HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Precitions for The leafs this season:

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Precitions for The leafs this season:

Here are mine(No, I am no Leaf fan) :

- Leafs make the playoffs as 5th seed team
-Leafs exit in the first round of the playoffs
-Nolan gets around 40 pts and Leaf fans bash him
-Sundin gets around 65 pts and Leaf fans bash him
-Pat Quinn gets fired in the summer of 2004
-Leafs hire Ted Nolan or Mike Keenan
-Roberts,Belfour retire.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
leafaholix*

Leafs finish ahead of the Habs in the standings.

Old
11-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

-Roberts,Belfour retire.
All those are just stats Habs players can dream of..and a goal far to unreachable in my lifetime..

Old
11-09-2003, 08:13 PM
sluggo*

Komisarek8 - Your probably right (I don't know if the Leafs will be out in the first round, but they won't win the cup) so........BLOW UP THE TEAM!!!!

Old
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:

-Roberts,Belfour retire.
LOL............You know as funny as I find your predictions to be I think you might be right on the money with most of those that you've listed.......OK Here are some of mine:

* Leafs make the playoffs as the 5th seed.

* Leafs by Christmas time are struggling to stay a 500-team cause most of their games in the first half of the season are on the Road....they will be known as the second Roadrunners team of Toronto.

* Leafs Fire Pat Quinn after the team gets eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

* Media speculation over the Summer about who will be Leafs new coach include Scotty Bowman which forces him to come out and publically admit to everybody that he has no intentions of ever coaching again in the NHL.....the names that start to surface include Mike Keenan, Ted Nolan, Rick Vaive and Viktor Tikkanov of Russia.

* Talk of adding NHL team in Hamilton forces Leafs team to come out and admit that they would block Hamilton's entry into the NHL until Russian Billionaire comes out and declares that he wants to have an All-Russian team playing in the NHL and have the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton as their home rink......Vodka will be served inside the Hamilton Arena......He buys the Buffalo Sabres, moves them to Hamilton and hires Slava Fetisov as the team's new head coach........the trades start like crazy and by the start of the season half of the Hamilton team is comprised of Russian-born NHLers including Pavel Bure who comes out of retirement.....Bure comes out and says he loves Hamilton cause that's where he scored his 5oth goal in the NHL for the first time when Vancouver had a neutral site game at the Copps Coliseum against the Buffalo Sabres........Pat Quinn returns home to Hamilton to become GM of the new NHL club in Steeltown.

* Toronto allows Hamilton to finally play in the NHL only if the play out of the Western Conference.....Hamilton ends up in the same division with the Detroit Red Wings and St.Louis Blues.........Russian Billionaire pays the Leafs $100-million for territorial rights.

* With the extra $100-million in the Leafs coffers they go out and pickup Eric Lindros, Jaromir Jagr, Marian Gaborik, Adam Foote, Ed Jovanovski and Dominic Hasek from detroit.

* That season Toronto meets the Hamilton Tigers in the Stanley Cup Finals and get blown away in 4-games straight FINALLY bringing the Stanley Cup back to Ontario.........Not in Toronto and Not in Ottawa BUT in Hamilton.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-10-2003, 04:53 AM
wasting time

Most of the prediction are feasible.

However the Keenan and Molan comment demonstrate that you have a serious drug habit.

Or you are just an idiot.

Or a Habs fan. Pick 'em.

I do not think Belfour or roberts will choose to retire this year. And I think there will be a market for both of them. especially Belfour who I can see in the league well into his 40s.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:39 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Forecast for the Habs:

April tee-off.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
First off, the struggling to play .500 by Christmas is a far stretch. The Leafs for the past 4 seasons have been at or above 500 on the road and even better thus far this year.

Final standings I'm not getting into other than top 5. Ottawa's not playing to potential and Boston's over accomplishing. There's 5 points difference in the East between 1st and 10th, ask again in the New Year.

Sundin had a slow start and is starting to come around, he'll get his usual point/game by seasons end.

Nolan - Who knows, you could be right or he might pick it up, he's shown both so far.

Mike Keenan will not be a Leaf, he has a serious authority problem (he doesn't even show up for most on ice practices) which management most certainly don't want. Nolan has been out of the loop too long and the style of play has changed dramatically in the league since his departure. Vaive is a decent analyst but a lousy coach who couldn't motivate a young Mississauga team let alone a veteran Leafs team. "If" Quinn is gone, look for them either to follow the Ferguson path and hire some young up and coming asst coach from somewhere or a big name coach like Larry Robinson. Personally I'd love to see them pry Andy Murray away from LA but there's about a good a chance of that happening as Scotty Bowman.

I've also got a feeling as more time goes by we'll see Belfour back one more year splitting more games with Telqvist next season with Kidd gone.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Forecast for the Habs:

April tee-off.
All hale Pep

Old
11-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Mizral

1 - Quinn is fired in late November after going winless in 4 games. Ferguson lets Ley be the interm head coach until a few days later when he picks up Robbie Ftorek to coach the Leafs.

2 - Leaf players immediatly respond to Ftorek and go on a 16 - 5 - 1 run putting them in 1st in their division in January

3 - Sundin still hasn't broken out. Concern that he's no longer worth his money starts spreading. Trade rumours pop up around mid January. Sundin goes on to finish the season with 29 goals and 64 points.

4 - Darcy Tucker is suspended at some point in the season. He *****es and whines about the number of games he gets.

5 - A fairly significant trade happens during the season, involving Tomas Kaberle and a forward.

6 - Ferguson refuses to load up on rent-a-players at the deadline like Quinn does, and the media dogs him for it.

7 - The Leafs have a rough March which sees them drop from 4th in the Conference to 7th, at one point, only 5 points out of a playoff spot. The final few games in April push them to 6th.

8 - The Leafs play the Ottawa Senators in the 1st round of the playoffs and shockingly beat them in a 7 game series.

9 - The Leafs run into the Flyers in round 2 and get dumped in 5 games.

10 - The following players have great years: Mogilny (37 goals, 70 points), Nieuwendyk (16 goals, 46 points), Reichal (21 goals, 50 points), and Klee (+13). The following players have lousy years: Sundin (29 goals, 64 points), Tucker (12 goals, 31 points), Nolan (20 goals, 40 points), and Marchment (1 goal, -10)

Old
11-10-2003, 08:50 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
All those are just stats Habs players can dream of..and a goal far to unreachable in my lifetime..

Atleast, most of the habs fans were alive when the team won its last cup. The same can't be said for the poor leafs.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
8 - The Leafs play the Ottawa Senators in the 1st round of the playoffs and shockingly beat them in a 7 game series.
Woohooo!

Old
11-10-2003, 10:15 AM
50 Mission Cap

[QUOTE=Mizral]
6 - Ferguson refuses to load up on rent-a-players at the deadline like Quinn does, and the media dogs him for it.
QUOTE]

???

The one thing that dogged Quinn was his refusal to bring in players at the deadline. He does it once and all of sudden people think he does it every year.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:17 AM
sluggo*

"Mike Keenan will not be a Leaf, he has a serious authority problem (he doesn't even show up for most on ice practices)"

No, the problem (at least one of them) in Florida was that Dudley didn't want Keenan on the ice at ever practice and Keenan was there. Many NHLers have said that Keenan got the best out of them and that his practices were the best they've ever participated in. Hes the 4th most winning coach in NHL history. The may probably won't fire Quinn to get him, but they should.

"I've also got a feeling as more time goes by we'll see Belfour back one more year splitting more games with Telqvist next season with Kidd gone"

This is Belfours last season. They have an option for next season, but that season won't happen. Belfour will spend a year with this auto-shop/racing business and then at age 40 decide to retire. Enjoy him while you can.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
1 - Quinn is fired in late November after going winless in 4 games. Ferguson lets Ley be the interm head coach until a few days later when he picks up Robbie Ftorek to coach the Leafs.

2 - Leaf players immediatly respond to Ftorek and go on a 16 - 5 - 1 run putting them in 1st in their division in January

3 - Sundin still hasn't broken out. Concern that he's no longer worth his money starts spreading. Trade rumours pop up around mid January. Sundin goes on to finish the season with 29 goals and 64 points.

4 - Darcy Tucker is suspended at some point in the season. He *****es and whines about the number of games he gets.

5 - A fairly significant trade happens during the season, involving Tomas Kaberle and a forward.

7 - The Leafs have a rough March which sees them drop from 4th in the Conference to 7th, at one point, only 5 points out of a playoff spot. The final few games in April push them to 6th.

9 - The Leafs run into the Flyers in round 2 and get dumped in 5 games.

10 - The following players have great years: Mogilny (37 goals, 70 points), Nieuwendyk (16 goals, 46 points), Reichal (21 goals, 50 points), and Klee (+13). The following players have lousy years: Sundin (29 goals, 64 points), Tucker (12 goals, 31 points), Nolan (20 goals, 40 points), and Marchment (1 goal, -10)
awesome I love it!

Ftorek for a year...

things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Old
11-10-2003, 01:03 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
awesome I love it!

Ftorek for a year...

things that make you go hmmmmmm....

this is some seriously balsy predicting -- I think Ferguson has the kind of moxy to pull it off too. Ftorek and Ferguson ha ha ha talk about a military training camp.

the two of them would be talking to each other in real time during the game with their Super Spy Secret Communications Radio Set.

Mogilny would think it was 1988 all over again.

This would be the commencement of a true youth movement.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
No, the problem (at least one of them) in Florida was that Dudley didn't want Keenan on the ice at ever practice and Keenan was there. Many NHLers have said that Keenan got the best out of them and that his practices were the best they've ever participated in. Hes the 4th most winning coach in NHL history. The may probably won't fire Quinn to get him, but they should.
And Quinn's fifth likely to take over Keenan soon unless Mike finds a job fast. That's nothing to do with it. Records:

4 Mike Keenan 16 646 507 132 .554
5 Pat Quinn 16 612 486 137 .551

Main difference when employing for this Leafs team is that Quinn's a players coach whereas Keenan's a motivational/dictator style coach. Why do you think he's been fired by 7 teams in 13 years of coaching (2 years he was unemployed). He's not the type of coach this team needs.

Quote:
This is Belfours last season. They have an option for next season, but that season won't happen. Belfour will spend a year with this auto-shop/racing business and then at age 40 decide to retire. Enjoy him while you can.
I never said it would happen and it probably won't, but as time goes on indications are that Belfour's looking to play another season and with Telqvist not yet ready to jump into the #1 spot after spending another year on the rock, I think we "may" see him and Eddy split the job evenly. Unless there's someone else who's a pending FA come season's end to take Belfour's job. All of this is of course is also depending upon the work stoppage not happening (which is a different discussion altogether).

Old
11-10-2003, 02:36 PM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Then why post here? What do you bring to this table? Are you here as a closet leaf fan or just trolling along cause no one on the hab board talks to you?

Old
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Here are my predictions to help follow up on Komisarek8's.

1. On the upcoming roadtrip the Leafs decide to go golfing. Eddie Belfour goes straight to the 19th hole(the bar) and after 10 minutes steals a golfcart crashes into Mats Sundin, Alex Mogilny, Gary Roberts, Owen Nolan, and Tomas Kaberle. The impact of the hit crushes all of there legs, injuring them all for 1-3 years.

2. Eddie Belfour in a drunkin rage rides away in the golf cart and in the middle of the highway chase he yells into his megaphone(which he stole to add to his criminal charges and eventual jail time he will face) and offers the cops 1M$ each to let him ride away to Mexico. The cops decline-Eddie sentenced to 10 years of jail.

3. Pat Quinn goes on the Subway diet and Leaf fans demand that he is fired because they can no longer call him "Fat Quinn".

4. In the middle of a game, Shayne Corson jumps onto the ice and starts attacking all the Leaf players and ripping off there jerseys and spray painting "SWO"(Shayne World Order) on there backs. The spray paint infects Bryan McCabe, Ken Klee, Bryan Marchment, and Aki Berg. Thus making Ric Jackman the Leafs #1 defenseman.

5. Nik Antropov slips on a bananna peal injuring him another 6 months.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:30 PM
sluggo*

"Main difference when employing for this Leafs team is that Quinn's a players coach whereas Keenan's a motivational/dictator style coach. Why do you think he's been fired by 7 teams in 13 years of coaching (2 years he was unemployed). He's not the type of coach this team needs."

Quinn hasn't got the Leafs a cup yet? Has Quinn ever won a cup yet? Has Keenan? Quinns had this chance with this team and hes failed. Keenans the type of coach who can come in and fix the problems the Leafs are having and help get this team a cup.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:55 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Here are my predictions to help follow up on Komisarek8's.

1. On the upcoming roadtrip the Leafs decide to go golfing. Eddie Belfour goes straight to the 19th hole(the bar) and after 10 minutes steals a golfcart crashes into Mats Sundin, Alex Mogilny, Gary Roberts, Owen Nolan, and Tomas Kaberle. The impact of the hit crushes all of there legs, injuring them all for 1-3 years.

2. Eddie Belfour in a drunkin rage rides away in the golf cart and in the middle of the highway chase he yells into his megaphone(which he stole to add to his criminal charges and eventual jail time he will face) and offers the cops 1M$ each to let him ride away to Mexico. The cops decline-Eddie sentenced to 10 years of jail.

3. Pat Quinn goes on the Subway diet and Leaf fans demand that he is fired because they can no longer call him "Fat Quinn".

4. In the middle of a game, Shayne Corson jumps onto the ice and starts attacking all the Leaf players and ripping off there jerseys and spray painting "SWO"(Shayne World Order) on there backs. The spray paint infects Bryan McCabe, Ken Klee, Bryan Marchment, and Aki Berg. Thus making Ric Jackman the Leafs #1 defenseman.

5. Nik Antropov slips on a bananna peal injuring him another 6 months.
Nik Antropov slips on a bananna peal injuring him another 6 months

.....................Oooops

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendel Clark Jr.
Then why post here? What do you bring to this table? Are you here as a closet leaf fan or just trolling along cause no one on the hab board talks to you?
You've never once posted thoughts on another teams board?

11-12-2003, 03:46 AM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
You've never once posted thoughts on another teams board?
His intentions are transparent.....at least to me anyhow.

Closed Thread