HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blockbuster with Philadelhia....c'mon Bob, do it!

Old
07-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Bugsy

vCash: 500
Blockbuster with Philadelhia....c'mon Bob, do it!

Why the heck not??

Gagne played awesome last season! Granted, he was riding shotgun to the best playmaker in the league (sorry big Joe), but Gagne earned every goal he got last season! He is an awesome skater, strong in the corners and always first on the puck. He would look great on any team, especially Montreal.
The Habs should have drafted him but Houle decided to go with Chouinard because he was bigger and had a hockey pedigree (Chouinard's father was an NHLer). Even though the majority of people ranked Gagne higher than Chouinard, Houle gambled and lost big time!! Now, Gainey could have a chance to right the wrong by getting Gagne in a Habs jersey!

Now, I'm talking blockbuster, so it's not only Gagne the Habs should target. Jeff Carter is the guy the Habs need. I know he's close to untouchable, but everyone has a price. Carter may be a 1st line center of the future or he may just be a great 2nd liner, who knows. Clarke loves the guy, but if Gainey offered up the right package of players, prospects and picks, Carter could be moved.

So for Gagne and Carter, what would be a good package?

My idea would be:
To Mon: Gagne and Carter
To Phi: Souray, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Price and a 1st round pick

Thoughts............

Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Why the heck not??

Gagne played awesome last season! Granted, he was riding shotgun to the best playmaker in the league (sorry big Joe), but Gagne earned every goal he got last season! He is an awesome skater, strong in the corners and always first on the puck. He would look great on any team, especially Montreal.
The Habs should have drafted him but Houle decided to go with Chouinard because he was bigger and had a hockey pedigree (Chouinard's father was an NHLer). Even though the majority of people ranked Gagne higher than Chouinard, Houle gambled and lost big time!! Now, Gainey could have a chance to right the wrong by getting Gagne in a Habs jersey!

Now, I'm talking blockbuster, so it's not only Gagne the Habs should target. Jeff Carter is the guy the Habs need. I know he's close to untouchable, but everyone has a price. Carter may be a 1st line center of the future or he may just be a great 2nd liner, who knows. Clarke loves the guy, but if Gainey offered up the right package of players, prospects and picks, Carter could be moved.

My idea would be:

Thoughts............

We have a thread for this..

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Whynks

As a Flyers fan, there is no way I do that. Gagne, sure, but there is no way I'd trade Carter right now.

Whynks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
There goes 3\4 of our prospects.........

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:53 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
There goes 3\4 of our prospects.........
4 out of 5 if you consider the first pick...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:54 PM
CrazyShea

No way we give up price no freaking way.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:56 PM
zednik20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Why the heck not??

My idea would be:

Thoughts............
you forgot to put Latendresse, Chipchura, Higgins and Fischer in the deal...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Bugsy

To get something, you have to give up something!

The Habs still have 3 top end prospects:
Latendresse, Chipchura, Grabovsy

Old
07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
KaptainKourage*

why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
wholeshow*

[QUOTE=Markov#79;5918698]why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :[/QUOTE

lets trade 5 first rounders for 2. good trade for the habs? uh, no.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Bugsy

The Flyers don't want to trade him, I want the Flyers to trade him to the Habs!
That's the thing!

I'm just trying to make a value judgement, that's all. The Flyers, like any other team, have needs. Just trying to have some fun with the idea of making the Habs a better team without the crazy lopsided ideas.

Old
07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
KaptainKourage*

[QUOTE=hunjeebakala;5918769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
why peoples think flyers would trade carter ? for the fun of trading players ? :[/QUOTE

Dude, I think you quote the wrong person

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Whynks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
So, you're basically saying you wouldn't trade Chipchura, Price, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, and a 1st round pick for Crosby and Ovechkin? Because 5 first rounders are are better than 2? Impressive thinking.

Whynks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
pwallll

Souray, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Price and a 1st round pick

you really wanna trade all that away?

i kno gagnes good and cater has a bright future in the nhl but thats a lot to give up. your loosing your top 3 prospects, one of your top defence men and a first round pick.

pwallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Marksman

I dont think Flyers would do it either. I mean trade their two more/less proven core players for second pairing dman and mostly unproven players. Building a winning team should be the objective, not trying to accumulate prospect and picks...

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:38 PM
kostitsyn1489

Wow... what a bad trade for the habs.

Kostitsyn is as good as Carter and have a bigger potencial and Perezhogin Souray Price 1st pick for Gagné. NO WAY!

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:51 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynks View Post
So, you're basically saying you wouldn't trade Chipchura, Price, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, and a 1st round pick for Crosby and Ovechkin? Because 5 first rounders are are better than 2? Impressive thinking.

wow, good job at using an extreme to destroy my logic.

but lol @ gagne and carter being put in the same category as ovechkin and crosby. wow, you're a genius!

Price is a top 5 pick, neither gagne or carter were top 5 in their draft. How bad do the flyers need a quality goaltender in their system? Pretty damn bad. Who was the last goaltender the flyers had that was worth talking about? Ouellet? lol.

Kostitsyn was drafted ahead of carter, chipchura doesn't have the same offensive potential as carter but he beats carter in every other category. perezhogin and kostitsyn have incredible potential and are two players that can play on the habs right now, and we're not throwing them away.

carter is not crosby. lol

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
kostitsyn1489

Kostitsyn Perezhogin Price 1st pick and Souray for Crosby or Ovechkin. I think it's a pretty bad move... A player don't make a team. Ovechkin is great he's awesome he's insane but I don't think he's able to stop shot like Price or play D like Souray or have the ice time of Kostitsyn Peezogin and the 1st pick combine.

Old
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Kostitsyn Perezhogin Price 1st pick and Souray for Crosby or Ovechkin. I think it's a pretty bad move... A player don't make a team. Ovechkin is great he's awesome he's insane but I don't think he's able to stop shot like Price or play D like Souray or have the ice time of Kostitsyn Peezogin and the 1st pick combine.
i won't say anything or i'l get banned, #1 insane post ever

way to go Bugsy, you made a fair-value not homer trade proposal

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
kostitsyn1489

I just joking but I still think then a player don't make a team now. So I still don't make the move...

Old
07-04-2006, 06:02 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
You'd have to be on crack to not do this deal if you're the Habs. Ovechkin and Crosby are proven, Kostitsyn, Price and Perez are not. Also, I don't get all this Kostitsyn love. He's proved virtually nothing yet.

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
kostitsyn1489

Yeah but Perezhogin will be good I now that Kostitsyn will be awesome i'm pretty sure Price it's still unknown but He's all what it takes. The 1st pick I guess he'll be good. A guy like bobby Ryan He didn't prove anything right now but I don't think they want a guy like Zednik for him...

It still 5 guys for 1. At least 3 regular player 2 top 6 forward at least and a top 3 D-men + a potencial good #1 goalie + a player with good potencial. So I'll never accept to trade 4 good reguaslr player for a top player.

Kostitsyn is a potencial 40-50 goal and 90-100 points/Season. Perezhogin a 25-30 goal and 80 points/season Price a franchise goalie Souray a 15 goal by season. I know it's in the better case but it still they're top prospect.