HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Langdon??

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 04:39 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Langdon??

Just inquiring about how he is doing. I wonder what it would take for the 'Nucks to get him back??

Old
11-09-2003, 04:41 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
Just inquiring about how he is doing. I wonder what it would take for the 'Nucks to get him back??
He's been a good role player with us. He brings a lot of energy and actually knows how to fight.

He fits well here in the capital of hockey.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Ruutu?

Seriously though, I don't think the Habs are interested in giving him up. Good locker room guy and finally a good and experienced fighter that knows his role and is smart about picking his fights is a big plus with a small team like ours. Him and Begin were quite the catch in retrospect. Langdon's playing every night so far, and about 5-6 min. a game, and strengthen the 4th line.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Lewis63

I too really like what Langdon is doing for the habs. I love that 4th line of ours (Langdon-Begin-Ward)

Old
11-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Habs

Quote:
Bertuzzi, Naslund and you eat 80% of their salaries.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Bertuzzi, Naslund and you eat 80% of their salaries.
I agree. But since we don't want you to lose this trade, we can add Dykhuis, Traverse & Dackell!

Seriously Langdon is forming a great duo with Begin and I think they proved me wrong when I said that it was a useless move to take them in the waiver draft.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
I agree. But since we don't want you to lose this trade, we can add Dykhuis, Traverse & Dackell!
If we are throwing in Traverse, it would be realistic to expect Jovanovski in the package.

It's all about getting fair value.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:51 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
If we are throwing in Traverse, it would be realistic to expect Jovanovski in the package.

Nah, they got to add Cooke too

Old
11-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Pffff! Traverse? In their dreams!

Old
11-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
If we are throwing in Traverse.
On LCN the week-end :

Traverse was shifted by a 15years old kid and almost falled on his ass while playing a roller hockey game in the street near Hamilton. Savard was talking with the reporter and Traverse was in the background playing with the a buch of teens... too funny !

No it was not Sidney Crosby , it was just a random kid from the local school

Oh btw Traverse still suck even at the AHL level . Good thing he won't be back

Old
11-10-2003, 07:17 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
He had a really nice fight with Boulton on Friday night. I now know what is meant by "best 2nd half fighter". At first, he was mostly just trading punches here and there and letting Boulton throw punches which were mostly missing the mark. Then, as Boulton starts realizing that he's running out of gas and wants the refs to intervene, Langdon starts throwing a series of punches and just completely wrecks him. It definately had me admiring this exchange.

I agree with the rest of the posters that he provides our team with some energy on the 4th line and although he won't score many (any?) goals, he helps keep other teams straight and gives everyone that little cushion of knowing that if they get bullied by the opposing team, he will come to their rescue.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Quagmier

Begin and Langdon have done wonders with our 4th line, the key now is getting a tougher more defensively capable (notice i said capable and not aware) 3rd line.

Seriously, i think alot of our youngsters will have to fill in the holes on the 1st and 2nd line, i just think we need a solid 3rd and 4th line in order to develop a team identity.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
DJyellow
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Quote:

hmm... if we do that, we could add Brisebois for the twins, so the final deal would like:

TO MTL: Bertuzzi, Naslund and you eat 80% of their salaries, Jovanovski, Cooke, H, Sedin, D. Sedin

TO VAN: Langdon, Dykhuis, Traverse & Dackell, Brisebois... heck, i'm feeling generous... i'll add Komisarek, Perrault + Zednik to sweeten the pot

Old
11-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Joe Cole

I think the key to keep the balance of $$ to talent on the Habs is to stick with Langdon and Begin on the 4th line. NEVER promote them to the 3rd, 2nd or 1st line. Then you need to pay them 2nd line money when the Habs lose some UFA's like Juneau.

Let them stay on the 4th line. They are performing great there, any other line would repeating a mistake. If the 3rd line sucks, trade them, and put young (low buck) guys in their place.

It makes no sense to overpay the third and fourth lines. They are role players and should be paid as so.

That said, I love Begin and Langdon on the 4th line.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:21 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
I think the key to keep the balance of $$ to talent on the Habs is to stick with Langdon and Begin on the 4th line. NEVER promote them to the 3rd, 2nd or 1st line. Then you need to pay them 2nd line money when the Habs lose some UFA's like Juneau.

Let them stay on the 4th line. They are performing great there, any other line would repeating a mistake. If the 3rd line sucks, trade them, and put young (low buck) guys in their place.

It makes no sense to overpay the third and fourth lines. They are role players and should be paid as so.

That said, I love Begin and Langdon on the 4th line.
Bulis-Kilger-Ryder
Langdon-Begin-Ward

That'd be interesting as our bottom two lines, in the long run. (or as soon as next year)

Old
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
I agree with the rest of the posters that he provides our team with some energy on the 4th line and although he won't score many (any?) goals, he helps keep other teams straight and gives everyone that little cushion of knowing that if they get bullied by the opposing team, he will come to their rescue.
I think just having that security is compensation for the lack of offense that they bring to a team, because it lets the top lines relax a bit, allowing them to perfomr a bit better.

Closed Thread