HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why all the ribeiro bashing?

Old
07-06-2006, 05:59 AM
koh19

vCash: 500
Why all the ribeiro bashing?

I was just wondering why everybody proposes a trade with ribeiro in it...? I also want to know why on other team forums, when they hear ribeiro, they say: not him again, we don't that kind of guy,etc..... Is there any event that made him unpopular or is there something he did. It seems that I'm missing something here.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:01 AM
A1
Everything is awful

Well there's the whole 2004 playoffs lying on the ice like he'd be shot until the ref called a penalty and then getting up and taunting the bruins bench afterwards incident...

...oh yeah and he sucks.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:08 AM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahqa View Post
Well there's the whole 2004 playoffs lying on the ice like he'd be shot until the ref called a penalty and then getting up and taunting the bruins bench afterwards incident...

...oh yeah and he sucks.
he's been good in the 2004 playoffs with dagenais and ryder, you can't blame him for faking an injury to get the other team a penalty... how many guys are doing this now???

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:10 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

hmmm let me think... he's soft, doesn't skate well enough....

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:14 AM
eddy

Besides the stunts he pulled in the '04 playoffs I really don't mind him. He's quite young and full of talent, if somone could just get him going he'd be an excellent 2nd line center for years to come. I think one of the coaches just really has to step up and light a fire under his *** and get him working hard, but it won't be easy. I thought his last playoffs wasn't that bad he created plenty of scoring chances but a combination of a very hot goalie and a bit of bad luck prevented him from putting up more points. I'd like to keep him around for atleast one more year to give him another shot. He's the type of guy I could see us giving away for nothing and with his skill and the new NHL he'll come back to haunt us, but just a hunch.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:14 AM
tinyzombies

Well, he's still a relatively young player, so the problem is not with him imo. It's that we can't get him complementary players with size. He's the scapegoat for us getting pushed around and not winning, when in fact he's the first guy who will go into the corner and take a hit to protect the puck. When have you ever seen him not go in a corner? He's a very brave player imo and he's worked hard to add strength, it's obvious (insert jokes here). Also, he doesn't have a shot, so his game is a bit limited. He really needs to play with a finisher and someone to go in the corners. He shouldn't have to do all that boardwork.

And he's a cocky player, which bothers some people (the opposition more than anyone though). But when he doesn't deliver, the attitude doesn't help him. I like him myself, but we do need more size up the middle (everywhere really). If we had a line like Shanahan-Ribeiro-Kovalev, that would work well imo, even though Shanny's physical game isn't what it was.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:15 AM
FinnHab

Quote:

...oh yeah and he sucks.
Yes, that was truly a shameful moment to all HabsFanatics. And another reason is that guy sometimes plays good(my opinion..), but sometimes he look that playing hockey not intresting him at all. He is not a solid performer, difference those good and bad games are too big.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:33 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:

...oh yeah and he sucks.

That was an embarrassment for the team. Some people have moved on and others have not. Many people, myself included, have kept a closer eye on him since that incident. I watched to see if he would show the class and sportsmanship that is synonymous with the Montreal Canadiens. After a mistake like the one Ribs made, humility and hard work are required to win back some of the traditional old school CH hockey fans.
I don't know Mikey but I'm sure he's a good guy. We just may need more speed, hard work and two way play out of the #2 center spot than Ribs can provide.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Evil Ted

I think we need a center who is not undersized being our 2nd line center, we already have koivu.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Habs13

Ribeiro can't keep his big fat mouth shut and is always saying things he shouldn't about his team mates and coaching staff.

And, being Portuguise, can't stop diving.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:49 AM
rocketlives

Ribeiro was the Habs' 1st total-point-getter in 2003-04. Last season he was 4th after Kovalev, Koivu and Ryder. However, he's soft, lacks footspeed and constantly loses one-on-one battles along the boards. He simply lacks basic strenght to be able to hold his own in the NHL. The tragedy is that the Habs can't find a better second line center. In my book, the one who really sucks is Bob Gainey.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:57 AM
habslife

The real question is : Why another thread about Ribeiro bashing?

Could someone find the last 56789 threads about this issue... I think it goes back to when he got drafted in 1998.

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

wait, people here don't like Ribeiro?!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:13 AM
goalchenyuk

Ribeiro is a good player that can put a lot of points ( 65 pts 2 years ago , playing with Ryder at his first season , and Dagenais )

The Day a coach is going to find the linemate suited for him , watch him !!!

On the bad side - for a lot of habs fans - he 's not a low profil guy ; he says what he thinks , not the classics ''the team plays together , i am going to work harder '' stuffs . He 's not the kind of man with the clean cut , and the Polo shirt ; looks a bit punk .It's enough for a lot of people to hated him ( ! ).

But the reason why there is much hate for him is probably because a french medias ( 110 % ) ; they went as far as said that he was better than their hero Saku Koivu , and were always talking about how he was good ,( because he's a local player from Montreal)

That was too much for most of the Fans of the streight and clean cut Mr Koivu . because they are really in love with him ;

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
boomboom

Ribeiro gets points
He s cheap
He never gets hurt (yet people say hes too small)
He gets under the skin of other players (we like)
He does not dive (still did not get exemple of it)
l--------> playoffs not being one, he scored 2 goals the game after wich one was the winning goal.

Had a semi bad year, but so did Zednick, Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Sourray... yet we only hate Ribeiro

boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:24 AM
boomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Ribeiro can't keep his big fat mouth shut and is always saying things he shouldn't about his team mates and coaching staff.

And please stop saying Port. players dive, English players only complain because they keep loosing to them. Roony keeps getting suspended over and over again for a reason, because he plays cheap.

Old
07-06-2006, 07:32 AM
tinyzombies

Just guessing at the kind of system Gainey/Carbo are building, I don't think Ribs fits in. It's likely going to be a puck pursuit system, so we need a guy with size in the middle down low. We're going to be more defensive, I'm guessing.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
GoHabsGO252006

He is a panzy, he can't compete physically. He is slow and shows no intensity. All of the talent he has is hidden in his lack of competitiveness. He's out to late at the clubs snorting blow to be consistent. He has no defensive abilitties and often hangs his D out to dry because he'll try a risky play in the offensive zone and not get back. When he does get back he is like a fly on a horse trying to cover someone, they can easily swat his 160lbs aside and do whatever they wish. I haven't even started on his big mouth, that always says dumb ****, his stunt in the 04 playoffs, by the way sure people dive and fake **** to get penalties but most aren't proud of it and taunt the other team.

I think that sums up my feeelings about Ribs, get rid of him and the team will be better, it's addition by subtraction.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:46 AM
boredmale

if the world cup of soccer proved anything Portuguese people are annoying and Riberio is Portuguese.

Viva La France.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Ghostki

I agree...people are tired of the classic answers, yet hate ribs for being the opposite and they always complain about the lack of local players except they keep questioning the presence of Ribs and Bouillon's resigning...they will never be happy either way!

Ghostki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:09 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post

Dont go there plz.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
if the world cup of soccer proved anything Portuguese people are annoying and Riberio is Portuguese.

Viva La France.
It's Vive La France, moron.

Oh, and shut up and leave. Thanks.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
boomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post

Viva La France.

Not that im a soccer fan, but France got totaly dominated by Portugal, not even close. was 19 shots (11 or 12 on the goal) to 5 for France. Plus, people are saying the penalty shot was not suppose to be.
Now you on the other hand seem to be anoying, but I guess you re not portuguese, are u?

Old
07-06-2006, 08:16 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
Not that im a soccer fan, but France got totaly dominated by Portugal, not even close. was 19 shots (11 or 12 on the goal). Plus, people are saying the penalty shot was not suppose to be.
Now you on the other hand seem to be anoying, but I guess you re not portuguese, are u?
Put it this way i never thought there was any fan more annoying then Italian soccer fan, then i met Portuguese soccer fan this year. If Portugual won(and thankfully they didn't) i would have done something i never thought i would in my life and cheer for Italy to win a soccer tournament.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:18 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Dont go there plz.
I'm Portuguese and I think that's hilarious!

Please, it's very clear to everyone that we are divers, in hockey and soccer.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote