HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

This team is a bore!

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 06:55 AM
David3750

vCash: 500
This team is a bore!

Insomniacs of the world: Unite! You have a solution to your sleeping woes right here in Buffalo, NY. It's called the Buffalo Sabres. Watching this team over the past two evenings clearly violates the Eighth Amendment. Yes, I know where the off button is but having been a fan of the team since the old Buffalo Bison days, it's difficult (though getting easier by the day) to do. Passion, heart, enthusiasm, desire, will to win, TALENT, seem to be in mighty short supply. Yes, Drury and several others would appear to be the exception but overall this team hasn't changed much from last year. If watching Peters attempting to impersonate Mike Tyson while on skates is all we can expect this year, I think I'll wait for Vanek and Roy to arrive to get interested again.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:37 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3750
Insomniacs of the world: Unite! You have a solution to your sleeping woes right here in Buffalo, NY. It's called the Buffalo Sabres. Watching this team over the past two evenings clearly violates the Eighth Amendment. Yes, I know where the off button is but having been a fan of the team since the old Buffalo Bison days, it's difficult (though getting easier by the day) to do. Passion, heart, enthusiasm, desire, will to win, TALENT, seem to be in mighty short supply. Yes, Drury and several others would appear to be the exception but overall this team hasn't changed much from last year. If watching Peters attempting to impersonate Mike Tyson while on skates is all we can expect this year, I think I'll wait for Vanek and Roy to arrive to get interested again.
If you don't like it then go watch something else.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
If you don't like it then go watch something else.
Tim Rigas, is that you?

Seriously, what he expressed is the same thing that many have said in this very space over the last several seasons. They have a long way to go to rebuild the fanbase, and many areas to work on--marketing, team performance, entertainment value for one's dollar, accessibility, etc... before they're done.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
McCabe24

I go across the border to Buffalo to watch the games only when the Leafs are in town, because the ACC is too expensive..

Old
11-12-2003, 05:51 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3750
Watching this team over the past two evenings clearly violates the Eighth Amendment.
Yes that fine on Z was excessive.

Closed Thread