HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs have offer on table for Perreault

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2006, 08:57 AM
  #26
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hey eklund is reporting Perreault also, personally i wouldnt mind having him at all for about 700-800 thousand a year.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:58 AM
  #27
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
I was in Toronto yesterday and all they were talking about was Roberts and Lindros, and how they can't afford both, and maybe not even one of them. There are mulitiple sources that the Leafs have talked to Roberts and Lindros, so this Perreault thing just does not add up.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:59 AM
  #28
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
Hey eklund is reporting Perreault also, personally i wouldnt mind having him at all for about 700-800 thousand a year.
I would be devastated if this is true.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:04 AM
  #29
Ghost of Saku
Registered User
 
Ghost of Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I would be devastated if this is true.
If we can dump salary (Ribs, Zed, maybe Aeby) for Perreault who will bring down the team's spending then why not? We can go out and make that big signing and for all i care Perreault can even play the occasional 4th line or in Hamilton

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:08 AM
  #30
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
If we can dump salary (Ribs, Zed, maybe Aeby) for Perreault who will bring down the team's spending then why not? We can go out and make that big signing and for all i care Perreault can even play the occasional 4th line or in Hamilton
Mikhail Grabovski, Chipchura, ring a bell? If we clear some dead wood, its not to replace it with more worst dead wood.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:11 AM
  #31
Ghost of Saku
Registered User
 
Ghost of Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Mikhail Grabovski, Chipchura, ring a bell? If we clear some dead wood, its not to replace it with more worst dead wood.
you also don't win the cup with a team of 1st and 2nd year rookies with minimal NHL experience. Perreault is obviously not gonna solve that but unloading players for his salary can definately bring someone else in

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
  #32
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
you also don't win the cup with a team of 1st and 2nd year rookies with minimal NHL experience. Perreault is obviously not gonna solve that but unloading players for his salary can definately bring someone else in
And you think Yanic Perreault is a missing piece for the cup? I dont think so. Yanic Perreault is like the opposite of the player you want. Hes a floater, I would put him to retirement, hes useless in the new NHL.

The habs won 2 their 2 last cups with a bunch of rookies. 6 in 1986 and again 6-7 in 1993. This year we will have 6-7 again like those years.(6-7 with less than 2 years of NHL experience)

And look at the top 4 teams in this year playoffs.

Anaheim: big number of rookies
Edmonton: young team.
Carolina: The Staal effect.
Buffalo: big number of rookies.


Last edited by SOLR: 07-09-2006 at 09:22 AM.
SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:28 AM
  #33
Carbo N8
Registered User
 
Carbo N8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Faceoff ability or not, if I had to accept a Perreault, even at his age I'd still rather have Gilbert than Yanic.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:36 AM
  #34
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
god this is one rumour I hope won't be coming true

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:37 AM
  #35
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
If it is a serious offer, it means Koivu won't be back. If Saku is back: no needs for Perreault !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:42 AM
  #36
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
I very much want Perreault back. I don't care if he can't skate well, his faceoff prowess is amazing, and he's good for 50 points. That's enough in my books.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:46 AM
  #37
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
If it is a serious offer, it means Koivu won't be back. If Saku is back: no needs for Perreault !
just for the sake of discussion here, even IF Koivu wasn't back because of his eye injury...Perreault wouldn't by all means be an "adequate" replacement.
just imagining this makes my stomach turn: 1st and 2nd line centers would Ribiero and Perreault.
I thought Gainey's plan was to make the Habs better, not worsen the team

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:53 AM
  #38
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
just for the sake of discussion here, even IF Koivu wasn't back because of his eye injury...Perreault wouldn't by all means be an "adequate" replacement.
just imagining this makes my stomach turn: 1st and 2nd line centers would Ribiero and Perreault.
I thought Gainey's plan was to make the Habs better, not worsen the team
It would obviuously be a SHORT term solution. Ribs is signed for one year and Perreault could be signed for one year only too. Was Gainey able to sign a good UFA center so far this year ? No !... Later on during the year, depending of the team and young players performance, he might trigger a deal for a real # 1 centerman.

But once again, no Perreault please if Koivu start the next season.


Last edited by habitue*: 07-09-2006 at 10:07 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:57 AM
  #39
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
It would obviuously be a SHORT term solution. Ribs is signed for one year and Perreault could be signed for one year only too. Was Gainey able to sign a good UFA center so far this year ? No !... Later on during the year, depending of the team and young players performance, he might trigger a deal for a real # 1 d-man.

But once again, no Perreault please if Koivu start the next season.
And why Koivu wouldnt? Its already reported that he will be there and just fine. The guys at RDS have been in contact with him many times and reported on air he was going to be fine. Its healing well.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 10:06 AM
  #40
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
And why Koivu wouldnt? Its already reported that he will be there and just fine. The guys at RDS have been in contact with him many times and reported on air he was going to be fine. Its healing well.
I will beleive it when I see him on the ice for the training camp. Maybe he will be fine. But it took how much time for Brian Berard to be able to play ? More than 4 months, I think.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 10:15 AM
  #41
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
theyll put any centerman available in the rumor pool for the hab

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
  #42
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
I will beleive it when I see him on the ice for the training camp. Maybe he will be fine. But it took how much time for Brian Berard to be able to play ? More than 4 months, I think.
Berard and Koivu injury are not comparable.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 01:40 PM
  #43
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,111
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Berard and Koivu injury are not comparable.
Yup exactly, seems like people think every injury that is within the same general area, takes all the same amount of time.

Koivu really should be fine by now, eyes heal.

I really hope we don't get Perrault, where would he play?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.