HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Beller

Old
07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Greg Beller

A very interesting article on prospect over at blueshirt bullentin. A quote from the article " Beller, who broke his left clavicle twice last season, has gotten assurances that the bone will not break again from the Ranger medical staff"

www.blueshirtbulletin.com

I was very interested in this player as he had size and was thought to have some grit to his game. Nice to see he's on the road to recovery and though Yale is not collegiate powerhouse maybe he can regain his form and work his way back into consideration as a prospect of some potential.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:33 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
A very interesting article on prospect over at blueshirt bullentin. A quote from the article " Beller, who broke his left clavicle twice last season, has gotten assurances that the bone will not break again from the Ranger medical staff"

www.blueshirtbulletin.com

I was very interested in this player as he had size and was thought to have some grit to his game. Nice to see he's on the road to recovery and though Yale is not collegiate powerhouse maybe he can regain his form and work his way back into consideration as a prospect of some potential.

The 2005 draft could turn out to be a killer draft. Staal, Sauer, Cliche, Dupont and Pyaat all took major steps forward to an NHL career. If the Rangers could get something out of Beller and Koverko, we'd be witnessing something fairly amazing. (And, throw in a wildcard like Ryan RUssell.)

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:53 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The 2005 draft could turn out to be a killer draft. Staal, Sauer, Cliche, Dupont and Pyaat all took major steps forward to an NHL career. If the Rangers could get something out of Beller and Koverko, we'd be witnessing something fairly amazing. (And, throw in a wildcard like Ryan RUssell.)
While some were preoccuppied witht he rangers squad it was comforting to know that Sather and Staff were focusing where the real need was the greatest, building a scouting staff that could find the gems in later rounds. I've been a ranger's fan for over 40 years and this is the 1st time in a very long time we have a scouting department that finds talent throughout the draft. I have to go all the back to the early days of the Cat, Emile Francis, to our consistently finding players in the same manner. We used many of them as trade fodder for vets to make the cup runs of the 60's & early 70's. Hopefully this time around we keep them. I like home grown.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:32 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I heard Ryan Russell's going to be a very good player. The type of player that the new NHL facilitates. Fast, gritty, good scoring touch, responsible in all zones, and good on faceoffs.

I don't know much about Beller and Koverko, but the others I've read up intensively on. The obvious Staal who is probably going to be on our top pairing one day. Sauer is supposedly more talented than Staal is from what I've heard, but the injuries can be a concern. Dupont is a good energy player with a decent scoring touch, and some size. Last but not least, Pyatt could end up being our version of a guy like Kris Draper. Just a solid two-way checking player with good scoring touch.

This team has everything except for one piece.

That stud player, mainly a center, to put it over the top.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:57 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post

This team has everything except for one piece.

That stud player, mainly a center, to put it over the top.

Hopefully, that player is Anisimov who has the size and skill to be such a player. However, he's just beginning his development process.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Hopefully, that player is Anisimov who has the size and skill to be such a player. However, he's just beginning his development process.
and bruce graham is another player who can be solid as well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote