HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Ryder opts for salary arbitration

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2006, 07:50 PM
  #1
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Michael Ryder opts for salary arbitration

http://www.nhlpa.com/MediaReleases/R...-47FD155CD49F}

" 69 PLAYERS ELECT SALARY ARBITRATION

Toronto (NHLPA) – The following players have elected salary arbitration:


Anaheim Ducks
Chris Kunitz
Vitaly Vishnevski


Atlanta Thrashers
Niko Kapanen


Boston Bruins
David Tanabe


Buffalo Sabres
Maxim Afinogenov
Daniel Briere
Brian Campbell
Tim Connolly
Jean-Pierre Dumont
Paul Gaustad
Ales Kotalik
Toni Lydman
Adam Mair
Andrew Peters
Jason Pominville
Henrik Tallinder


Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Bell
Kyle Calder
Mikael Holmqvist
Jim Vandermeer
Radim Vrbata


Colorado Avalanche
Brett McLean
John-Michael Liles


Columbus Blue Jackets
Jason Chimera


Detroit Red Wings
Daniel Cleary
Jason Williams


Edmonton Oilers
Ales Hemsky
Shawn Horcoff
Jarret Stoll


Florida Panthers
Bryan Allen (has re-signed, avoiding arbitration)
Craig Anderson
Jay Bouwmeester
Richard Jackman
Juraj Kolnik
Steve Montador
Mike Van Ryn
Stephen Weiss


Los Angeles Kings
Sean Avery
Eric Belanger
Michael Cammalleri


Montreal Canadiens
Michael Ryder


Nashville Predators
Martin Erat
Adam Hall
Scott Hartnell
David Legwand


New Jersey Devils
Scott Gomez


New York Islanders
Arron Asham
Mike York


New York Rangers
Dominic Moore


Ottawa Senators
Martin Havlat
Chris Kelly
Chris Neil
Peter Schaefer
Antoine Vermette


Philadelphia Flyers
R.J. Umberger


Phoenix Coyotes
Mike Comrie
Ladislav Nagy
Dennis Seidenberg


Pittsburgh Penguins
Ryan Malone
Brooks Orpik


San Jose Sharks
Mark Smith


Tampa Bay Lightning
Ruslan Fedotenko
Cory Sarich


Washington Capitals
Matt Bradley
Ben Clymer
Rico Fata
Shaone Morrisonn
Matt Pettinger
Brian Sutherby


The deadline for Club Elected salary arbitration notification is July 6, 2006 at 5 p.m. ET. Hearings will be held in Toronto from July 20 to August 4, 2006."


Well at least chances of him holding out again this year are diminished.


Last edited by Dan K: 07-05-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
  #2
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,823
vCash: 500
I'll just delete my thread since yours is nicer

It should be interesting to see what kind of salary he ends up with. He's been very productive in his first two seasons. I'm expecting something in the 2.5-3 million range. I would prefer to see Gainey sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal before hand but I doubt that will happen.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:55 PM
  #3
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
you can scratch Bryan Allen from that list

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
  #4
digitalmonkey*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'll just delete my thread since yours is nicer

It should be interesting to see what kind of salary he ends up with. He's been very productive in his first two seasons. I'm expecting something in the 2.5-3 million range. I would prefer to see Gainey sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal before hand but I doubt that will happen.
I think that's the high end...$2.3 million immediately popped into my head.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
  #5
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
you can scratch Bryan Allen from that list
Indeed. I saw that too, but just pasted the list from the NHLPA site.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:00 PM
  #6
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Jim Vandermeer he deserves more money

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:09 PM
  #7
psychonaut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Is Arbitration only one year contract?

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:10 PM
  #8
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Is Arbitration only one year contract?
Yes, but teams can sign players before their arbitration dates (for longer than one year).

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
  #9
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,890
vCash: 500
do you think Ryder taking the Habs to arbitration won't sit well with Habs upper management?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
  #10
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
all these player filing for arb arent happy with there current offers etc. id imagine there is going to be some unhappy players after the arb awards . this could spur some trades .


ryder hasnt been a easy guy to sign ever. maybe he doesnt wanna stick around much longer . i hope jim vandemeer comes away angry


come to montreal jim!!!!

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
  #11
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
do you think Ryder taking the Habs to arbitration won't sit well with Habs upper management?
I don't think they mind. They might even prefer it this way after how long it took to get a deal done last Summer.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:17 PM
  #12
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I remember it can only be done for 1 or 2 year contracts. Imagine if all those Buffalo players get 1 year contracts, having to sign them ALL again next summer

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
  #13
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
do you think Ryder taking the Habs to arbitration won't sit well with Habs upper management?
VERY GOOD QUESTION...

Is Bob upset? Or maybe Bob is thinking, ''good, at least that's one contract I don't have to negotiate!''

Will it incite other Hab players to do the same (in the next few years)...? I really hope not.

Gosh...it's starting again! Players are looking at other players and getting greedy.
7.5 mil per year for Chara (I like Chara but 7.5? + he wasn't effective in playoffs).
4 mil per year for Jay McKee? (I'm a huuuuge fan of Jay, but 4 mil? c'mon!).
McCabe's contract? Ridiculous! he's very good for the PP, that's it, that's all. He's no Redden, Pronger, or Jovanovski.

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
  #14
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
The deadline for players to file for arbitration was 5pm et on Wednesday. Teams have until 5pm et on Thursday to take their players to arbitration

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170594&hubname=nhl








so lets see what happens tommrow ....ryder has shown the habs his intentions lets see what the habs say now

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
  #15
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
The deadline for players to file for arbitration was 5pm et on Wednesday. Teams have until 5pm et on Thursday to take their players to arbitration

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170594&hubname=nhl


so lets see what happens tommrow ....ryder has shown the habs his intentions lets see what the habs say now
That isn't exactly it. Ryder said let's go to arbitration, so that is what will happen whether the Habs like it or not (barring them signing him first).

The Canadiens have until tomorrow to take any of their other arbitration-eligible RFAs to arbitration (this is a new thing in the new CBA I believe).

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:43 PM
  #16
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
considering ryder regressed from the previous season, we shouldn't be too worried from what he gets.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
  #17
digitalmonkey*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
VERY GOOD QUESTION...

Is Bob upset? Or maybe Bob is thinking, ''good, at least that's one contract I don't have to negotiate!''

Will it incite other Hab players to do the same (in the next few years)...? I really hope not.

Gosh...it's starting again! Players are looking at other players and getting greedy.
7.5 mil per year for Chara (I like Chara but 7.5? + he wasn't effective in playoffs).
4 mil per year for Jay McKee? (I'm a huuuuge fan of Jay, but 4 mil? c'mon!).
McCabe's contract? Ridiculous! he's very good for the PP, that's it, that's all. He's no Redden, Pronger, or Jovanovski.
He still has to come up with a number and from what I know about the new CBA, the arbitrator will either choose Bob's number or Ryder's number; no more middle ground.

I expect them to get a deal done before the hearing.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:45 PM
  #18
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
considering ryder regressed from the previous season, we shouldn't be too worried from what he gets.
The unfortunate thing is, arbitration looks at statistical performance a lot more than overall play. Statistically, Ryder did score 8 fewer points, but upped his goal total from 25 to 30.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
  #19
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
its not the player who decides to go for arbitration, its often the agent, so I dont think there will be any hard feelings between The organization and Ryder

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:08 PM
  #20
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,566
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Considering the amount of players asking for arbitration, i'd say it's going to become a common thing... No hard feeling, unless on some specials cases imo.

Might as well dismantled the team if Sabres head office is upset and considered this an offense...

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
  #21
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
That isn't exactly it. Ryder said let's go to arbitration, so that is what will happen whether the Habs like it or not (barring them signing him first).

The Canadiens have until tomorrow to take any of their other arbitration-eligible RFAs to arbitration (this is a new thing in the new CBA I believe).


ya i know that . habs got till 5 pm tommrow to get a deal done with ryder . if not it's off to the arb .

only thing i dont like about arbitration is that the canadiens have to make a case why ryder isnt worth what he is asking. feeelings can get hurt and i hope it doesnt happen here.


Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-05-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:13 PM
  #22
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
ya i know that . habs got till 5 pm tommrow to get a deal done with ryder .

if not it's off to the arb .
Are you sure? They aren't allowed to strike a deal with Ryder after tomorrow? That's not my understanding of the situation. Tomorrow is just the deadline for the Habs to take players of their choice to arbitration.

I'm pretty sure we can negotiate with Ryder any time up until his heraing, no?

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:14 PM
  #23
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Ryder is obviously going into arbitration to secure himself a longer deal with the Habs, he is deserving of a decent pay raise for two 25 - 30 goal seasons and is looking for fair market value. Its more of a ploy to get a 2-3 year deal IMO than anything, I'm sure he is willing to sign for a little less the first year as along as he has some security knowing he has a deal longer than another 1 year deal for the 3rd year in a row.

He deserves some cash and the Habs have to realize 30 goal scorers don't grow on tree's.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
  #24
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
The unfortunate thing is, arbitration looks at statistical performance a lot more than overall play. Statistically, Ryder did score 8 fewer points, but upped his goal total from 25 to 30.
what stats do it use? just scoring or all of them? he scored more goals but fewer pts last season. his +/- dropped from a +10 in 2005 to a -5 in 2006 without playing a significant difference in ice time(16:00 in 2005 and 16:10 in 2006)

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
  #25
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
Are you sure? They aren't allowed to strike a deal with Ryder after tomorrow? That's not my understanding of the situation. Tomorrow is just the deadline for the Habs to take players of their choice to arbitration.

I'm pretty sure we can negotiate with Ryder any time up until his heraing, no?
you might be right im not sure i know it starts on the 20 th tho . i also read the arb can award a 2 year deal so that might work out best for all parties if they do indeeed end up infront of a arb i just hope they can get a deal(longterm) in place before the arb hearing ,one thing tho for ryder to file he must feel he is getting low balled. thet must be quite aways apart . wouldnt suprise me he askin 3 million per


# July 5: Deadline for players to file for arbitration
# July 6: Deadline for teams to file for arbitration
# July 15: Qualifying offers expire at 5pm et
# July 20: Salary Arbitration Begins
# August 6: Deadline for arbitration decisions


Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-05-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.