HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This would be nice 8)

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Patch101

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
This would be nice 8)

"Brownlee claims the Mighty Ducks have offered up prospect and Edmontonian Joffrey Lupul and a draft pick, while the Philadelphia Flyers have apparently offered up two-way center Michal Handzus and another player, which could be either of prospect blueliners Jeff Woywitka or Dennis Seidenberg"

Michal Handzus + Jeff Woywitka

That would be NICE (HIGHLY doubt that rumour)

SM
PS, you gatta think that if Lupul was on the table that Lowe wouldn't be thinking about this Kid, whadda add? Vishnevsky? Leclerc?

SM

Old
11-08-2003, 06:34 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
i still don't like Handzus because he's so damn slow. You think Dopita was slow...well think Dopita but Younger and named Handzus...Handzus is younger, yes but he's not *that* young and if the new CBA lowers the UFA age he'll only be here for at most 2-3 years depending on what the age is changed to.

Don't misread this as Handzus totally sucks, he's good defensitely, but i don't think he can help the offense very much unless he is just going to be used to be the defensive conscience of Smyth and Hemsky...thats an interesting idea.

What I am poorly attempting to say is that i'd rather have someone else, someone a bit younger with a bit more offensive upside. We're trading a guy that at worst is/was a 70 pt player, we need to get someone back that has AT LEAST that as their ceiling, or someone that can be a legit #1 or #2 D...

Old
11-08-2003, 06:55 PM
riles

I'd love to get Lupul, he'd be the perfect finisher to complement Hemsky.

Maybe a little bigger deal involving Vishnevski?

Lupul, Vishnevski
for
Comrie, 2nd?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:42 PM
krooky

I don't want anything to do with Lupul. I think he's the second coming of Pavel Brendl. I'm not sure if Gagne can play centre, but i would like something along the lines of Comrie/Rita for Gagne/Woywitka.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Obsessed

I'm reaching but wasn't there mention of Marco Sturm and Brad Stuart as well? I think Stuart would be worth dealing Comrie to a Western Conference team.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:31 AM
G-Double

i know i might sound delusional but i would seriously look at Marco Sturm Straight up for Comrie...

Sturm...plays all 3 forward positions, is one of the top 10 Defensive/two-way forwards in the league. Is young has blazing speed, probably as good as Dvorak, can play PP/PK/ES equally well. Can Finish his chances. If SJ were to add a young D i would take this a run away giggling like a little girl...hehehehehehe

Old
11-09-2003, 04:40 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
i know i might sound delusional but i would seriously look at Marco Sturm Straight up for Comrie...

Sturm...plays all 3 forward positions, is one of the top 10 Defensive/two-way forwards in the league. Is young has blazing speed, probably as good as Dvorak, can play PP/PK/ES equally well. Can Finish his chances. If SJ were to add a young D i would take this a run away giggling like a little girl...hehehehehehe
interesting-
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thperiod.com
Meanwhile, the San Jose Sharks and struggling Montreal Canadiens are also said to be interested in Comrie. Marco Sturm of the Sharks, and Chris Higgins of the Habs may be names involved in potential discussions
I had no idea Montreal was still interested and I don't think your crazy I would not mind Sturm for Comrie at all but I wouldn't mind Hannan either (whom no one seems to like). Sturm is 48% in the dot which isn't half bad I think he would go well with Smyth and Hemsky and his two-way play should make that line a lot more defensively accountable his point totals seem to be on a slow and steady climb so his better days are still ahead of him I could dig trading straight up for him but I think we can get more because of his percieved value.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:47 AM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Sturm is 48% in the dot which isn't half bad...
Statistically, winning less than 50% of draws is MORE than half bad...

Old
11-09-2003, 05:57 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
Statistically, winning less than 50% of draws is MORE than half bad...

I meant for not being his primary position and compared to Smyth which is who I had in mind he is quite close to being right in the middle(yes it is more than "half bad" but in comparison to our other players he is in the top half). Our only guy who is above 50% in the face-off circle is Reasoner(about 55%), York and Horcoff sit around 45%.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
To answer Butcher's question over at the Sharks board, I don't think the Sharks trade Sturm for Comrie straightup. Crazy, I know but let me explain. League-wide Comrie's value is much higher than Sturm's and most teams would take that trade and run. But to the Sharks, Sturm's value has to be close to untouchable. They have made a heavy investment in the German talent pool with the likes of Goc, Ehrhoff, Patzold, Hospelt, and Ehlechner. Sturm is the guy who is goin to help mentor these guys if and when they reach SJ. His role as a teacher and leader increases his value to the Sharks so I don't see him being moved. He's not half bad skill-wise either

11-09-2003, 08:08 AM
G-Double

Patty how is California, i miss it so much at the moment, anyway, i agree Sturm will be a valuable asset when it comes to bringing those other German players along, especially Goc (how is he anyway, playing in cleveland this year )? Anyway, living with sharks fans the past 3 years or so i've grown to appreciatte everything sturm stands for andhis style of play, getting him and hannan for comrie and player like rita would be an absolute coup and wilson should immediately be fired in SJ if that happens.

Since, IMO the sharks lack prospects up front i'd offer this deal..

To EDM: Marco Sturm and Scott Hannan

To SJ: Mike Comrie, Jani Rita 2nd round pick

disclaimer, since sharks fans will likely read this. Lacking forward prospects referred to depth outside of this years recent picks and Goc/Boyes who i'm not sure is ever going to make it.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Oilers1*

If Handzus were dealt here, Edmonton would be his fourth team in seven years. Doesn't that concern anybody?

Old
11-09-2003, 05:47 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque27
If Handzus were dealt here, Edmonton would be his fourth team in seven years. Doesn't that concern anybody?
Look what he was traded for though.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
Patty how is California, i miss it so much at the moment, anyway, i agree Sturm will be a valuable asset when it comes to bringing those other German players along, especially Goc (how is he anyway, playing in cleveland this year )? Anyway, living with sharks fans the past 3 years or so i've grown to appreciatte everything sturm stands for andhis style of play, getting him and hannan for comrie and player like rita would be an absolute coup and wilson should immediately be fired in SJ if that happens.

Since, IMO the sharks lack prospects up front i'd offer this deal..

To EDM: Marco Sturm and Scott Hannan

To SJ: Mike Comrie, Jani Rita 2nd round pick

disclaimer, since sharks fans will likely read this. Lacking forward prospects referred to depth outside of this years recent picks and Goc/Boyes who i'm not sure is ever going to make it.
Its a little wet in my neck of the woods (I'm down south by the beach...no where near SJ but I just cant root of the Ducks or the Kings).

Anyways, Goc impressed alot during training camp and has been so-so as far as production goes in this his rookie year in the AHL. He's looking to be a good (very good) replacement once Ricci is gone. He's a 3rd line center with an outside chance of takin the second line spot if his offense ever explodes.

As for the package, I'd deal Marleau before I'd move Sturm or Hannan. Sturm for the reasons I listed above and Hannan because simply he has been our best defenseman IMO for the past year and a half (should be noted that Stuey had been out with a concussion and then an ankle injury during that time).

I've said this before (on the trade rumours board) that the most I'd be willing to give up is Boyes and Fahey for Comrie. I know most Oilers fans wouldnt go for that and have the right to argue for more value but if Mikey was to come to SJ for anything more than that, I'd see it as overpayment. Boyes, I think, can be a player in the NHL but, like you, my expectations are not high. However, I wanna see him in a call-up this year (Goc and him will likely see some time if the team is outta contention and Ricci is moved, Vinnie too with any luck) before I label as one thing or another.

Old
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
G-Double

Patty, i definitely know where oxnard is, an that rain helped with all those fires out by my parents and down at m friends in SD.

Anyway, on to more important matters. I agree Sturm is likely more valuable to the Sharks than Marleau at this point both for his on ice and off ice contributions now and in the future. I don' think he'll come over but ideally (best case scenario for the oilers) he and hannan , i mean even he comes over on his own with a 2nd or something, i'd be ecstatic Goc's potential sure has come down from the level it was once thought to be..

Old
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
krooky

I'm not interested in Sturm but if San Jose is interested in dealing than i would go Comrie straight up for Marleau. I believe he would be a perfect Oiler with his size and insane speed. Plus, he has unlimited potential that hasen't come out yet.

Old
11-09-2003, 10:48 PM
G-Double

Any reason you wouldn't go for Sturm? Just don't like him cuz of the # he wears? the car he drivesd? i don't get what is NOT to like about Marco Sturm....if you could enlighten me, thatd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Old
11-09-2003, 11:08 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by krooky
I'm not interested in Sturm but if San Jose is interested in dealing than i would go Comrie straight up for Marleau. I believe he would be a perfect Oiler with his size and insane speed. Plus, he has unlimited potential that hasen't come out yet.
How can you not like Sturm or Lupul? Who do you like aside from Marleau, he would not be traded straight up for Comrie by the way.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I meant for not being his primary position and compared to Smyth which is who I had in mind he is quite close to being right in the middle(yes it is more than "half bad" but in comparison to our other players he is in the top half). Our only guy who is above 50% in the face-off circle is Reasoner(about 55%), York and Horcoff sit around 45%.
I know... just being a smartass

Closed Thread