HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you take this?

Old
07-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Diesel

vCash: 500
Would you take this?

Flyers fan here. Clarke seems to be having a little trouble signing Gagne. I still think a deal will eventually get done, but its fun to throw this sort of thing out there. how about Gagne for Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, and a 2nd rounder next year?

Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
i wouldn't mind. i think....

someone on Habs board made a similar proposition but included Carter for philly and Price and Souray for us

Galchenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Flyers fan here. Clarke seems to be having a little trouble signing Gagne. I still think a deal will eventually get done, but its fun to throw this sort of thing out there. how about Gagne for Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, and a 2nd rounder next year?

interesting...how about a first rounder instead of kost or perez?

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:05 PM
montreal25m

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
interesting...how about a first rounder instead of kost or perez?
One condition I would want to put there...as long as we can talk to him and his agent and sign him long-term...no way would i do that trade for one year and see him become a UFA.

montreal25m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m View Post
One condition I would want to put there...as long as we can talk to him and his agent and sign him long-term...no way would i do that trade for one year and see him become a UFA.
true true, a sign and trade would be better to secure ourselves. i didn't know that he'd become an ufa next season.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

No thank you, well tried... Kostitsyn and Perezhogin are cheap for the years to come and both have great offensive upside... I wouldnt trade Kostitsyn for Gagné straight up, too risky.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Gagne for Kost and Perez and a 2nd rounder? Where do we sign?

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
How about Zednik + Ryder + 1rst rounder?

Old
07-04-2006, 10:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Gagne for Kost and Perez and a 2nd rounder? Where do I sign?

corrected

Old
07-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Diesel

Carter is going nowhere. Honestly, I don't really want to see the Flyers trade Gagne either. But I figured I'd throw this out there to see what we could get in the unlikely scenerio that Gagne holds out and negotiations fall apart. I don't think I'd take a 1st in place of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn. The Habs are a pretty good team nowadays and that 1st is likely to be in the bottom half of the 1st round. But I think Perezhogin and Kostitsyn and a 2nd for Gagne would be a fair return in the long run. It would really hurt the flyers in the short term, however, as neither of those players seems to be NHL ready at this point.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:13 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
No thank you, well tried... Kostitsyn and Perezhogin are cheap for the years to come and both have great offensive upside... I wouldnt trade Kostitsyn for Gagné straight up, too risky.
not straight up? O_o
you sure? yes, kost has great upside (stickhandling, skating, shot) but he's still very green and an unknown commodity right now...while gagne on the other hand is proven. if we can lock up gagne, make the deal now.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Diesel

Quote:
How about Zednik + Ryder + 1rst rounder?
no thanks. But I would take Ryder and Kostitsyn and you can make that 2nd rounder a 3rd. Actually, I like this deal better than the original one that i proposed.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
where i sign ?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Darz

Quote:

I would imagine Gainey would jump all over that. I don't think it would be a bad trade for the Fylers either.

07-04-2006, 10:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
not straight up? O_o
you sure? yes, kost has great upside (stickhandling, skating, shot) but he's still very green and an unknown commodity right now...while gagne on the other hand is proven. if we can lock up gagne, make the deal now.
I like Gagné alot, but Kostitsyn is our most skilled prospect since the last 20 last years or so... Most of us know very little about him, he has amazing offensive skills and could turn to be one of the best wingers in the game... Add the fact the guy is cheap for the next couple of years and you have a better idea why I wouldnt do the deal one for one.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:18 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Carter is going nowhere. Honestly, I don't really want to see the Flyers trade Gagne either. But I figured I'd throw this out there to see what we could get in the unlikely scenerio that Gagne holds out and negotiations fall apart. I don't think I'd take a 1st in place of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn. The Habs are a pretty good team nowadays and that 1st is likely to be in the bottom half of the 1st round. But I think Perezhogin and Kostitsyn and a 2nd for Gagne would be a fair return in the long run. It would really hurt the flyers in the short term, however, as neither of those players seems to be NHL ready at this point.
i don't think anyone asked for carter in this trade.
but anyways, perezhogin played on the first line at the beginning of last season then got his playing time reduced considerably as the season went on. with the coaching change in january we started to see more of perezhogin and saw a whole lot of talent and skill in the playoffs. he's going to be a good if not great player somewhere down the line. kostitsyn will have a great shot at making the habs roster this season, so these two aren't exactly long term projects...they can help most teams right away. there is absolutely no way that the habs make this trade if gagne isn't gauranteed to stay here for more than atleast one season.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:19 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
I would give Chipchura instead of Kost... chipchura is also rated really high by the habs management.

sorry being Kost fan. ... i just like his potentiel.

F. Duchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Diesel

Quote:
I like Gagné alot, but Kostitsyn is our most skilled prospect since the last 20 last years or so... Most of us know very little about him, he has amazing offensive skills and could turn to be one of the best wingers in the game... Add the fact the guy is cheap for the next couple of years and you have a better idea why I wouldnt do the deal one for one.
Neither would the Flyers. Gagne is only 26 and is a proven star in the NHL. It'll never happen, but if you wouldn't trade Kostitsyn straight up for Gagne you're off your rocker.

PS: this is assuming that Gagne could be locked up to a long term contract.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I would imagine Gainey would jump all over that. .
I highly doubt.

Old
wholeshow*

Quote:
oh theres no question about kostitsyns sheer talent, but if gagne can help us right now while being locked up for several years...we should make the trade.
kost might take a while to reach gagne's status, while gagne is already amongst the elite in the nhl.

sign and trade is what makes the most sense for both teams, imo.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Pat

Quote:
done deal, if the 2 Bobs agreed

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Ryder, Perezhogin and a 2nd.

I don't want to give up Kosty he's my favourite prospect

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Neither would the Flyers. Gagne is only 26 and is a proven star in the NHL. It'll never happen, but if you wouldn't trade Kostitsyn straight up for Gagne you're off your rocker.

PS: this is assuming that Gagne could be locked up to a long term contract.
We locked Kovalev up at 4.5 millions a years for 4 years without giving up a key prospect... If Gagné was 3 years younger I would considere seriously but he is in the driver seat to ask big money right now and with the salary cap thats an important factor to considere.

Old
07-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Habsy

No, I wouldn't do it. Alot of Gagne's success last year came off Forsberg, when Forsberg got injured, Gagne disappeared.

Perezhogin and a 2nd. No way I give up Kostitsyn.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Riffo*

Gagne is nothing without a good center, and Montreal doesn't have any no 1 center.

Riffo* is offline   Reply With Quote