HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much of JD's decision to go to the Blues had to do with Dolan?

Old
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
How much of JD's decision to go to the Blues had to do with Dolan?

The Post hints that the exodus coming from the Garden is due in part to people not wanting to work underneath Dolan.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/garden_...l_mushnick.htm

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Levitate

to be honest, I'm not sure where this whole thing about JD not criticising the team came from...yeah he never was overly harsh but he certainly criticized players and team effort and talked about how signings weren't working out...I mean jesus, maybe some of these people should listen to other teams color guys and then just realize that JD was fairly even handed.

and to be honest I don't think I would have wanted to listen to him rip on the Rangers every game, year in and year out. it's not that things need to be sugar coated or something, but that I just don't need to listen to flip out about stuff every game.

If JD really wanted out because of Dolan, he could have gotten out before and found work in many other places.

He left because he got an opportunity to do something different and something that he apparently wanted to do

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:13 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He left because he got an opportunity to do something different and something that he apparently wanted to do
Could be, but a case of "Enough is enough" may also be true. Dolan chased Albert away from the Knicks becuase he would criticise them.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Could be, but a case of "Enough is enough" may also be true. Dolan chased Albert away from the Knicks becuase he would criticise them.
Chased him away?They wanted to cut his salary considering Marv wasn't calling all of the Knick games with his TNT mid-week duties.MSG had Mike Breen waiting in the wings and maybe you don't know but Breen is an excellent play by play basketball guy

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Levitate

I think the link is tenuous. There's nothing to really suggest JD was dealt with in the same way and there's nothing to suggest he really left because he was unhappy.

Just speculation

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Go the Blues website and listen to John's comments on running a hockey team.He is very happy

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I feel fairly certain that the only way JD doesn't take the St. Louis job is if he'd been offered Sather's job.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Fletch

Without knowing the situation first hand...

my guess is that JD's decision to go to the Blues was all about an opportunity to do something different in his life than he's done the last 20 or so years. I doubt Dolan gets in JD's hair too much. Dolan's concerned about making money, and JD doesn't do a heck of a lot to impede that, and cannot do a heck of a lot to augment that. Further, if JD didn't like it in New York (a huge stretch) he could've gotten a job as a color commentator in many other cities in North America and been paid a decent wage. This is about a career change. The Post will insinuate that because they're on a Dolan-bashing crusade - and rightfully they should be, but I'd venture to guess that this crusade's unwarranted.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 01:56 PM
shoothepuck

How many chances in life is a guy going to get to do what JD can now that he's in St Louis?

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote