HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder may avoid arbitration?

Old
07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Ryder may avoid arbitration?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

I think what I got from that is that we will probably avoid going to arbitration with Ryder. Gainey offered $2 mil and Ryder wants $2.5 mil. Both agree that a one year deal is best because both sides want to see what Ryder can do without his injury.

I hate when players sign a one year deal because they want to get better money the year after...I saw a Ribs interview where he said Gainey offered him a 2 year contract and he asked for a 1 year deal because he wants to negotiated something better next year.

At least both guys will be in contract years. Should mean good numbers from both.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:44 AM
HabsUnited

[QUOTE=waffledave;5952684]http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

I think what I got from that is that we will probably avoid going to arbitration with Ryder. Gainey offered $2 mil and Ryder wants $2.5 mil. Both agree that a one year deal is best because both sides want to see what Ryder can do without his injury.

I hate when players sign a one year deal because they want to get better money the year after...I saw a Ribs interview where he said Gainey offered him a 2 year contract and he asked for a 1 year deal because he wants to negotiated something better next year.

At least both guys will be in contract years. Should mean good numbers from both.[/QUOTE]

Ribs was on a contract year this past season

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:52 AM
x-bob

[QUOTE=HabsUnited;5952738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

At least both guys will be in contract years. Should mean good numbers from both.[/QUOTE]

Ribs was on a contract year this past season
But he had to adapt to the new NHL (like many other players) We will see what he is really made of this next season.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote