HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

why can't we land a big player?

Old
07-03-2006, 04:29 PM
kobe

vCash: 500
why can't we land a big player?

can someone explain why the Habs are never able to land and/or sign big time players? Why is it always the other teams that do that? Why should we always settle for last? I mean the Habs could have offered the same package than Calgary did for Tanguay and for Pronger, we could have done the same thing.

kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

They outbid us perhaps?
Why ask questions which have been discussed to death already and to which you already know the answer?

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Cyrrus147

Let s play wheel of fortune without the wheel...

2 words

B_B

_A_N_Y

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:33 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe View Post
can someone explain why the Habs are never able to land and/or sign big time players? Why is it always the other teams that do that? Why should we always settle for last? I mean the Habs could have offered the same package than Calgary did for Tanguay and for Pronger, we could have done the same thing.

Ask Bob next time he has a press conference.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post

2 words

B_B

_A_N_Y
Beb Carney?
is that keith's bro we're signing or something?

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Beb Carney?
is that keith's bro we're signing or something?
almost..i ll give you a hint

B_B

GAIN_Y

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:48 PM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post

2 words

B_B

_A_N_Y
you got it it's Gaineys fault he only took the job so he could srew the team he's actually an undercover leaf agent

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Pat

Quote:
it's been debated all day long in many different threads, but we haven't come up with a conclusive answer yet.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
you got it it's Gaineys fault he only took the job so he could srew the team he's actually an undercover leaf agent
No you're mistaking. Cyrrus is a travel agent and booked Gainey on a vacation that left June 30th and comes back August 1st. So he knows Bob is just sitting back and relaxing and not caring about the Canadiens or working at all.

Why won't players sign here? Language/political issues, high taxes, Canada, team that isn't a contender yet, being outbid...etc.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
it's been debated all day long in many different threads, but we haven't come up with a conclusive answer yet.
It's because of fans that ask why to questions that are unanswerable. Drives the players nuts...

Oh wait, it's me that hates it.

Never mind.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post

did anyone check the attendance figures of the teams that went crazy in the free agent market ?? there is some of the reason . many owner know they needed better product on the ice to get more rear ends to come watch .

again montreal sells out every game there is no reason for george to panic . just keep the status quo with what we got . the fact of the matter is the washington captials SAVED OUR A## the only reason we squeaked into the play offs. just making the playoffs has become the goal over the last 10 years .sad really as one time it was all about running for the cup not just for the first round .

as i said before how such a historic franchise is now to the point no player wants to even come here to play here (maybe sidney crosby in 6 more years) says it all to me ..that has to tell you something not about the city itself because it one of the most beautiful places in the world to live but the MEDIA is 75% of the problem .

dont think for 2 seconds other players around the leauge dont hear or didint see the captian of our club saku get put on the spot and asked (why dont you speak french ) dont think other players havent seen 5 to 8 players run out of town or boo'ed out of town by there own fans . really who in there right mind needs that kind of treatment when the money is the same in another city .

dont think players around the leauge didnt see the $$#@$ head reporter sneak into saku's hospital room and snap pictures of his eye when it was hanging out . i mean ZERO RESPECT even as our captian eye hung in the balance .

i MEAN WAKE THE @#@# MONTREAL it's not hard to see what keep players away .

montreal very well might want players but were on the bottom of every player totem pole except the real home boys like begin and boullion .

you can love GEROGE LARAQUE OR HATE HIM BUT DONT HATE HIM FOR TELLING EVERYONE THE TRUTH ABOUT PLAYING HERE .
(MEDIA)

im predicting this season i swear after not snagging free agent latendresse will make the club for sure . WHY? because it will make the fans happy and they can chant GUI GUI GUI night after night HUET HUET HUET night after night as the bell centre continues to sell out and as we struggle again just to make the playoffs .

huet my faith has been with you from day one and i know your goona do everything in your power to get us to the playoffs again but some how as we seen last year many nights as you only allowed 1 or 2 goals the team was expecting you to score for them also .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:

We got Kovalev for Balej.

That should address your concern.

---

On another topic, if you look at what Anaheim gave in order to get Pronger... I think we would have needed to give something like:

Higgins + (another prospect like Kostitsyn/Perezhogin/Price ) + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

Or

Markov + (another prospect like Kostitsyn/Perezhogin/Pirice ) + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

Or even

Markov + Higgins + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

Would that have you happy to secure that trade?

---

As for Tangay... not sure you want to build around him.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Goalie3636

Hey all i know is that BG better build a cup contender soon,, cause I wanna still be able to brag that my team has won the cup in every decade since 1900.

Goalie3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:35 PM
tritone

Ko
Va
Lev
???????

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:37 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Because no one wants to play in Montreal.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 05:44 PM
tritone

LOVE THE AV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Because no one wants to play in Montreal.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote