HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll #14

View Poll Results: Ranger Prospect #14
Zdenek Bahensky (F) 3 2.73%
Ryan Hillier (F) 2 1.82%
Dan Girardi (D) 2 1.82%
Ryan Russell (F) 0 0%
Dwight Helminen (F) 17 15.45%
Billy Ryan (F) 0 0%
Tommy Pyatt (F) 14 12.73%
Thomas Pock (D) 25 22.73%
Ryan Callahan (F) 43 39.09%
Brodie Dupont (F) 4 3.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll #14

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Jarkko Immonen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 8th Round by the Leafs in 2002.
#4 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#5 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#6 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#7 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Owen Sound Attack (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#8 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#9 -- Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#10 - Hugh Jessiman (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 12th overall in the 2003 Draft.
#11 - Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#12 - Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#13 - Marc-André Cliche (F) - Playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2005 Draft.
[image]http://www.lewistonhockey.com/images/players/cliche10.jpg[/image]

Please say who you want added next
Added this round: Ryan Hillier
Nominations: David Kveton(16), David Liffton(8), Darin Olver(6), Eric Hunter(4), Chris Holt(2), Jake Taylor(1), Dane Byers(1)
#13 Prospect Results

Callahan. Wow, we have 4 prospects of the 10 in the poll that have the name "Ryan" as either their first or last name.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Jarkko Immonen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 8th Round by the Leafs in 2002.
#4 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#5 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#6 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#7 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Owen Sound Attack (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#8 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#9 -- Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#10 - Hugh Jessiman (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 12th overall in the 2003 Draft.
#11 - Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#12 - Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#13 - Marc-André Cliche (F) - Playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2005 Draft.
[image]http://www.lewistonhockey.com/images/players/cliche10.jpg[/image]

Please say who you want added next
Added this round: Ryan Hillier
Nominations: David Kveton(16), David Liffton(8), Darin Olver(6), Eric Hunter(4), Chris Holt(2), Jake Taylor(1), Dane Byers(1)
#13 Prospect Results

Callahan

Liffiton

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Pock. Add Corey Potter.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
BigE

It's got to be Tommy Pyatt here. No question this kid is going to be a player and much better than Thomas Pock - hell, probably much better than 5-6 already voted to the list.

Pyatt everyone, Pyatt!

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
NYRangers

Girardi, I dn't know too much about him but he's young and had very impressive numbers last year. The reports I've heard have been positive too.

NYRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 01:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
It's got to be Tommy Pyatt here. No question this kid is going to be a player and much better than Thomas Pock - hell, probably much better than 5-6 already voted to the list.

Pyatt everyone, Pyatt!
hell be better than his brother, although id take taylor on the rangers now, we can use some size up front. Id like Isbister for a year or 2. He is still young only 29.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:00 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Callahan. Add Olver.

I'm surprised Russell isnt getting any attention, he had a great year scoring a lot of points. He should start getting some votes. I know I voted for Callahan but I did vote for Russell on poll#12.

Isnt Pock near that age where he isnt elligible anymore?

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Pock. Add.... Olver I guess?

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Melrose_Jr.

BigE sold me on Pyatt during the WJC's.

Let's get Holt in there. He might have a place in the top 25.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
bmoak

Pock. Add Liffiton.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Geogaddi

Tommy Pyatt for sure. Def think this kid will suprise some people. Add Kveton.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
BigE sold me on Pyatt during the WJC's.

Let's get Holt in there. He might have a place in the top 25.
The Times reports that "hockey analyst Pierre McGuire said Pyatt could become known as the steal of the draft."

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...gm_shifts.html

Go Tommy Pyatt. Can we please add Kveton now?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Choice

I'm going Heliminen. Add Holt.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
eco's bones

Pyatt. Add Olver.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Block More Shots

Callahan, add Kveton.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Balej20*

This is getting kinda silly that Pock is so low.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Are we even signing Callahan to a contract? Anyway, I think it's time for Pock. The guy has a good chance of being on the opening night roster. No one left has tremendous upside, and they're all a year or more away from threatening to crack the roster.

Potted Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Helminen

Add Kveton

I go Helminen, Pock, Pyatt, Callahan, Dupont, Russell, Kveton, Potter

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
True Blue

For the peopel going overboard on Callahan, just what is it that he has shown that is more impressive than Helminen? And ahead of Pock?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
For the peopel going overboard on Callahan, just what is it that he has shown that is more impressive than Helminen? And ahead of Pock?
Hard work x 2.

Im not sold Helminen skills in the AHL will translate to much in the NHL anyway.

Pock is a #6 defensemen who is clueless at playing the defense. I just don't like defenseman who can't do what they are suppose to do back there.

I have Pyatt going after Callahan and Dwight and Pock somewhere after.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Hard work x 2.

Im not sold Helminen skills in the AHL will translate to much in the NHL anyway.

Pock is a #6 defensemen who is clueless at playing the defense. I just don't like defenseman who can't do what they are suppose to do back there.
But Callahan's scoring pace as an overager against 16 & 17 year-olds somehow signify more? Helminen did exactly what he was supposed to do at the AHL. He is not projected to be a top-2 line player. He is projected as a 3rd line checking center, along the lines of a Marchant. He has given every indication that he is ALREADY better than Moore and Betts.
And as for Pock, I am still scratching my head at some of the comments regarding him. It's like people have read that he cannot play defense and that is all they can see. In all of his NHL games, I have still to find some huge deficiency in his defensive game. He certainly looked no worse than ANY other Rangers defenseman when he was out there. At least defensively-wise. Offensively he looked like he was better than anyone that was out there with him. And if you do not like such defensemen, then why the love for Rachunek (unless I am mistaking and you really do not like him)?

Old
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
But Callahan's scoring pace as an overager against 16 & 17 year-olds somehow signify more? Helminen did exactly what he was supposed to do at the AHL. He is not projected to be a top-2 line player. He is projected as a 3rd line checking center, along the lines of a Marchant. He has given every indication that he is ALREADY better than Moore and Betts.
And as for Pock, I am still scratching my head at some of the comments regarding him. It's like people have read that he cannot play defense and that is all they can see. In all of his NHL games, I have still to find some huge deficiency in his defensive game. He certainly looked no worse than ANY other Rangers defenseman when he was out there. At least defensively-wise. Offensively he looked like he was better than anyone that was out there with him. And if you do not like such defensemen, then why the love for Rachunek (unless I am mistaking and you really do not like him)?
When i was watching Pock with the Rangers he was noticeable worse on defense then anyone IMO. I can still remember 2 plays where it was directly his fault which cost us goals (1 being late in the 3rd period to put us down). Watching him in the AHL as well he is not much better and still has many defensive lapses on the ice.

I've heard the Marchant comparisons a few times from this board and frankly he does have some characteristics as him...but hes a very poor man Marchant at best. Dwight doesn't hit nearly as much either, Dawes hit more when I watched them play.

There was also reason why Dwight was bumped to the 3rd and 4th line in the playoffs as well, he couldn't elevate his game and having by FAR the worst +/- in league during the playoffs doesn't show me he is that great defensively, average yes but nothing more. Both Moore and Betts are better in that role for 3rd and 4th line players.

BTW I didnt bring up Callahans scoring stats but since you did i'll remind all that he did score 68 points in 68 games when he was 17-18...so its not like he only found offense as a 20 year old.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
True Blue

Quote:
When i was watching Pock with the Rangers he was noticeable worse on defense then anyone IMO. I can still remember 2 plays where it was directly his fault which cost us goals (1 being late in the 3rd period to put us down). Watching him in the AHL as well he is not much better and still has many defensive lapses on the ice.

I've heard the Marchant comparisons a few times from this board and frankly he does have some characteristics as him...but hes a very poor man Marchant at best. Dwight doesn't hit nearly as much either, Dawes hit more when I watched them play.

There was also reason why Dwight was bumped to the 3rd and 4th line in the playoffs as well, he couldn't elevate his game and having by FAR the worst +/- in league during the playoffs doesn't show me he is that great defensively, average yes but nothing more. Both Moore and Betts are better in that role for 3rd and 4th line players.
I guess it is just different strokes for different folks. I pretty much disagree with every single one of your points. Helminen is head and shoulders better than Moore and Betts. Pock is only as poor defensively as any other Ranger defenseman who stepped on the ice this past year. But that is a debate for a different thread. No need to clog these up with such.

Old
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Edge

Quote:
I guess it is just different strokes for different folks. I pretty much disagree with every single one of your points. Helminen is head and shoulders better than Moore and Betts. Pock is only as poor defensively as any other Ranger defenseman who stepped on the ice this past year. But that is a debate for a different thread. No need to clog these up with such.
If Helminen doesn't translate scoring to the NHL he's at least as good offensivly as Moore and defensivly as Betts. I don't see where some of the concern comes with "translating" a game. Any scoring he provides is a bonus, he was not acquired for his offensive contributions.

As for Pock, I gotta agree Fly on that one.

I honestly do not see it. I think in limited runs he can blend in, but over the long haul I just think his defense will get exposed even more than it has been at the AHL level.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Nich

welly cally, add oliver

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote