it has a combination of good veterans, good role players, and good youth to think they could do something similar. If we look around the league at teams that did well last year, many of them did not make a splash in free agency.

On the flip side, a number of teams which did make a splash in free agency were lottery-pick teams come the draft.

Old
07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
davey999

Quote:
Well, I'm certain a good chunk of fans in Buffalo weren't overly comfortable with their team after missing the playoffs for a few years.

Buffalo had a good group of solid players, and a good group of young players that came together and played well in front of very good goaltending.

I just don't think it's all that inconceivable to think that Montreal may believe it has a combination of good veterans, good role players, and good youth to think they could do something similar. If we look around the league at teams that did well last year, many of them did not make a splash in free agency.

On the flip side, a number of teams which did make a splash in free agency were lottery-pick teams come the draft.
We don't have the goaltending they do. No one in the league would take Huet over Miller.