HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salaries are Insane

Old
07-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Habs Man

vCash: 500
Salaries are Insane

I don't know what you guys all think, but in my opinion the salaries being handed out to all of these UFA are absolutely insane. Either the money is just way too much, or the commitments are totally wack.

- Elias - A steal at $6 Mil per, but for 7 years... that's a pretty long commitment if you ask me.

- Arnott - $4.5 per for 5 years... quite a bit for a guy who's been inconsistant.

- McCabe - I'm not even going to go there...

- Mckee - $4 Mil per... Quie a bit for having a second goalie on the ice.

- Savard - $4 Mil per for a guy who had all of those assists because he played with Kovalchuk and Hossa... No thanks.

I'm a little upset that we weren't able to land anybody, but Bob is a smart GM and paying insane amounts for these players isn't the way to go. Plus if we'd had some consistant goaltending over the middle of the season we wouldn't have struggled to make the playoffs.

We definately still need to improve our line-up... I'm curious to see what's going to happen now...

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I pity the teams that spend large amounts on long term contracts. If the cap goes down they are going to be hurting.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I pity the teams that spend large amounts on long term contracts. If the cap goes down they are going to be hurting.
Totally... and in a big way too.

Old
07-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Nihilism

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Yep, and Gainey will be at an advantage not having signed any of them...

Nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Markov79

I think Gainey sees the salaries are way too high and is waiting until teams have reached the cap and the remaining players will have to settle for less. Not just this year but for years to come. If the salaries we see this year are too high and will come down in seasons to come than montreal will be in a good position.

Markov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79 View Post
I think Gainey sees the salaries are way too high and is waiting until teams have reached the cap and the remaining players will have to settle for less. Not just this year but for years to come. If the salaries we see this year are too high and will come down in seasons to come than montreal will be in a good position.
I agree... I wonder if we might be able to go the RFA route, and trade some guys to make up for lost picks.