HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bell to Sharks Havlat to Chicago signs 3 yrs 18 milion deal

Old
07-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Bell to Sharks Havlat to Chicago signs 3 yrs 18 milion deal

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170991&hubname=nhl

Chicago sent Mark Bell to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Tom Priessing and Josh Hennessy, who the Blackhawks added to a package to land Havlat and Smolinski.

Along with Preissing and Hennessy, the Blackhawks sent prospect Michal Barinka and a 2008 second-round draft pick to Ottawa in exchange for Havlat and Smolinski.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-09-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

The Sharks acquired Bell in exchange for Tom Priessing and Josh Hennessy, who are expected to be part of a package Chicago will use to acquire Havlat.
could it be that the hawks actually won a trade?

I'm not a huge bell fan

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:05 PM
znk

Interesting...yet somewhat weird.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
could it be that the hawks actually won a trade?

I'm not a huge bell fan
Chances are that Havlat will only be in Chicago for one year; at least unless he falls in love with the town/team.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
I hope Bell plays with Thornton, and tears it up. (I have him in a fantasy league)

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Chances are that Havlat will only be in Chicago for one year; at least unless he falls in love with the town/team.
good point

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Garry Valk

Wicked trade for the Hawks.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:19 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Wicked trade for the Hawks.
yup, i dont have any idea what the sharks were thinking with this trade? are they going to use bell as the 3rd line center? it sounds impressive with thornton and marleau but to lose your best d-man and a prospect that has an upside similar to that of bell? a potentiial hannan, mclaren top pairing doesn't look very good (rather awful if you think about how slow they are).

great trade for the hawks! i'd try my best to keep preissing if they want to trade for havlat.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
yup, i dont have any idea what the sharks were thinking with trade? are they going to use bell as the 3rd line center? it sounds impressive with thornton and marleau but to lose your best d-man and a prospect that has an upside similar to that of bell? a potentional hannan, mclaren top pairing is pretty slow (rather awful if you think about it).

great trade for the hawks! i'd try by best to keep preissing if they want to trade for havlat.
I think he also plays left wing.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:22 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
I think he also plays left wing.
for the sharks case, i hope he's versatile enough. the sharks have a huge hole to fill in their defense now though.

well it's confirmed...havlat to chicago with smolinski

Along with Priessing and Hennessy, the Blackhawks sent prospect Michal Barinka and a 2008 second round draft pick to Ottawa in exchange for Havlat and Smolinski.

Old
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
paddy

Quote:
for the sharks case, i hope he's versatile enough. the sharks have a huge hole to fill in their defense now though.

well it's confirmed...havlat to chicago with smolinski

Along with Priessing and Hennessy, the Blackhawks sent prospect Michal Barinka and a 2008 second round draft pick to Ottawa in exchange for Havlat and Smolinski.
Good deal for the sens

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Ottawa minus Havlat = good for us...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Preissing wasn't our best defenseman. Hannan was #1, McLaren #2, Ehrhoff/Preissing #3. Preissing was basically a less explosive version of Christian Ehrhoff, who if you don't know who he is, look under the Sharks page of hockeysfuture.com. I'm not warming to the fact we lost experience, but it's not a bad deal at all.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:36 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Good deal for the sens
agreed,
preissing had the same number of points as chara last year and is ONLY 3 times cheaper than chara.
haha

Old
07-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Bryzga lol*

My god Chicago scored big time with this deal..even if they lose Havalat next season. But I agree that Bell could be the perfect fit with cheechoo and thornton if he plays the wing. But they'll need their goalie to have an elite season to keep the team in balance.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:42 PM
sheed36

Lots of action going on the last 2 weeks or so in the NHL with trades and UFA signings and nothing from the Habs at all. I didn't expect Gainey would do much but I at least thought he would have added someone via trade or a UFA.It is a long off season yet so hopefully Gainey will add someone who can help by trading with a team near or over the cap.Gomez from NJ would like nice as the Habs 2nd line centre.It as been a tough 2 weeks watching players change teams without the Habs doing anything but on the bright side we did sign Riberio for another year.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

It's too bad for the Habs, but the price was steep.

I think every team did well in this deal. Chicago gave away a good player, but still got the best player in the deal(s) and while also adding some versatility and depth. Ottawa created a lot of space under the cap. A couple of months earlier, and it maybe coud've been used to re-sign Chara.

Anyway, Ottawa is a lot leaner after this off-season. It's interesting that after dealing away picks and prospects for the last 3 years with no real success to show for it, Muckler traded a core star to re-stock. It's just suprising that he didn't deal for Bell.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:47 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

The Sharks acquired Bell in exchange for Tom Priessing and Josh Hennessy, who are expected to be part of a package Chicago will use to acquire Havlat.
Havlat signed where was Bob again?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:48 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
I retract that. At least BG isnt a Muckler.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Hlavat signed for 3 years 18 millions.

Have'nt seen Priessing enough to really know but it looks good for every team.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
Preissing wasn't our best defenseman. Hannan was #1, McLaren #2, Ehrhoff/Preissing #3. Preissing was basically a less explosive version of Christian Ehrhoff, who if you don't know who he is, look under the Sharks page of hockeysfuture.com. I'm not warming to the fact we lost experience, but it's not a bad deal at all.
Yah, hannan and mclaren saw more time than the pairing of ehrhoff and preissing during the regular (preissing had more points, goals and assists, and a higher+/- than any other sharks d-man) but in the playoffs who was the better pairing?
hannan-mcclaren combined for 4 points, while P and E had 15 points. Lets not forget how preissing was seeing more ice time than both hannan and mclaren against the oilers (he had more minutes than hannan in 4 of the 6 games...hannan played 44 minutes for the sharks in the ot game, while preissing was 2nd and played 38 minutes).

being from edmonton, most oiler fans came out of that series thinking that preissing was your number one d-man. it wouldn't make sense to anyone why your '#1 and #2" would get less minutes than your 2nd pairing d-man. Plus preissing had 20 more points than ehrhoff in the regular season, but that's a moot point.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Hlavat signed for 3 years 18 millions.
I love Havlat's game, but he is NOT a 6 million player.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
You think ottawa was going to trade Havlat to montreal? And montreal going to send good prospects to ottawa?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Yah, hannan and mclaren saw more time than the pairing of ehrhoff and preissing during the regular (preissing had more points, goals and assists, and a higher+/- than any other sharks d-man) but in the playoffs who was the better pairing?
hannan-mcclaren combined for 4 points, while P and E had 15 points. Lets not forget how preissing was seeing more ice time than both hannan and mclaren against the oilers (he had more minutes than hannan in 4 of the 6 games...hannan played 44 minutes for the sharks in the ot game, while preissing was 2nd and played 38 minutes).

being from edmonton, most oiler fans came out of that series thinking that preissing was your number one d-man. it wouldn't make sense to anyone why your '#1 and #2" would get less minutes than your 2nd pairing d-man. Plus preissing had 20 more points than ehrhoff in the regular season, but that's a moot point.
I'm guessing that you didn't know that Ehrhoff started playing regularly until December. For a readup on Ehrhoff:

Quote:
Christian Ehrhoff, D
4th Rd, 106th overall
NHL Games: 105

Goc has turned out well, but fourth round pick Christian Ehrhoff looks poised to become the Sharks top selection in franchise history.

Erhrhoff was the youngest player at the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City and established himself as a talented offensive defenseman in three full seasons in the DEL with the Krefeld Penguins. After winning the 2003 DEL Championship with Krefeld, Ehrhoff made the move to North America for 2003-04, splitting the season between San Jose and Cleveland. The 21-year-old Ehrhoff impressed enough in his NHL action to be named to the 2004 Young Stars Game and was among the Barons leading scorers in the 2004 Calder Cup Playoffs with two goals and six assists in nine games, but his -8 rating proved he had work to do.

The 2004-05 season with Cleveland was more of the same for Ehrhoff, scoring points but failing to play with enough intensity on defense. Ehrhoff was a semi-regular healthy scratch for the first half of 2005-06, but a four-game assist streak prior to the 2006 Winter Olympics and a one-goal, one-assist performance after playing for Germany in Turin marked a turning point. Ehrhoff "got it" and received around 20 minutes of ice time per game the rest of the season.

Ehrhoff took his game to another level in the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs, where the 23-year-old was San Jose's most effective defenseman offensively and defensively against the Edmonton Oilers in the Western Conference Semifinals. If Ehrhoff can fill out his 6'2, 195-pound frame, he'll have the combination of speed, skating, skill and size to be one of the best defensemen in the NHL. The 2004 fourth round pick is starting to live up to his considerable potential.
http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php...readed&order=0

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Vermette 2nd line center?

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote