HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers Oilers Proposal

Old
07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLES-GUY View Post
very poor choice of words, that is not an ability to aspire to, it may be an outcome but I doubt that he or the oilers coaches for that matter would want him on the Ice with the intent to injure, clean hit or not. very poor choice of words
QFT.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
very poor choice of words, that is not an ability to aspire to, it may be an outcome but I doubt that he or the oilers coaches for that matter would want him on the Ice with the intent to injure, clean hit or not. very poor choice of words

Any coach that tells you he would not be happy that Torres knocks out say.. JoeyT or Iginla in the playoffs is either lying or retarded.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
QFT.
You let me down on this one Mikhnov.

Old
07-07-2006, 08:42 PM
ISLES-GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaise View Post
Any coach that tells you he would not be happy that Torres knocks out say.. JoeyT or Iginla in the playoffs is either lying or retarded.
that may be so, but its against every tenet of sportsmanship and if you have to win that way, its worthless. its a sad state of affairs if you cant see a difference, but then I grew up watching the Islanders of Trottier and Bossy, as classy a team as any ever I'd say. I thought Gretzky and his oilers were that way too... but I guess you were too young to learn that.

i guess thats the Shayne Corson and Darcy tucker influence in hockey. its sad that people didn't watch gretzky and learn from him. skill over brawn, thats the ticket.

Last edited by ISLES-GUY: 07-07-2006 at 08:51 PM.
ISLES-GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
that may be so, but its against every tenet of sportsmanship and if you have to win that way, its worthless. its a sad state of affairs if you cant see a difference
That is the attitude of a 2nd place finisher. You do what it takes to win. If not go play for the Pens dude.

Old
07-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
that may be so, but its against every tenet of sportsmanship and if you have to win that way, its worthless. its a sad state of affairs if you cant see a difference

Don't judge me kid. In the same sense I could say that you are passive and weak with no backbone. If you want to go around and give your money out that is your bussiness but don't judge others if they don't do the same. It may go against YOUR views of sportsmenship but I do know that Flyers GM Bobby Clarke agrees with me. You play the game to win and if you find someone skating with there head down you dont let off, you hit him and punish him for skating with his head down.

Sad state of affairs? Wow are you ever self rightous.

Old
07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
ISLES-GUY

You play the game to win and if you find someone skating with there head down you dont let off, you hit him and punish him for skating with his head down.

That I agree with but if you cant see the difference between that and this:

especially when they have the ability to injure other players

I have no problem with playing hard. That's part of the game, but anyone who does anything with the intention of Injuring another is wrong. Playing the game with passion Injuries will happen, its a fact of life and part of the game, but doing things clean hit or not with the intention of injuring another is wrong. I was there the night Dale Hunter tried to maim Pierre Turgeon. It was a sickening sight.

I sincerely hope you never have a child on the receiving end of someone who believes as you do, or you may learn that there is a difference..... a tragic difference.

Old
07-07-2006, 09:30 PM
thebigstubbs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
moreau and winchester to rangers for rachunek

Rangers add grit, leadership and size up front. Winchester been on the trading block, but is young has size. They can use another dman, Rachunek would help their d. It would give us a spot for Staal, Pock or another ufa like markov.
overpayment by the oilers

thebigstubbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
You play the game to win and if you find someone skating with there head down you dont let off, you hit him and punish him for skating with his head down.

That I agree with but if you cant see the difference between that and this:

especially when they have the ability to injure other players

I have no problem with playing hard. That's part of the game, but anyone who does anything with the intention of Injuring another is wrong. Playing the game with passion Injuries will happen, its a fact of life and part of the game, but doing things clean hit or not with the intention of injuring another is wrong. I was there the night Dale Hunter tried to maim Pierre Turgeon. It was a sickening sight.

I sincerely hope you never have a child on the receiving end of someone who believes as you do, or you may learn that there is a difference..... a tragic difference.

Yah what dale did wasnt clean. Listen.. I am a guy that is 100 percent on Steve Moores side and I was disgusted with Burtuzzi. At the same time when Erik Cole came back early from his neck injury I wanted Edmonton to go after him and try to end his career. If you want to come back early from a broken neck when you are not 100 percent I am going to go after you and make you pay. Im going to key on you. And at the end of the night I will be able to sleep because I know I did everything in my power under the rules to help my team win. I hate dirty players. I have no time for them. Torres is clean and when he is on the ice players have to watch out or it could be the last game they ever play and I think that it is great that we have a player on our team like that.

Old
07-07-2006, 11:08 PM
ISLES-GUY

when Erik Cole came back early from his neck injury I wanted Edmonton to go after him and try to end his career.

see that's what I mean. I have no trouble with playing him hard, but to go after him to try and end his career is too much. its a very fine line CheckRaise, and in the example you cite, Eric Cole bears some responsibility too, because suppose Chris Pronger checked him and it was a clean hit with no intent to injure, but Cole ended up paralyzed.

how fair would it be to Chris Pronger to have to live with hurting someone so severely ? In that scenario Cole would be the guilty party, because he wasnt living up to his part of the bargain.

As I say its a fine line, I'm sure that had Cole been injured after you thought that, and you reflected on it, that you would wish you'd never even thought that. Imagine the weight of that guilt, that's why its incumbent on all players to play hard but clean and not to play if you're not legitimately capable.

As far as Torres goes, I agree, he's a great player and very clean. I never thought otherwise. I just shuddered at the thought of someone intending to injure another

Last edited by ISLES-GUY: 07-07-2006 at 11:14 PM.