HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Mcguire on team 990

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
  #1
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,925
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Pierre Mcguire on team 990

hell be on at 5:25 i wana see what he has to say...

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
  #2
wade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
hes gonna say that garon for huet trade was a big mistake

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:15 PM
  #3
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,699
vCash: 700
Right now is a guy moaning that the team isint making a move while Chicago and Boston did. He say he's depressed. I think this guy post here.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:16 PM
  #4
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
Right now is a guy moaning that the team isint making a move while Chicago and Boston did. He say he's depressed. I think this guy post here.
Chicago???

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:18 PM
  #5
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,699
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Chicago???
Khabby,Lapointe,Barnaby,Brown,Aucoin..

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:18 PM
  #6
tmc
Registered User
 
tmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Chicago???
Lalime

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:25 PM
  #7
zednik20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
hell be on at 5:25 i wana see what he has to say...
nobody wants to come to Montreal because of the taxes, the media, the politic situation, the french...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:25 PM
  #8
Chet-Nick
Registered User
 
Chet-Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Serbia
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
I'm on hold for the Team 990 (5:25 PM). Listening via internet.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:29 PM
  #9
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
nobody wants to come to Montreal because of the taxes, the media, the politic situation, the french...
good.
more reason to play the youngsters!!

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:33 PM
  #10
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
nobody wants to come to Montreal because of the taxes, the media, the politic situation, the french...
and I thought it was something with the water

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:33 PM
  #11
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post
I'm on hold for the Team 990 (5:25 PM). Listening via internet.
I think you're on right now! Good discussion you got going.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
  #12
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
nobody wants to come to Montreal because of the taxes, the media, the politic situation, the french...
Language & Ethnics shouldn't be used as an argument either way. That you say that players do not want to come here because of my people (Which might also be yours) and my political ideology (Which is perfectly acceptable in a diplomatic world) hurts me.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
  #13
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
nobody wants to come to Montreal because of the taxes, the media, the politic situation, the french...
It's good like this, I don't want morons like that in Montreal

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
  #14
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
they're talking about aebischer's trade value. they're saying it's undervalued. he's a good goaltender with solid career numbers.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
  #15
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
Is it me or Pierre McGuire isn' on Team990.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
  #16
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
they're talking about aebischer's trade value. they're saying it's undervalued. he's a good goaltender with solid career numbers.
YEa I just herd that....it was a pretty interesting discussion except it wasn't with Pierre Mcguire. Interesting none-the-less

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
  #17
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux View Post
It's good like this, I don't want morons like that in Montreal
why are they morons if they can make much more money else where?

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
  #18
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Is it me or Pierre McGuire isn' on Team990.
He isn't .. not now anyways

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
  #19
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Language & Ethnics shouldn't be used as an argument either way. That you say that players do not want to come here because of my people (Which might also be yours) and my political ideology (Which is perfectly acceptable in a diplomatic world) hurts me.

It is not the fact that there are French people in Quebec. It is the fact that those people (at least some of them) expect players to learn an additional language.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:39 PM
  #20
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
YEa I just herd that....it was a pretty interesting discussion except it wasn't with Pierre Mcguire. Interesting none-the-less

we don't really need mcguire to bash the habs while yelling his head off and saying 'WHAMMMO Canadiens Didnt get ARnott BAMMMO MONSTER LOSS"

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
  #21
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
we don't really need mcguire to bash the habs while yelling his head off and saying 'WHAMMMO Canadiens Didnt get ARnott BAMMMO MONSTER LOSS"
I actually like what Mcguire says on Team 990.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
  #22
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I actually like what Mcguire says on Team 990.
he's way too into himself, imo.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
  #23
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
It is not the fact that there are French people in Quebec. It is the fact that those people (at least some of them) expect players to learn an additional language.
that's true, you need at least a 150 IQ and thousands of hours of work in order to learn 5 words

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
  #24
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Language & Ethnics shouldn't be used as an argument either way. That you say that players do not want to come here because of my people (Which might also be yours) and my political ideology (Which is perfectly acceptable in a diplomatic world) hurts me.

The problem is that the players are expected to learn a new language. Their children and families have to adapt to a society where they'll be looked down on and barely be able to integrate into without learning a new language. I've lived here my entire life and I'm still seen as an outsider because I'm not a French-Canadian.

As for the politics...Well, I don't see what the appeal of moving to a city where the political situation is so unstable.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:48 PM
  #25
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
that's true, you need at least a 150 IQ in order to learn 5 words and thousands of hours of work
What about their families? Their children who have to attend school here?

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.