HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribiero vs Marc Savard

Old
07-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOKIE CHARGERS View Post
1= Ribeiro
2=Savard... There is a dead give away, do you see it?
the give away was the size comment on ribeiro.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
BruinsWinStCup*

Ribeiro X 3 = Savard

BruinsWinStCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reej View Post
Was it Ribiero and his diving that cost the Bruins the series? Nah. I seem to remember him crashing into his own linemate to cost the Habs a game.

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, I come in peace, I just wanted to say that.
That was Souray crashing into Kovalev not Ribeiro

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:41 PM
jimnevets

so funny I was coming to the Habs board when I noticed out of the corner of my eye the thread on Bostons board saying 'what to see something funny' and i knew it was this thread.
funny that the Bruins fans can't see it is not the player, it is the contract

jimnevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Complaining Customer

When I say "typical", I mean TYPICAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
We actually don't need to change anything, are great rookies are maturing and have an year behind them, while you guys are the Blackhawks of last year (signing great players in the off-season and talk trash) now prove it on the ice.

Quote:
but it would be nice to get a good FA some day...I'm still hoping Peca and/or Shanny come here.

Quote:
every free agent we could have had are gone, now we'll settle for 3rd liners again.

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if Gainey has a plan...

Sorry for that.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnevets View Post
so funny I was coming to the Habs board when I noticed out of the corner of my eye the thread on Bostons board saying 'what to see something funny' and i knew it was this thread.
Bruins are still pissed after what he did in 2004, I mean get over it already...he's not the reason you guys lost and it wasn't that play...GET OVER IT already!

Old
07-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnevets View Post
Well you read the thread and you'd think that Savard was a leper who couldn't afford skates. He is tagged as worse than Ribeiro, which is usually the target to get the boot. You couldn't blame Bruins fans for thinking this thread is indeed a little funny.

As for the contract, yeah it's a lot. But there's a thing called free agency in this league, it's like nobody here ever heard about that.

Old
07-06-2006, 07:48 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Bruins are still pissed after what he did in 2004, I mean get over it already...he's not the reason you guys lost and it wasn't that play...GET OVER IT already!

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:09 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsWinStCup View Post
Ribeiro X 3 = Savard
lets see how great he plays with glenn murray. savard couldn't even get 70 points playing with iginla and pretty much leeched off one of the best pp's in the game to come to last years totals.

the guy is a headcase and overrated, i'm happy that you guys gave him a huge lengthy contract (makes the habs job of moving further up the standings much easier). you'll probably pull your hair out wanting to buyout his contract within the 2nd season.
haha

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Well you read the thread and you'd think that Savard was a leper who couldn't afford skates. He is tagged as worse than Ribeiro, which is usually the target to get the boot. You couldn't blame Bruins fans for thinking this thread is indeed a little funny.

As for the contract, yeah it's a lot. But there's a thing called free agency in this league, it's like nobody here ever heard about that.

Do u feel intelligent? I mean seriously go back to your board.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Bruins77forLife

I agree that Savard(and Chara for that matter) is over paid. But every top UFA got overpaid. 4 million for Savard is good but not 5. Bottom line, barring the contracts, both of the players make the Bruins a better team.

Please don't even try to compare Mike Ribeiro to Marc Savard. I'm not trying to say that Savard is a top 10 player, but if he stays healthy, he'll be a 70-75 point player for the Bruins. Ribeiro is just a looser. He's a faker, a flaker and has absolutely no heart or willingness to get his nose dirty to win. I absolutely despise him. After the stunt he pulled vs the Bruins in the 2004 playoffs, I hope we face you guys again cause this time when he'll try to go around Chara, Zdeno will boddy check him to the 5th row.

Bruins77forLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post

yah, lets blame free agency and desperation for not being able to be fiscally responsible.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins77forLife View Post
I agree that Savard(and Chara for that matter) is over paid. But every top UFA got overpaid. 4 million for Savard is good but not 5. Bottom line, barring the contracts, both of the players make the Bruins a better team.

Please don't even try to compare Mike Ribeiro to Marc Savard. I'm not trying to say that Savard is a top 10 player, but if he stays healthy, he'll be a 70-75 point player for the Bruins. Ribeiro is just a looser. He's a faker, a flaker and has absolutely no heart or willingness to get his nose dirty to win. I absolutely despise him. After the stunt he pulled vs the Bruins in the 2004 playoffs, I hope we face you guys again cause this time when he'll try to go around Chara, Zdeno will boddy check him to the 5th row.
a faker that;s gotten further in the playoffs than marc savard...
oh snap.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

Every single day you guys (Bruins fans) talk about Ribeiro and what happened in 2004, I mean do you guys ever stop? Like I said in a previous post...GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Old
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
nedbraden10

first of all ribeiro is a punk a** weasle that if another player touched him with his pinky he would make it look like he just got shot from a shotgun savard had 97 points last year and by far is much better then that punkhey face it the bruins have had a better offseason so far the n your habs and when chara is beating his brains in i'll be so happy.

nedbraden10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Quiet Robert

Both are players I would rather not have on my team. Whiny brats who only try when they feel like it. Talented kids for sure, but both bring baggage. Savard was a cancer in Calgary and I don't know if he's matured much. Ribs is well...I'm just tired of having him as our 2nd line center.

Both are good 2nd line centers that would be excellent if they got their act together. But as it stands, I'd stay away from both.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The funny thing is Savard put up comparable numbers to Ribeiro every single season before last one.

They are very comparable players. Same strengths, same weaknesses. Savard may very well be better but I'm anxious to see if he can replicate last season playing in Boston.

Anyone else notice that the Bruins have extremely small centres? Both are like 5'10" 170 lbs.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbraden10 View Post
first of all ribeiro is a punk a** weasle that if another player touched him with his pinky he would make it look like he just got shot from a shotgun savard had 97 points last year and by far is much better then that punkhey face it the bruins have had a better offseason so far the n your habs and when chara is beating his brains in i'll be so happy.

LOLOLOLOLOL ROLFCOPTER When Savard is biting Chara's hand I will laugh so hard. HAHAHA

Go home. You have brought nothing to the discussion and have obviously never seen either of these players play.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:23 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbraden10 View Post
Put Youppi in the middle of Kovalchuk and Hossa and he could get 97 points...better offseason I agree but Pittsburgh and Chicago had better offseasons last year and look what happened to them.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Garo

Quote:
I hope we face you guys again cause this time when he'll try to go around Chara, Zdeno will boddy check him to the 5th row.
Meh, when we played Ottawa this season, Ribeiro often tried to hit Chara...

Ok, the results were not that great, but still.

I'd rather have Savard than Ribeiro though, even if I'm not a fan of both.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Remember when Ribeiro dropped the gloves (or at least got pretty physical) with a Bruin? He was holding his own in that quite well.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Do u feel intelligent? I mean seriously go back to your board.
Hmmmm, and where is my board exactly? And yes, compared to a lot of you, I feel terribly intelligent, sorry to say.

(oh and you missed my post about your contradictions?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
yah, lets blame free agency and desperation for not being able to be fiscally responsible.
I don't think you followed too well what's happening around the league. You want a UFA? You'll have to pay for it. We have Bouillon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
a faker that;s gotten further in the playoffs than marc savard...
oh snap.
He got further than Kovalchuk too. You've got one hell of an argument.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Bruins77forLife

If it was the Habs who would have signed Savard it would have been apraised by 95% of you guys(Habs fans). You guys would have said stuff like "finnaly a #1 centre", "a great addition by Gainey", "savard makes our top 3 lines so much better" and on and on and on. But because the Bruins signed him, it's a bad signing. Yes, he's overpaid but he's a much better player than Ribeiro. C'mon face it. Savard got 401 points in 503 games. That's nearly 0.80 points per game. He got 97 points last year. I'm not saying he's a 95-100 point player. But he's gonna be a 70-80 point player for the Bruins. Ribeiro had 153 points in 276 games. That's 0.55 points per game. Even if you forget about the stats, there's more to it. They might be of similar height but savard is 18 pounds heavier(195 to 177) and uses his body much better than Ribeiro offensively and defensively. Plus, savard doesn't give you all the headaches than Ribeiro does and is not a primadonna.

Bruins77forLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
If it was the Habs who would have signed Savard it would have been apraised by 95% of you guys(Habs fans). You guys would have said stuff like "finnaly a #1 centre", "a great addition by Gainey", "savard makes our top 3 lines so much better" and on and on and on. But because the Bruins signed him, it's a bad signing. Yes, he's overpaid but he's a much better player than Ribeiro. C'mon face it. Savard got 401 points in 503 games. That's nearly 0.80 points per game. He got 97 points last year. I'm not saying he's a 95-100 point player. But he's gonna be a 70-80 point player for the Bruins. Ribeiro had 153 points in 276 games. That's 0.55 points per game. Even if you forget about the stats, there's more to it. They might be of similar height but savard is 18 pounds heavier(195 to 177) and uses his body much better than Ribeiro offensively and defensively. Plus, savard doesn't give you all the headaches than Ribeiro does and is not a primadonna.

Same can be said about you guys, if we would have gotten him, you would have said he sucks and overpayed.

Old
07-06-2006, 08:46 PM
AH

to be honest no one here really wanted Savard/

AH is offline   Reply With Quote