Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

OT, But, One Inch Hail??

Old
07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Kitsune

vCash: 500
OT, But, One Inch Hail??

Is this a case of EC over hyping a storm or did the insurance companies forget to seed the storms??

Severe thunderstorm warning for
City of Calgary continued

24 mm hail size have been reported with the severe thunderstorms moving through Calgary. Radars indicate these storms moving slowly eastward at 15 km/h.

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
i hear the roads are washed out as close as 1km away from here, It just missed us thankfully.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:53 PM
CBanana

My dad got into an accident because of the hail. It was really bad. One inch is probably not an exaggeration.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:54 PM
natural420*

i got off work today and got absolutley drenched walking 40 feet to my car. the roads werent flooded yet, but pretty close. hail wasnt bad. little rabbit terds mixed in with the rain but i havent seen it rain that hard in years, maybe never. pretty trippy too considering i watched "the day after tommorow" movie last night before i went to bed.

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Wags

I was on the deerfoot when the hail hit...I seriously thought the sunroof and windows were goners...I'd say half inch is a little closer to reality...although the odd piece could have been an inch...the hail was big enough that it was plugging the drainage systems, and we were very close to some heavy flooding problems.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 07:17 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I was on the deerfoot when the hail hit...I seriously thought the sunroof and windows were goners...I'd say half inch is a little closer to reality...although the odd piece could have been an inch...the hail was big enough that it was plugging the drainage systems, and we were very close to some heavy flooding problems.
damn. thats big hail. wasnt that big at southcentre. glad i didnt have to walk even across the parking lot in that.

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote