HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Is there any possibility

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Jamie-L

vCash: 500
Is there any possibility

Of the Blues signing Tverdovsky.

He seems to be the only FA offensive D out there.

It would be great to have Mike VR right now, he can step in for Mac this season. With Mac seemingly out for the season, there is no one to step up.

The Blues' Power Play is absolutely SCREWED.

Old
11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
Of the Blues signing Tverdovsky.

He seems to be the only FA offensive D out there.

It would be great to have Mike VR right now, he can step in for Mac this season. With Mac seemingly out for the season, there is no one to step up.

The Blues' Power Play is absolutely SCREWED.
Hasn't Tverdovsky already ruled out coming back to the NHL this season?

Old
11-09-2003, 02:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

his contract had a provision that specifically said he could NOT play anywhere else this year, so he's in russia for at least this year.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:35 PM
H-Bear

Yuskevich (sp?) would be a good fit too.

Old
11-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Reign Nateo

Off topic: What a brutal trade the Blues made in dumping Van Ryn. Looked dumb at the time and now it looks ridiculous.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:12 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tichonov
He is in Russia too
I know he is in Russia; can he not sign in the NHL and play?

Old
11-10-2003, 06:00 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Off topic: What a brutal trade the Blues made in dumping Van Ryn. Looked dumb at the time and now it looks ridiculous.
It was a bad trade. I think Pleau was counting on a little more out of Bure, hoping he would return from injury sooner and chemistry w/ Weight. Neither happened and the Blues dumped Bure...

VAn ryn was a good prospect, but fell out of favor (rightly or wrongly w/Q) He has been passed on the depth chart by Backman and Walker).

In the end the Blues took a risk and wound up losers, (We do get a 5th rounder in the next draft - due to not keeping Bure)...

Old
11-10-2003, 08:31 AM
letowskie

I know Tverdovsky can do run the PP as well as anyone. But did Yushkevich play on the PP often?

Old
11-10-2003, 08:33 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
I know he is in Russia; can he not sign in the NHL and play?
I believe that both of those players would have to clear waivers if they signed with an NHL club.

Plus, there would be the whole issue of their getting out of their Russian contracts as well.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:34 AM
trublu16

Tver???

Don't need someone who is not needed. The O-Dmen are doing fine. C. Backman is filling in nice on the and 2nd PP unit. With Weight and Prongs on the top of the first PP unit. It will all work it self out. By the way why try and get someone who is not needed in my opinion. Blues are plugging away and keep winning games. Who cares about those stats, the only stat I'm interested in is the number of points the Blues have. Top of Central/in the top two of Western Conf. what more do you want. The D-man depth in St Lou is real nice at this point in time. No need for more to clog it up.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Jamie-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
Don't need someone who is not needed. The O-Dmen are doing fine. C. Backman is filling in nice on the and 2nd PP unit. With Weight and Prongs on the top of the first PP unit. It will all work it self out. By the way why try and get someone who is not needed in my opinion. Blues are plugging away and keep winning games. Who cares about those stats, the only stat I'm interested in is the number of points the Blues have. Top of Central/in the top two of Western Conf. what more do you want. The D-man depth in St Lou is real nice at this point in time. No need for more to clog it up.

Weight is not a powerplay QB, he would be much better along the boards, and we probably give up tons of SS goals if he were to remain there.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
Weight is not a powerplay QB, he would be much better along the boards, and we probably give up tons of SS goals if he were to remain there.
Actually, Weight has played great on the point (and did so also in the playoffs last year). He moves the puck well and is able to get his shots on net and in a position for a tip.

I don't see bringing in another D man (of any kind) will help the Blues out this season. The D has been pretty strong w/ a lot of guys getting unexpected playing time (including Backman). We have gone 13 D deep w/ Stuart and they all played fairly well for fill ins.

If the Blues lack one thing it is proven scoring depth. We need a 2nd line scoring wing, simular to Parrish or Straka. I don't see us getting/addressing this need for a while.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:27 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

I believe(I could be wrong) that any player who signs a contract in europe and plays over a certain amount of games--he can no longer play the NHL--it is one of the sub-sections of the Rexi Routsalainen rule they put in a few years ago.

Closed Thread