HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Why not Anaheim?

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 10:03 AM
190Octane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
if this was offered to lowe he'd be crazy not to take it
Bryan Murray would be crazy to offer it.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
OK...Here's duckstud's proposal from the Duck board:

To Edm:

Chistov
Vishnevski
Smirnov
3rd

To Ana:

Comrie
Laraque

...anyone else think that's a tempting offer?

If we were offerd that we shou7ld jump on it and smile all the way to the bank. I wonder if we could switch the 3rd to a 2nd if we added Cross!

Old
11-11-2003, 11:10 AM
AVE MAN

Any deal with Anaheim would have to include Gerber coming this way.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
Any deal with Anaheim would have to include Gerber coming this way.
huzzah! finally

Old
11-11-2003, 03:46 PM
hunter orange

I'd definately take a flyer on Smirnov. He's a huge guy whose been said to have decent hands. Could turn out to be an Isbister...could turn out to be more. Some posters have said we already have Mikhnov coming up on the left...I for one just think we may never see this guy play a regular season game in an Oiler jersey.

How bout this one:

Comrie, Rita, Mikhnov ----- for ----- Getzlaf, Smirnov, Vishnevski, 3rd

Old
11-12-2003, 06:40 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

This is what I would look for:

To Edmonton: Chistov/Lupul and Vishnevski (plus a pick?)
To Anaheim: Comrie and Isbister

I think Vish and Semenov could look good on our blueline down the road and both Chistov and Lupul have pretty good upside. From what I'v heard, Lupul has a bit of an attitude, but he is a hometown kid who can put the puck in the net and I like Chistov, but he is another small player, eventhough he doesnt mind the traffic. Not sure who I'd prefer. I like Chistov more as a player more, but Lupul looks like he will put the puck in the net more often. I'd might go for Chistov myself, eventhough he seems more like another small playmaker, but I'd be fine with either of them.

Comrie gives them a young star who can score a lot of goals at a cheap price and I keep hearing they want power forwards. Isbister fits that bill and I don't think he's fit in here very well (yes, I know he hasn't been here long, so it might be unlikely he would be traded, but this is what I would probably do).

How about that?

I'v also been thinking about PHX for awhile now and how Langkow would probably fit in well between Smyth and Hemsky. Two-way guy who can play physical and has experiance. I'm not saying Comrie for Langkow straight up, but he might be a nice addition. I'm not too sure how interested PHX is in Comrie though, since they had a fairly similar player in Briere. Plus there have been those rumblings of Kolanos...I dunno, don't mind me, I'm just rambling about random thoughts...hehe

Old
11-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Recent talk has Lowe moving Comrie to Anaheim for Lupul +. I for one have no problem trading Comrie to a west coast rival...if the price is right. Anaheim has also been looking for an enforcer and/or power forward for some time. Why not change the guard a bit in Edmonton and bring in some more young blood...Laraque IMO has had every chance to earn his keep here and hasn't.

To Edmonton:
Lupul
Smirnov
Vishnevski

To Anaheim:
Comrie
Laraque
Chimera (maybe Rita)

*** note that none of the players going to Anaheim have been holding regular roster positions in Edm thus far this season. Anaheim may, however, be far more intersted in Isbister than Laraque and Chimera/ Rita.
Counter proposal:

Rita-Laraue-Comrie for Lupul-Vishnevski-Getzlaf Is that fair??? Maybe some picks to even it up.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Counter proposal:

Rita-Laraue-Comrie for Lupul-Vishnevski-Getzlaf Is that fair??? Maybe some picks to even it up.
Don't think it's very close Lupul and Getzlaf are both in the top 25 on HF rankings and are the Ducks two best prospects, we would not get them unless we could provide the Ducks with the finishing piece(s) to a Stanley Cup.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Chayos

If it is Anaheim we have to be getting Vishnevski or it isn't worth making the deal. We need a D-man to fill gap left by Cross's apparent disappearance.

I would say this one would be my most preferable

Comrie and Rita/Chimera for Chistov and Vishnevski.

I think the deal is actually pretty even

Closed Thread