HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about Vermette?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2006, 09:48 AM
  #1
JiPi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
How about Vermette?

Since we need a center. Ottawa has a big payroll right now and must sign guys like Spezza. I think Vermette could do a way better job than Ribeiro and he's only 24 years old and will be cheap. I think it could cost something like a 2nd round pick.

He also has the french factor and he's very good talking to the media.

JiPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
  #2
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiPi View Post
Since we need a center. Ottawa has a big payroll right now and must sign guys like Spezza. I think Vermette could do a way better job than Ribeiro and he's only 24 years old and will be cheap. I think it could cost something like a 2nd round pick.

He also has the french factor and he's very good talking to the media.
He's a favorite of mine, to have as many goals and points while not having the icetime is pretty impressive. But no way will Ottawa trade with us for him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:17 AM
  #3
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Ottawa want to keep him and that's why they have offer Havlat to the other teams .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
  #4
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Plekanek for Vermette ???

Fair deal IMO

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:11 AM
  #5
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Plekanek for Vermette ???

Fair deal IMO
Whats the point of that deal?

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
  #6
Dutch
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
To replace Ribeiro ? yes.
To replace Plekanec ? no.
To replace Bonk ? anytime !

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
  #7
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
To replace Ribeiro ? yes.
To replace Plekanec ? no.
To replace Bonk ? anytime !
Vermette has far more offensive capabilities than Pleks, and is also good in the defensive zone. I'd do that trade any time, but Muckler would laugh hysterically.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:29 AM
  #8
Dutch
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Vermette has far more offensive capabilities than Pleks, and is also good in the defensive zone. I'd do that trade any time, but Muckler would laugh hysterically.
But Plekanec is better defensively imo, and could be our Third line leader for years to come ala Peca.

Unless Chipchura does the exact same thing.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:34 AM
  #9
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
But Plekanec is better defensively imo, and could be our Third line leader for years to come ala Peca.

Unless Chipchura does the exact same thing.
I have a feeling that Pleks isn't the type of player to just stay with a team his entire career. He's never really seemed at home here either. I think the first chance he has, he'll skip this joint.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
  #10
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
I'm a big Vermette fan, but I don't see it happening.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.