HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT Predators @ Red Wings (11-8-03)

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
X8oD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
As a fan of the Predators, I can understand how that upsets Trggr. Even when we win.........no respect.
nahs, its nsvhille fans playing the sympathy card trying to make themselves out to be a victim.

seriously, did you read my post?

they tried to protect the lead by sitting back and letting nashville come to them. Nashville did, and made them Pay.

Hats off again, Nashville took it to detroit when they had to. Trotz Out coached lewis pretty damn easily.

If thats not giving credit to Nashville Out playing Detroit, or its not good enough for you, then I don't know.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:43 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

OK, mabe I can change the tone of the discussion a little by asking Wings fans (many of whom I respect) an honest question: Does this complete collapse signal the end of Lewis's reign as coach? Keep in mind, losing to Nashville cost 3 coaches their jobs last year.

What do you guys think?

Old
11-09-2003, 10:15 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
OK, mabe I can change the tone of the discussion a little by asking Wings fans (many of whom I respect) an honest question: Does this complete collapse signal the end of Lewis's reign as coach? Keep in mind, losing to Nashville cost 3 coaches their jobs last year.

What do you guys think?
It should, yes.

will it, i don't know. The issue is, Lewis is a TERRIBLE coach for this type of team. But he will be a good coach for the team next year, when half the team leaves.

in a perfect world, Bowman would come in for the rest of the season, and then Lewis picks back up next year.

But lewis is an awful coach. He is easily out coached and pulled off his game. Bowman was praised for being able to rest his vets and still get the most out of the team. This year Lewis is pushign his vets by over playing them in the third and moving this team down to 2 lines sometimes.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

-X8oD

My post is simple. In the post I quoted, you downplayed the Predators accomplishments, and gave the credit for the win more to the lack of play on the Red Wings then the good play by the Predators. I didn't see the game. I'm sure the Wings did dominate in the first two periods. I'm not disputing that, however, in the original post, like i just said, you downplayed the Preds win by saying the forwards were just floating/not forechecking, etc. I could take the same persecptive for the Predators, and say that the lack of effort on the Predators part was the only reason the Wings were dominating in the first two periods, while we played hard in the 3rd and dominated the Wings. Anyways, I hope that makes sense. Your analysis could have been very correct, but the way you phrased it made it sound slightly derrogative torwards the Predators.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:22 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
-X8oD

My post is simple. In the post I quoted, you downplayed the Predators accomplishments, and gave the credit for the win more to the lack of play on the Red Wings then the good play by the Predators. I didn't see the game. I'm sure the Wings did dominate in the first two periods. I'm not disputing that, however, in the original post, like i just said, you downplayed the Preds win by saying the forwards were just floating/not forechecking, etc. I could take the same persecptive for the Predators, and say that the lack of effort on the Predators part was the only reason the Wings were dominating in the first two periods, while we played hard in the 3rd and dominated the Wings. Anyways, I hope that makes sense. Your analysis could have been very correct, but the way you phrased it made it sound slightly derrogative torwards the Predators.
If thats derrogatory to the predators, then there is nothing I can say. If you view what I said as Downplaying the preds Loss, then thats not my problem. You expect way to much. Your team had no business playing the game in periods 1 and 2. Ofcorse, games go 3 periods, and in the third it was Nashville pushing Detroit down to an AHL Level.

The wings were floating. the Fowards didnt Forecheck. they DID the first two periods. And I don't doubt, if the wings played like they played the first two periods, the Wings would have won. But they didn't. Nashville instead, played like Detroit played the first two periods. And Detroit got hammered.

The wings Fowards have floated for most of the season. Its why they have a sub 500 record. I thoguht it was done with after the Columbus game, and the first 2 periods last night. Ofcorse i was dead wrong.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:45 AM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman

What do you guys think?
I give Lewis 20 games, last night was number 14, so the clock is ticking...

Detroit's problem has been their lack of defensive play, which did surprise me in a way, with the addition of Hatcher and a healthy Fischer, I thought the D would be respectable and the forwards can play good defensive hockey as well. I thought the Wings would struggle on offense with the losses of Fedorov, Luc, and Larionov, but the opposite has happened. The Wings can score, but they can't hold a lead going into the later stages of the game. The Wings D has always been questionable, IMO, once you get past Lidstrom and his defensive partner; they can't play trap-style hockey, puck possession all the way. And when they get burned, they look bad.

The problem with Lewis is that he hasn't figured out how to fix the defense and he was a defenseman, if he can't fix that, this team won't win.

Old
11-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
If thats derrogatory to the predators, then there is nothing I can say. If you view what I said as Downplaying the preds Loss, then thats not my problem. You expect way to much. Your team had no business playing the game in periods 1 and 2. Ofcorse, games go 3 periods, and in the third it was Nashville pushing Detroit down to an AHL Level.

The wings were floating. the Fowards didnt Forecheck. they DID the first two periods. And I don't doubt, if the wings played like they played the first two periods, the Wings would have won. But they didn't. Nashville instead, played like Detroit played the first two periods. And Detroit got hammered.

The wings Fowards have floated for most of the season. Its why they have a sub 500 record. I thoguht it was done with after the Columbus game, and the first 2 periods last night. Ofcorse i was dead wrong.
Relax, that is jsut the impression I got from the post, and I take it trggr did as well.

Closed Thread