HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

New found respect for Phil Esposito

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 05:12 PM
ATG

vCash: 500
New found respect for Phil Esposito

I saw phil esposito on off the record on tsn a while back and his no sense attitude about the 72 summit series conversation was really cool.He told host micheal landsberg straight up that he would have broken every russian players leg to win in that series as horrible as that is you gotta love his intensity.Cjeck his book landsberg said it was full of swears and no non sense stuff about how much he hated allan eagleson and more.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
I saw phil esposito on off the record on tsn a while back and his no sense attitude about the 72 summit series conversation was really cool.He told host micheal landsberg straight up that he would have broken every russian players leg to win in that series as horrible as that is you gotta love his intensity.Cjeck his book landsberg said it was full of swears and no non sense stuff about how much he hated allan eagleson and more.
bobby clarke basically carried out the deed but people don't think he is respectable

Old
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
bobby clarke basically carried out the deed but people don't think he is respectable
no kiddin, eh?

Old
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
I think there is a fine line between intensity and being ready to injure opponents in order to win. I call that cheapshotting.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

He also said before that he would have killed to win. About breaking their legs, of course he wouldn't do it, but he is trying to express how much he wanted to win.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:31 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Sure, but imagine the outcry if it had been a Russian player saying that instead. I seriously doubt anyone in North America would be saying how they gained a newfound respect for said player, whether he meant it literally or not.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Evilo

New lower level respect for Phil Esposito.
I didn't think he could get lower.
He just did.

Closed Thread