HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Do you think Mess will have some sort of acknowledgment before the game tomorrow???

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 09:58 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Do you think Mess will have some sort of acknowledgment before the game tomorrow???

Kind of strange that it would be for moving into 2nd place but you know how the Garden likes doing these celebrations and it is a unique 2nd place accomplishment so I for one think there will be some sort of mention in pregame where they bring out the whole Messier clan and maybe break out another silver stick for Mess.

Old
11-07-2003, 11:02 AM
_P_

Send a message via AIM to _P_
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Kind of strange that it would be for moving into 2nd place but you know how the Garden likes doing these celebrations and it is a unique 2nd place accomplishment so I for one think there will be some sort of mention in pregame where they bring out the whole Messier clan and maybe break out another silver stick for Mess.

yeah i think so...hes rank # amoung the mortals

Old
11-07-2003, 11:32 AM
John Flyers Fan

A nice silver platter, ingraved only "1,006 more to go"

Old
11-07-2003, 11:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9

Maybe they will wait until Monday and the Oilers.

11-07-2003, 03:14 PM
nervousranger

vCash:
Hmmm, hard one to call. Until you brought it up, JR, I wouldn't have thought anything would happen before tomorrow's game. Now I wonder. It's a milestone accomplishment for sure, but it's not the record. Also, the manner in which it all came off, with the way he did it and with the standing o's he got from the crowd, I think the acknowledgments ought to end on that note. It was perfect like that and anything more would be overkill imo.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:17 PM
ihatenewjersey

they showed a short clip of his accomplishments during a tv timeout but that was it for the flyer game

Closed Thread