HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov ....The 'other" one!

Old
07-08-2006, 09:33 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Markov ....The 'other" one!

Bob... PLEASE sign Danny Markov!!!

He is better than Boullion or Streit, he's also a warrior in the playoffs!

Thiis is a chance to upgrade our D without losing a player from our roster!

Come on Bob..do it!

Shanny on a two year would be fine for $4 per year, but if not we have a ton of prospects who could be ready to step into the position.

The same can't be said for defense!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:37 AM
SOLR

I dont want the mafia in MTL .

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:38 AM
DicAnns

Could also help us hold on to Andrei next year...

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Esker11

I agree that Markov would be a nice addition to our defense but unfortunatly if ever BG sign Markov that would mean the end of the road in MTL for Souray as a trade would be in the work to send him in the far west (conference)...for now I think we are pretty much set on defense.

Esker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I dont want the mafia in MTL .
yeah, we just traded a Hells Angel, too!

(horrible joke, I know)

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 10:31 AM
bayrider

I like Danny Markov. His game is similar to Andrei. He's responsible in his own zone, can make the outlet pass, carry a PP, and work the point real well. The only downside is that he is injury prone.

I think Danny is a great improvement over Souray, especially on the defensive side. Though he doesn't possess Souray's shot, he is still effective on the point and thePP.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
I like Danny Markov. His game is similar to Andrei. He's responsible in his own zone, can make the outlet pass, carry a PP, and work the point real well. The only downside is that he is injury prone.

I think Danny is a great improvement over Souray, especially on the defensive side. Though he doesn't possess Souray's shot, he is still effective on the point and thePP.
A great improvement over Souray? I'm pretty sure you're confusing Markov wiht a different player. The guy never scored more then 6 goals....or got more then 26 points.

Markov 0 goals 11 assist, 62 pims, 59 shots this year.
52:03 mintues on the powerplay this year. He is the 6th D on that team when it comes to time on ice on the powerplay. The top 2 guys have 400+ minutes.

Souray 12 goals, 27 assists, 116 pim, 202 shots this year.
Rivet, Souray, Markov all played 300+ minutes on the powerplay...Bouillon 150 and Dandenault 98
How in the world is that a great improvement? How does a guy carry the PP when he gets so little ice time. He also has played for 5 different teams since 2000-2001... why? And plz do not compare his game to Andrei's

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:25 AM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
A great improvement over Souray? I'm pretty sure you're confusing Markov wiht a different player. The guy never scored more then 6 goals....or got more then 26 points.

Markov 0 goals 11 assist, 62 pims, 59 shots this year.
52:03 mintues on the powerplay this year. He is the 6th D on that team when it comes to time on ice on the powerplay. The top 2 guys have 400+ minutes.

Souray 12 goals, 27 assists, 116 pim, 202 shots this year.
Rivet, Souray, Markov all played 300+ minutes on the powerplay...Bouillon 150 and Dandenault 98
How in the world is that a great improvement? How does a guy carry the PP when he gets so little ice time. He also has played for 5 different teams since 2000-2001... why? And plz do not compare his game to Andrei's
An improvement over Souray's defensive game I mean. About 75% of the time, Souray is no better than a pylon in the habs zone. Both Markov's have a similar style... doesn't mean he is better than Andrei. I also said he has a downside, in that he is injured a lot, hence the lack of minutes, shots etc. Souray played almost 20 more games. When healthy Markov's defensive upside is far greater than Souray's. And Markov can better quarterback the PP than Souray. Souray can't make a pass for ****, and for some reason he thinks he can stickhandle through 5 opponents from coast to coast.

Unfortunately, Danny Markov has never played a full season in his career, it's too bad because if he could stay healthy, I'd much rather have him than Souray on the team.

Here's TSN's analysis on Danny:
Quote:
Is an above-average skater from the back end, able to quickly carry the puck out of harm's way or connect with tape-to-tape precision. Works hard and loves to dish out punishment. Has the ability to play on the power play.
Not too far off from Andrei's game is it? Like I said, minus the injuries, he'd be a better fit than Souray.

Last edited by bayrider: 07-08-2006 at 11:35 AM.
bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:49 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
An improvement over Souray's defensive game I mean. About 75% of the time, Souray is no better than a pylon in the habs zone. Both Markov's have a similar style... doesn't mean he is better than Andrei. I also said he has a downside, in that he is injured a lot, hence the lack of minutes, shots etc. Souray played almost 20 more games. When healthy Markov's defensive upside is far greater than Souray's. And Markov can better quarterback the PP than Souray. Souray can't make a pass for ****, and for some reason he thinks he can stickhandle through 5 opponents from coast to coast.

Unfortunately, Danny Markov has never played a full season in his career, it's too bad because if he could stay healthy, I'd much rather have him than Souray on the team.

Here's TSN's analysis on Danny:

Not too far off from Andrei's game is it? Like I said, minus the injuries, he'd be a better fit than Souray.

Even with less games he played less then 1 minute on the powerplay per game. How can he better quarter back our powerplay? it was 5th in the league with sourray. And sourray is not a pylon 75% of the time. Yes he's been on a few highlitght real goals especialy durring that period where it appeared his head wasnt all on the game. But he improved alot as the year went along. Also Souray is the meanest and best fighter on the team. Something I doubt Markov can replace.
Souray is top 4 D, Markov is pretty much bottom 4 right now. If you are trying to say that you would do a trade straight up one for one.....I think you arent getting what you should from souray.

Last edited by znk: 07-08-2006 at 12:07 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Duster

He's not an improvement on Souray but he most certainly is an improvement on the Cube.

For a million or so more, Gainey could have signed Mitchell, Salei or even Markov. All are defensemen who can clear the front of the net, win the battle for the puck in the corners, and take on the Bertuzzis of this world along the boards.....

back to my cave...grrr

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Danny Markov is very injury prone. And he gets injured with the slightest tap as it seems.

I remember a few eyars back when he was with the Leafs, my buddy and I went to the Bell(Molson at the time) Center and a few minutes in, a seemingly harmless check into the boards from Randy McKay and he was down and out of the game.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hes also very physical and he is a very well rounded player. I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on him.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Maithz

vCash:
jesus christ ! dont try to convince us that D.Markov is better than Souray or Bouillon ... its not even close

Bouillon over D.Markov anyday

Old
07-08-2006, 06:08 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65 View Post
jesus christ ! dont try to convince us that D.Markov is better than Souray or Bouillon ... its not even close

Bouillon over D.Markov anyday
Well there would be a debate between BOuillon and D. MArkov but I would take SOuray over D. Markov anyday. I think people here are really overrating D. Markov and underrating Souray.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote