HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Soooo, any good centremen available?

Old
07-03-2006, 09:59 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
Soooo, any good centremen available?

Since we chose not to participate in UFA derby, are there realistically any decent centermen available through trade? I for one am going to be completely (even more so) demoralized if we go into next season with Ribeiro and Zednik still on the team. But their must be something we could swing using the usual suspects as trade bait (Ribeiro, Zednik, Aeibischer, Souray) or even Bonk. I know they're the dregs of the team but there must be something we can do with them, quantity for quality wise. I don't want to loose hope completely but we need someone to spark and even carry this team at times if we have any hope of finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever View Post
Since we chose not to participate in UFA derby, are there realistically any decent centermen available through trade? I for one am going to be completely (even more so) demoralized if we go into next season with Ribeiro and Zednik still on the team. But their must be something we could swing using the usual suspects as trade bait (Ribeiro, Zednik, Aeibischer, Souray) or even Bonk. I know they're the dregs of the team but there must be something we can do with them, quantity for quality wise. I don't want to loose hope completely but we need someone to spark and even carry this team at times if we have any hope of finishing higher than 7th or 8th.
There was the talk about Zednik (maybe with something else) for Lang. I don't see anything that has happened that would affect that deal, so could still come to pass.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
HAHHAAHHAA
It is Radulov ?
omg he is so... meh.. he look so angry

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

ufa still available
Centers:

Jeremy Roenick
Jan Hrdina
Michael Peca
Petr Cajanek
Viktor Kozlov
Eric Lindros
Jeff Halpern

there might be a few to trade for but were not the only ones looking

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Cyrrus147

Yea the montreal Canadian found their solution to the second center problem. They found a guy inside the team who's big, tall and orange. His name is Youppi.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Yea the montreal Canadian found their solution to the second center problem. They found a guy inside the team who's big, tall and orange. His name is Youppi.
Pierre McGuire says Youppi is the big body presence the habs have been lacking

A REAL MONSTER

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
merlin

Here are the ones of interest that should be available next year... (I stole this from another post...) The * means they are presently RFA and could be signed for more than a year so they wouldn't be available. The list is interesting...There are at least 7 names in there that are really good.

Peter Forsberg
Joe Sakic
Mats Sundin (team option)
Daniel Briere*
Shawn Horcoff
Pavel Datsyuk
Scott Gomez*
Mike York*
Petr Nedved
David Legwand*
Marty Murray
Tyler Arnason
Michal Handzus
Andy McDonald*
Sergei Brylin
Jason Wiemer
Ian Laperriere (player/team option for `07-08)
Martin Straka
Radek Bonk
Pierre Turgeon
Sammie Pahlsson
Bryan Smolinski
Scott Nichol

merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Poochie_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
ufa still available
Centers:

Jeremy Roenick
Jan Hrdina
Michael Peca
Petr Cajanek
Viktor Kozlov
Eric Lindros
Jeff Halpern

besides Kozlov i'm not interested in any of the following. Believe me, there are some great players up there ( Halpern, Peca, Cajanek ) but i don't think they would fit what we need most ( 2nd line offensive pressence )

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:24 PM
habslife

How about trading Ribeiro to Chicago, I heard they were looking for a center to replace Arnason...

Seriously, I would love to get Mark Bell but I don't think they would let him go. But who knows?

Who could be offered to the Hawks in order to convince them? Please be realistic and forget about Ribeiro or Bonk.

Would you be willing to trade one of the following: Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Komo, or ... ? Which young player could we trade without affecting the team so much?

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
jason allison

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Marc Chouinard is still available isn't he?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:57 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Pierre McGuire says Youppi is the big body presence the habs have been lacking

A REAL MONSTER

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:05 PM
GoHabsGO252006

out of all the prospects I'd only be willing to deal Perezhogin provided the return was there of course. All the others are keepers from that list for me, at least for now.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:09 PM
RE-HABS

Brendan Morrison via trade because Nonis needs to sign 10 players on his roster and has no cap space with salaries like Morrison's and Cloutier's there to sign players like Carter. Morrison makes a cheaper 3.2 and is a great 2nd line centre behinf Saku at that price.

Gainey maybe in the driver seat to dump off a Zednik or Riberio or maybe even both (Riberio maybe the cheaper option since he can be paid a little over $1 million with a 10% raise compaired to Zed and his $2 million salary) for Morrison becuase Nonis has backed himself in a corner signing players for so much and having little left over to pay the rest of his team.

Gainey could go this route.

The options out there aren't only UFA.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Belso

As far as I can see, there are no more "Impact" centers out there that have not been signed. What does that leave for the Habs? Nothing.. There's no one out there better then Koivu or Ribeiro at that matter. Even if we can argue that there where, it would cost too much in a trade. I wish we can get rid of Ribeiro and Zednik in a trade, but I doubt it. No one wants these guys. Riberio has the talent and maybe with Guy and Kirk, he may change his attitute and actually have a good season. Plekanec seems to have had a good rookie year despite his injury. Why sign an old washed up center who "MAY" do well as opposed to developing a young center, already under contract, who "MAY" also do well?

Right now If I was Bob, knowing that my attempts to land a solid forward failed (having taxes, snow, and language issues against him) might as well try and develop what was drafted as soon as possible without burning them out. And how would I do that? Get some hard working, smart, and charismatic players into the organization. I think that even if Roenick did mess up last year, he can teach the kids a lot about handling pressure and can teach them not to get intimidated which will help their development. Guy and Kirk are good for that but sometimes it's better to have that on the ice with you instead of all the way over on the bench. I like Peca too. Shanahan would be a great fit. Sure hope he likes to ski Who else would you try because at this point it really does seem to be try?

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:28 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
As far as I can see, there are no more "Impact" centers out there that have not been signed. What does that leave for the Habs? Nothing.. There's no one out there better then Koivu or Ribeiro at that matter. Even if we can argue that there where, it would cost too much in a trade. I wish we can get rid of Ribeiro and Zednik in a trade, but I doubt it. No one wants these guys. Riberio has the talent and maybe with Guy and Kirk, he may change his attitute and actually have a good season. Plekanec seems to have had a good rookie year despite his injury. Why sign an old washed up center who "MAY" do well as opposed to developing a young center, already under contract, who "MAY" also do well?

Right now If I was Bob, knowing that my attempts to land a solid forward failed (having taxes, snow, and language issues against him) might as well try and develop what was drafted as soon as possible without burning them out. And how would I do that? Get some hard working, smart, and charismatic players into the organization. I think that even if Roenick did mess up last year, he can teach the kids a lot about handling pressure and can teach them not to get intimidated which will help their development. Guy and Kirk are good for that but sometimes it's better to have that on the ice with you instead of all the way over on the bench. I like Peca too. Shanahan would be a great fit. Sure hope he likes to ski Who else would you try because at this point it really does seem to be try?
Peca and roenicke can skate. No slowpokes please

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
jason allison
You're like a vinyl LP record that can't track past one scratched groove.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:04 AM
jcpenny

Mikhail Grabovsky.

I was just re-watching the highlights of team Belarus during the WC and i forgot how incredible this guy was. Now i understand why some posters from other teams said that he had Star Potential

He has quick hands, awsome vision and he saktes like Afinogenov. I want this guy in a Habs jersey and quick! Only knock is that he needs to bulk up at 5'11 176lbs...They need to sign him ASAP!

Ribs get lost, Grabovsky get aboard!

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:19 AM
habitforming

Quote:
Get a life!

habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Is this some kind of plan getting Pierre Dagenais back into team?

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:40 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
ufa still available
Centers:

Jeremy Roenick
Jan Hrdina
Michael Peca
Petr Cajanek
Viktor Kozlov
Eric Lindros
Jeff Halpern

I would be tickled pink if Gainey signed Peca. Yeah, I know some posters have called him 3rd (and one even 4th) line material. Sorry, I don't buy it. While not an offensive star, Peca does have an adequate offensive side to go with his defence. His offensive performance during the playoffs with Edmonton is IMO more representative of what Peca is capable of than is sub-par regular season indicates. IMO Peca is the best UFA forward available after Elias. He brings maturity, leadership, skill, experience and grit and would certainly have a far greater impact for the Habs in the coming season than any of our other centres, except perhaps Koivu, and as near as I know Koivu is still a bit of a question mark. The question is whether Peca would be interested in playing for the Habs, and that's a big question mark, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bob land him, and it would be the best move available to him at this point IMO. My 2 cents FWIW.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote