HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any word on Reasoner?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 07:13 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Any word on Reasoner?

This could really suck.....

Old
11-08-2003, 07:21 PM
bfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
This could really suck.....
Didn't he play a few shifts in the 3rd period? Looked okay to me but will probably be very sore for the next few games.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:23 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfan
Didn't he play a few shifts in the 3rd period? Looked okay to me but will probably be very sore for the next few games.
thanks....I missed alot of the 3rd, so I never seen him.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:29 PM
FacelessButcher

Ya he played a few shifts did not look like himself though hopefully hes just a little rattled with no injuries.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:29 PM
bfan

Looking at ESPN's game log of the 3rd period:

At 13.26 of the 3rd period Reichel won a faceoff against Reasoner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/gameLog?gameId=231108021

Old
11-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Oiltown16

What happened ...I fell asleep during the second

Old
11-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Well, Laraque bruised his thumb against the Shames ... er Flames and finished the game.

11-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfan
Looking at ESPN's game log of the 3rd period:

At 13.26 of the 3rd period Reichel won a faceoff against Reasoner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/gameLog?gameId=231108021
That's strange and I read that, too. Sportsnet mentioned that Reasoner did not return after he slid into the boards.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Well, Laraque bruised his thumb against the Shames ... er Flames and finished the game.
What does that have to do with Reasoner's injury tonight?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
What does that have to do with Reasoner's injury tonight?
It's possible that a player can finish a game despite an injury.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
riles

He came back, but looked pretty shaken up out there.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Allan

Quote:
It's possible that a player can finish a game despite an injury.
Ahh.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
That's strange and I read that, too. Sportsnet mentioned that Reasoner did not return after he slid into the boards.
I wonder who it was I saw wearing the #19 jersey in the third then?

He wasn't limping in the third either, but damn, that had to hurt. Maybe they froze him up and they'll have (had) another look at it (by now).

Old
11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
I wonder who it was I saw wearing the #19 jersey in the third then?

He wasn't limping in the third either, but damn, that had to hurt. Maybe they froze him up and they'll have (had) another look at it (by now).
Yeah, he definitely took at least one shift out there, but I hope he sits out for as long as it takes to get 100% healthy. Smyth, York, and Comrie all came back a bit early from their injuries and really hurt this team, I don't want to see any more of the same from Marty.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

According to the journal, Reasoner was limping badly on Sunday. He has a swollen right knee and sprained left ankle. The article also mentioned that Reasoner is lucky he didn't break a leg. MacT said the play was similar to the Marc Savard incident. Savard tore ligaments in his ankle.

Old
11-11-2003, 03:15 AM
kraigus

Quote:
According to the journal, Reasoner was limping badly on Sunday. He has a swollen right knee and sprained left ankle. The article also mentioned that Reasoner is lucky he didn't break a leg. MacT said the play was similar to the Marc Savard incident. Savard tore ligaments in his ankle.
When I saw him lying there, that's exactly what I thought... "oh poo," (but not exactly that word ), "I hope he didn't break anything". Glad to hear it's not broken, but... a sprain's almost as bad.

Incidentally, did anybody else notice that, right away, Mush knew Reasoner was hurt, tapped him on the shoulder, and started talking to him? He was skating around looking like his dog had just died too. Everybody who thinks Mush skates around going only for knees because he wants to end careers should watch that footage. Not to say he's gonna win the Lady Byng any time soon, but...

Again on the anybody else theme... the next thought I had after seeing that Reasoner wasn't, you know, dead, was "No touch icing." Kinda wonder if that's what Marchment was thinking too. They both could have been very badly hurt on that play, and neither one did anything but play hard and go for the puck. Every time I see a play like that I really have to wonder. Yeah, it's exciting to see icing taken away by a race won by a forward, and Edmonton seem to get more than their share of beaten icings, but is it worth it? I don't think so any more.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:15 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
When I saw him lying there, that's exactly what I thought... "oh poo," (but not exactly that word ), "I hope he didn't break anything". Glad to hear it's not broken, but... a sprain's almost as bad.

Incidentally, did anybody else notice that, right away, Mush knew Reasoner was hurt, tapped him on the shoulder, and started talking to him? He was skating around looking like his dog had just died too. Everybody who thinks Mush skates around going only for knees because he wants to end careers should watch that footage. Not to say he's gonna win the Lady Byng any time soon, but...

Again on the anybody else theme... the next thought I had after seeing that Reasoner wasn't, you know, dead, was "No touch icing." Kinda wonder if that's what Marchment was thinking too. They both could have been very badly hurt on that play, and neither one did anything but play hard and go for the puck. Every time I see a play like that I really have to wonder. Yeah, it's exciting to see icing taken away by a race won by a forward, and Edmonton seem to get more than their share of beaten icings, but is it worth it? I don't think so any more.
Didn't Ryan Smyth get injured on a similar play against Chicago a couple of years ago bacause there was an icing waved off.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
kraigus

Quote:
Didn't Ryan Smyth get injured on a similar play against Chicago a couple of years ago bacause there was an icing waved off.
(I'm not sure, that was one of four games I missed that year, but probably.) It happens a lot - too much, I think.

If there was one change I could make to the game, I think it'd be no touch icings. It wouldn't affect scoring one bit, I'm sure, but it'd mean we'd get to see players play instead of risking injury every time the puck goes down the ice. (Actually, it might cut down a bit on trapping teams too, who knows.)

Old
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Allan

Quote:
That's how he broke his ankle - killed the rest of the season for him. Touch icing is dangerous and boring - I'd rather just see the faceoff and have play continue than have to watch them race down the ice every time, and risk injury. I think the NHL and AHL are the only leagues in the world with touch icing, and I can't see why they can't catch up with the rest of the world, and stop boring us and hurting their own players.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:56 PM
barto

This has been mentioned elsewhere (game-day thread, I think) but Reasoner has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his foot (or was it ankle?) so he's returning to Edmonton and will take some time to recover yet. I guess it's like a 'crack' in the bone but everything's still 'in place', so it could be worse, but it sucks.

Bart

Old
11-12-2003, 10:11 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
That's how he broke his ankle - killed the rest of the season for him. Touch icing is dangerous and boring - I'd rather just see the faceoff and have play continue than have to watch them race down the ice every time, and risk injury. I think the NHL and AHL are the only leagues in the world with touch icing, and I can't see why they can't catch up with the rest of the world, and stop boring us and hurting their own players.
i agree...

worst of all, the oilers just lost one of their best (and most consistent) players for (my est.) 4-6 weeks.

Closed Thread