Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why so quiet??

Old
07-04-2006, 01:02 AM
natural420*

vCash: 500
why so quiet??

so why only the one move?. i see all the players we were rumoured with, signing with other teams for prices we could easily afford. are we done??. i mean iam happy with the team we have but i think we will be hoping for the #1 center for a long time to come.

whos left for us to pick up?
are we looking to trade?

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:26 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
so why only the one move?. i see all the players we were rumoured with, signing with other teams for prices we could easily afford. are we done??. i mean iam happy with the team we have but i think we will be hoping for the #1 center for a long time to come.

whos left for us to pick up?
are we looking to trade?
Sutter is never done - just when you figure he is - he surprises you. Besides he still needs to sign a Russian or two and a goalie

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
No news because Calgary has almost everyone they need/are looking for already locked up.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:39 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

Flames have 17 players already signed. Add our two RFA's (Tanguay and Lombardi) and we have 19 spots filled. If I'm not mistaken that doesn't include NHL ready rookies like Ritchie Regher, Giordano and Nystrom either. Essentially we're two depth forwards away from a full forward roster, and I doubt we'll have any of those spots officially filled until after the rookie camp in August. We're missing one backup goaltender and all our defense spots are filled.

Biggest moves Sutter will make this offseason will be for a backup and possibly a trade for another "surprise" forward like Husselius.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Hunter74

Not surprised we are not that active in the UFA market.

After the Tanguay trade it looked like all we really needed was some depth players to fill out the bottom lines.

I think if Sutter could of nabbed a top flight forward or defenseman for a reasonable price he would of signed someone else but the prices look to hig imo.

I like the way our team is looking. We didn't have a bad club at all last year and we just needed alittle tweaking to the bottom lines and a better scoring forward. The forward crop imo looked liek it really lacked a physical presence despite teh fact we had Simon and LeClerc on the roster as they were not effective due to lack of speed. Donovan had speed to spare but he doens't know what a check is despite his ability to work well down low. Nystrom adds speed and an ability to finish checks and be aggressive int he corners and on the forecheck something that is important to our team that was lacking last season. Unfortunatly Lombardi and Amonte didn't really score liek they should of but know we have Tanguay and he should shore that up.

Leopolds roster spot was pretty much filled with Zyuzin another skilled defenseman.

I think we pretty much have 20 players signed to contracts if you add in RFA Tanguay, Lombardi and the promotions of Nystrom and possibly a 7th defenseman in Regehr, Girodano or Ramholt.

Hunter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Kritty

With a bounce back year from Iginla, Amonte and a few other forwards, the offence should come. Although I'm disappointed Sutter couldn't find a way to anti-up more than what Nashville did for Arnott.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote