HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT Predators @ Red Wings (11-8-03)

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
GDT Predators @ Red Wings (11-8-03)

4-8-1-0 9 points
vs.

6-6-1-0 13 points

<br><br><br>
When: 6:30 PM CST
Where: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI
TV: Fox Sports Net
Radio: 99.7 WTN
Season Series: 1-0-0 Nashville
All-Time Series: 16-5-4-2 Detroit

Power play
NSH 16.9 (17th)
DET 26.3 (1st)

Penalty kill
NSH 78.1 (27th)
DET 83.6 (17th)

Injuries
NSH
Johansson (out)
Schnabel (out)

DET
Zetterberg (out)
Hatcher (out)
Hasek (questionable)

Notes:
Nashville is 0-4 on the road this season.
Yzerman leads Detroit with 6 goals.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Wings get on the board first 14 seconds in.

Holmstrom tips in Whitney's shot.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Draper from Yzerman and Shanahan 2-0 Dead Things.. Preds just getting out skilled.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:03 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Draper from Yzerman and Shanahan 2-0 Dead Things.. Preds just getting out skilled.
not only that, but they are trying to play rough. and the league has obviously sent a notice for the game. Cause Detroit has had 4 PP's. A lot of hooking and holding. Kloucek has had 3 Penalties already. He just hit Whitney, looked like a check, but he lead with a shot to the head. I think he got a roughing call because of it.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:18 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Datsyuk accidentally hit someone with an errant stick and went over and apologized to the guy. That's very classy of him to do that.

Cujo hasn't been too busy but he sure has looked good...and if we lose any more bodies on this team I think we're gonna have to keep three goalies.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:49 PM
dulzhok

Preds score three 3rd period goals. 3-3, Preds on PP now.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:52 PM
dulzhok

HAMHUIS, GOAL!!!!!!!!!

4-3 Preds.

Huge comeback.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:54 PM
dulzhok

Preds win. Preds win. 4-3. 4 third period goals. HUGE comeback.

Cujo's chances of a trade are hurt even more.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:54 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
WOW... what a game, we totally got what we deserved... amazing...

Old
11-08-2003, 04:57 PM
X8oD

3rd period........

"Hey, lets fall back into a defensive shell"

"but, we suck when we do that."

"hey, who cares, its Fun not working and looking like an expansion team!"

Old
11-08-2003, 05:00 PM
VAThrasher

at least the collapse was later than in the last Preds game so Stevie Y didn't have time to garner all the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. maybe next time...

Old
11-08-2003, 05:02 PM
guinness
those were the days

I'm lazy, so I'll paste what I wrote on the Wings board:

BHWAAAA - typical Detroit letdown in the 3rd, the Wings can make a 3-0 lead so interesting, Draper needs to be flogged for taking that goalie interference penalty with a little over 2 left. Detroit came out in the 3rd and sat on their ***** thinking the game was over, Preds came out pressing. Even after the 1st Preds goal, Detroit was asleep at the wheel, 2nd goal same.

Brutal
Brutal
Brutal

LMAO

There isn't an emoticon to represent my displeasure.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
Datsyuk accidentally hit someone with an errant stick and went over and apologized to the guy. That's very classy of him to do that.

Cujo hasn't been too busy but he sure has looked good...and if we lose any more bodies on this team I think we're gonna have to keep three goalies.

???? if you lose any more bodies your going to have to trade him for more bodies....

Old
11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Thalia

Wow.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:28 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

[cartman's voice]God damnit![/cartman's voice]

Old
11-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Spaceace

I got a warm,fuzzy feeling in my pants when Nashville scored the game-winning goal. Blues are now six points ahead of Detroit in the central. :p

Old
11-08-2003, 06:00 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by weight39
I got a warm,fuzzy feeling in my pants when Nashville scored the game-winning goal. Blues are now six points ahead of Detroit in the central. :p
and detroit is only 2 pts ahead of nashville, 4 up on Columbus!

Bottom Dwellers, make room!

Old
11-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dude......Predators win!!!!!!

I would like to extend a thank you to Draper for making all of this possible.

Seriously though, I missed the whole game and didn't even get to tape it b/c it was blacked out. How was the gameplay? Who played better or had better chances?? I called my g/f at 8:30 and she told me the game was 3 - 0 Red WIngs. I was totally shocked when I got home and saw that the Preds had won 4 - 3....and not even in OT.

GG Preds!

Old
11-08-2003, 06:54 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Seriously though, I missed the whole game and didn't even get to tape it b/c it was blacked out. How was the gameplay?

GG Preds!
Wings OWNED the first and 2nd periods.

they were skating circles around Nashville like they owned them. Defense was great. Nashville was getting called for a lot of penalties because of it. Cluthign and grabbing, getting a bit rough because they were frustrated.

Then, in the third period, the rolls reversed 100%. The wings D was still playing good. But the fowards started floating, nobody forechecked. they tried to protect the lead by sitting back and letting nashville come to them. Nashville did, and made them Pay.

Hats off again, Nashville took it to detroit when they had to. Trotz Out coached lewis pretty damn easily.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD

they were skating circles around Nashville like they owned them. Defense was great. Nashville was getting called for a lot of penalties because of it. Cluthign and grabbing, getting a bit rough because they were frustrated.

Then, in the third period, the rolls reversed 100%. The wings D was still playing good. But the fowards started floating, nobody forechecked. they tried to protect the lead by sitting back and letting nashville come to them. Nashville did, and made them Pay.

Hats off again, Nashville took it to detroit when they had to. Trotz Out coached lewis pretty damn easily.
In the first two periods Nashville was standing around watching and trying to rough up the Wings, of course when we have our tougher players in the line-up, they don't want any, in the third period they decided to play, Detroits old guys were tired so the Predators took over the game and destroyed them in the third period.

Don't ask a fan of a team to give you an honest opinion, you get crap like these two messages.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:19 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
In the first two periods Nashville was standing around watching and trying to rough up the Wings, of course when we have our tougher players in the line-up, they don't want any, in the third period they decided to play, Detroits old guys were tired so the Predators took over the game and destroyed them in the third period.

Don't ask a fan of a team to give you an honest opinion, you get crap like these two messages.
wow, and you said something SOO MUCH different than what I said.

Good Job Tool, Glad to see your honest opinion far outweighs my homer-esque view of things.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:

Good Job Tool, Glad to see your honest opinion far outweighs my homer-esque view of things.
Way to resort to name-calling . I take both views and weight them with a grain of salt, so relax. I can see how he takes offense. You make the Predators win sound like this:

1.) Wings destroyed them in 1st/2nd
2.) When Predators came back, it was not due to great play or passion for the game, rather it was just hte Wings being lazy and not trying

As a fan of the Predators, I can understand how that upsets Trggr. Even when we win.........no respect.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You got me :moon:

Old
11-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

X8oD -

Trggr wrote his post the same way you wrote yours, and then said as a disclaimer *Don't ask a fan of a team to give you an honest opinion, you get crap like these two messages*

I think it was pretty obvious what his message was. You made it sound like the Predators were destroyed by the Wings and only won b/c the Wings let them win. Then, he replied saying the same thing, but from a Predator perspective. The Wings were only winning b/c they let the Wings, and then in the 3rd they decided to win the game.

Do you see what I mean? Paint your story with a non-bias view, and he wouldn't have posted what he did. By that I mean, give props were props are deserved, rather than make excuses for the loss. The Wings could very well have dominated the first two periods, but that does not take away from the fact that the Predators dominated in the most important period *the third period* and won the game.

Capesh?

Old
11-09-2003, 09:19 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
X8oD -

Trggr wrote his post the same way you wrote yours, and then said as a disclaimer *Don't ask a fan of a team to give you an honest opinion, you get crap like these two messages*

I think it was pretty obvious what his message was. You made it sound like the Predators were destroyed by the Wings and only won b/c the Wings let them win. Then, he replied saying the same thing, but from a Predator perspective. The Wings were only winning b/c they let the Wings, and then in the 3rd they decided to win the game.

Do you see what I mean? Paint your story with a non-bias view, and he wouldn't have posted what he did. By that I mean, give props were props are deserved, rather than make excuses for the loss. The Wings could very well have dominated the first two periods, but that does not take away from the fact that the Predators dominated in the most important period *the third period* and won the game.

Capesh?
No, i dont understand at all.

I fail to see AGAIN, what I said was wrong. The wings OWNED them in the first and 2nd periods. Look at the first few posts in this thread.

Nashville had 4 shots on goal in the 1st, 7 shots on goal in the 2nd. They didn't even pressure detroit. Detroit Cycled down low, they dictated control in the neutral Zone. All the chasing nashville did made them take so many stupid penalties.

and thats what I said. If you saw the game, or anybody who did see the game, they would of been able to draw that conclusion. Infact the first period for Detroit was being Characterized as their best all season. They OWNED nashville.

Then in the 3rd, it was a complete Oppposite Nashville countered EVERYTHING detroit did. They scored 1 goal, by Capitalizing on a sloppy Play. Then, for some unexplained reason, Detroit Fell into a shell. And you could almost see Nashville Salivating. They just DESTROYED Detroit on both ends. Detroit started taking the penalties nashville took in the first period. Nashville pounded the front of the net, and scored some great goals. Then Kris Draper took a penalty he didnt even need to. He was quotted after the game that he didnt even see Vokoun, which was luaghable. Nashville Scored on it, and i started laughing, because you could see the collapse happening, and you could see Nasvhille Kicking thier ass.

Again, I disagree with your view of my post, as well as Triggrs. If HONESTLY think Detroit DIDNT take it to Nashville in the first 2 periods, you either Didnt watch the game, or you need to change the batters in your BS Meter.

the third period, Detroit had no business being out there because nashville made them look like an AHL team. Trotz out coached Lewis so bad that Lewis started rolling 2 lines.

Again, I said all this, but I'm a homer? This is what I said..

Please show me where it sounded like I said Detroit only lost because of their own mishaps. I guess if you see my saying "the wings started floating" as a sign of them being lazy. I dunno. They have been floating all year, and they did it again.

Closed Thread