HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineups?

Old
07-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Viberg

vCash: 500
Lineups?

What do you say about Flyers lineups this season? This is what I would like:

Gagne - Forsberg - Knuble
Umberger - Carter - New playmaker
Samsonov - Richards - Handzus
Eager - Primeau - Kapanen

Pitkänen - Rathje
Gauthier - Puckmoving D-man
Hatcher - Meyer

Starting keeper
Nitty

Samsonov would give us extra offensive firepower and Carter/Umberger needs a solid playmaker.

If we cant find a suitable D-man, then why not try Kapanen there and let Robitaille play with Eager and Primeau.

Thoughts?

Viberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Complaining Customer

Isn't Forsberg out for some time? And I hope you'll use Niitty as a starter this time around, he is ready for the job IMO.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
baumgartener is a decent puck mover

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Viberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Isn't Forsberg out for some time? And I hope you'll use Niitty as a starter this time around, he is ready for the job IMO.
Yes, Forsberg is out until januari, but I meant of course when everybody is healthy. And yes, Nitty could be the starter, but then I would like another solid backup, not Esche...

Viberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Brad*

My enthusiasm for the upcoming season is at an all-time low. I don't remember an off-season like this; where I've had almost not hope for the upcoming year. As I browse these potential lineups I just can't help but thinking, "wow, this is ugly."

Pitkänen - Rathje
Gauthier - Puckmoving D-man
Hatcher - Meyer

That's a problem, IMO.

Pitkanen is a stud, and he'll be leading this corp.

Gauthier is a medical miracle. It really makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to watch a person who was born with a walnut for a brain make it to big leagues of the NHL. The guy makes so many bone-headed plays, it's ridiculous. Not a good defenseman.

Hatcher and Rathje are the question marks. They started off last season decent, and faded as the year went on. They were both poor in the post-season, and the Sabres forwards skated circles around them. Some here on this forum say it's because they were hurt or were still feeling the effects of a lingering injury. Maybe. I say they're just not effective in the new NHL. I honestly don't expect much from either of them.

This is not the kind of team you get excited about, unless of course you're a masochist. The defense is about as maneuverable as a dead elephant, the only real forward who steps up to create anything is out for the half the season, and whether or not this team has any depth will be decided by three second-year players. Ugh.

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
RoDu

I just looked at the Flyers official site, at the roster, gone are Therian, Radivojevic, Savage and Brashear. It's official now

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Depth Chart

Simon Gagne - Peter Forsberg - Mike Knuble
R.J. Umberger - Jeff Carter - Niko Dimitrakos
Petr Nedved - Mike Richards - Michal Handzus
Randy Robitaille - Keith Primeau - Sami Kapanen
Ben Eager - Marty Murray - Brad Tapper
Matt Ellison - Ryan Potulny - Stefan Ruzicka

Joni Pitkanen - Mike Rathje
Freddy Meyer - Derian Hatcher
Denis Gauthier - Nolan Baumgarner
Lars Jonsson - Alexandre Picard
Randy Jones - Jussi Timonen

Antero Niittymaki
Robert Esche

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:21 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
we still need to sign RJ, gagne, joni and nitty.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:37 AM
A Flock Of Seguins

Depressing isn't it? Dimitrakos will be on the 3rd line. Sammy would really really help the second line actually work in my opinion. Either way, we need another playmaker.

Surely there's a trade in the works here, or Primeau's gone, because the stockpile of 3rd and 4th liners is pretty deep now. Hell, with Forsberg out we've got Handzus, Richards, Primeau, Carter, Murray, Nedved, Robitaille at center. They all deserve to be playing, how does that work then? A few of them at wing? Where do the wingers go? The four of so of them that are actual wingers that is...
Tonnes of depth but no playmaking forwards, unless Nedved is suddenly going to revert to his passing game instead of that defensive play he adopted with us?

Gagne - ? Richards? - Knuble
Handzus - Carter - Umberger
Eager - Primeau? - Kapanen? Dimitrakos?
Murray - Robitaille - Tapper?

No, there's too much depth here, we need a top-6 talent. Trade? Samsonov? Where does Nedved fit in? Can he really carry the playmaking load? If so he only plays center doesn't he? Do you switch Carter to the wing? Does Nedved take control of the first line?

The team has a lot of questionable players who need to perform. I honestly think Primeau's gone and we're going for Sammy or a trade's coming because I can't see this team quite working... But maybe we'll get Dancin' Anson! Another player who needs the puck planted right on his stick and who isn't quite the physical presence! Woo!

I'm scared and confused.

A Flock Of Seguins is offline   Reply With Quote