HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How are the Habs going to sell tickets for next Season?

Old
07-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
AHL teams don't qualify for the NHL Playoffs.

Sorry, you're absolutely wrong here. You could not be more wrong. In fact, you're more wrong than Paris Hilton. You're more wrong than country music. You're far more wrong than Bush was when he said there were active WMDs in Iraq.

<- This is your reward for being so wrong. Now go sit in the corner.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
20 goals in the nhl, ya he doesnt deserve to be there, Higgins is AHL trash

Kost barely played and Dags was gone. Murray played some amazing games, not a GREAT player, but played his role right. Plec is just trash right? not worth the ice he skates on?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Disregarding Dags and Streit from that list, those players ARE our future. What's wrong with getting them started already? You're just assuming that in the upcoming season, not one of them will excel and that it's just going to be the same team as last year. I can promise you that Higgins will have an impact right away. Pleks will be fighting with Ribs for that second line spot. Perezhogin will finally break out. You'll see

Will you still call it an AHL team then?

where did you see me degrading higgins kosty pleks murray prez?
there is no doubt higgins and the boys will be better this year . what i said is true regarless of future . a good chunk of the bulldogs played in a habs unform last season hence my comments of a " ahl team" .

Old
07-09-2006, 03:46 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
where did you see me degrading higgins kosty pleks murray prez?
there is no doubt higgins and the boys will be better this year . what i said is true regarless of future . a good chunck of the bulldogs played in a habs unform last season hence my comments of a " ahl team" .
lol
wow
hahahaha
all these insult for you i can't use
such a shame

Old
07-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Habsy

How are the Habs going to sell tickets?

In Montreal?

Unreal.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
People whined about Houle but considering that we`re supposed to have geniuses at the helm now, we end up with the same results every damn year. Always having a hard time making the playoffs.

Always these good little teams that will never win anything. Shouldn`t we ask for better?
How much time do you believe it takes to build a team around youngsters ? It takes more than 1 year if you didn't know... We're finally building something about our young core, We've been blaming the Habs for years before that we've never gave a chance to Hossa, Hainsey, Ward and others... Now that BG finally have the vision most fans had, you are still whining ? lol that's non sense to me...

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
lol
wow
hahahaha
all these insult for you i can't use
such a shame

there is a failure to communicate . im pretty sure that all it is .

Old
07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
there is a failure to communicate . im pretty sure that all it is .

since when does 4 players make up a team?
2nd what do you expect the habs to do when there players are playing well in the ahl, leave there, because since they played in the ahl they have to stay there for there entire life?

your opinion are flawed, but this, this isn't an opinion, this is a statement you made, which is absolutely false

give up already, you already look ridiculous

edit: i wrote 6 players, but it's not even 6, its only 4 which makes up a lot less then 6

Last edited by CrAzYNiNe: 07-09-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old
07-09-2006, 03:52 PM
znk

Quote:
i think you need to sit back and think before you try to jump down other's throats . loook over the roster from last season and you will see what im saying . how many first year ahl's were in our line up . ???????

pierre dagnais - ahl
garth murray - ahl
chris higgins - ahl
prez - ahl
Plekanec- ahl
cote- ahl
Kostitsyn- ahl

Mark Streit- played most of the season at ahl calibre .probally should have started in the ahl to adjust to the north american game .
Ok...so after years of complaing about the team not giving the chance to its prospects.....people are now going to complain that they have to many good prospects on the team?
Unreal.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
How much time do you believe it takes to build a team around youngsters ? It takes more than 1 year if you didn't know... We're finally building something about our young core, We've been blaming the Habs for years before that we've never gave a chance to Hossa, Hainsey, Ward and others... Now that BG finally have the vision most fans had, you are still whining ? lol that's non sense to me...
I don`t know that the fans had the same vision as BG. Considering what the fans wants is to win games and go to the Stanley Cup. Montreal can`t afford to have a youth movement. We have good young players, sure. We gotta have good players in their prime too and older too.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 04:03 PM
znk

Quote:
I don`t know that the fans had the same vision as BG. Considering what the fans wants is to win games and go to the Stanley Cup. Montreal can`t afford to have a youth movement. We have good young players, sure. We gotta have good players in their prime too and older too.

I remember the same kind of crying and whining last year. "Oh look at the Bruins...at least they are doing something. They will make the playoffs....not the Habs. And look at Pittsburg no dout a much better team then the Habs."
Seriously, I just hope those people jumped in those bandwagons and crashed with them.

We have a really competitive team. The cardiac kids was the name...before Theo decided he didnt want to win anymore.

With salary cap young good cheap players are one of the most valuable assests. Most of them are just entering maturity and pretty soon we will figure out who is expendable according to our dept.

Old
07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
AHL teams don't qualify for the NHL Playoffs.

you know i thought about this for one second . my next comment might send crazynine over the edge

only reason we made the playoffs was sorely because of christobal huet and the washington capitals who's line up was bascially a ahl roster . if it wasnt for those 2 we'd would have never made it

Old
07-09-2006, 04:08 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
you know i thought about this for one second . my next comment might send crazynine over the edge

only reason we made the playoffs was sorely because of christobal huet and the washington capitals who's line up was bascially a ahl roster . if it wasnt for those 2 we'd would have never made it
Are you even a Habs fan?

TomPlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Are you even a Habs fan?

most certianlly i am . have been my entire life i bleed red . im just stating facts . you obviously forget the huge favor the washington caps did us montreal fans .

Old
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

But Pittsburg made stupid moves. They had a bad team and thought getting all these players was going to be the quick fix. Not only that but these players that they got were not that good to begin with. I never bought into this whole thing.

If you compare with Boston, it`s almost similar in that Boston has this weak team and they`re adding two superstars on it. Sure the quality is better than what Pittsburg got, but it`s still two guys in the middle of nothing. I would have liked to have seen Chara go to a team to make a real difference. Like the Habs.

Old
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

oups I was replying to znk

Old
07-09-2006, 04:12 PM
znk

Quote:
most certianlly i am . have been my entire life i bleed red . im just stating facts . you obviously forget the huge favor the washington caps did us montreal fans .
Obviously you forgot the huge hole Theodore put us in.

Old
07-09-2006, 04:13 PM
znk

Quote:
But Pittsburg made stupid moves. They had a bad team and thought getting all these players was going to be the quick fix. Not only that but these players that they got were not that good to begin with. I never bought into this whole thing.

If you compare with Boston, it`s almost similar in that Boston has this weak team and they`re adding two superstars on it. Sure the quality is better than what Pittsburg got, but it`s still two guys in the middle of nothing. I would have liked to have seen Chara go to a team to make a real difference. Like the Habs.
I was talking about the Bruins last year....they made many signing that got people whyning......and we still owned them.

And...I think Chara at 7.5 is a mistake.
I'd rather have Souray, Rivet, Markov at about the same price.

Old
07-09-2006, 04:14 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
You're obviously forgetting the huge "favor" that Theo did for us when he lost us all those game. You're probably also forgetting the "favors" that Saku and Kovo did for us when they got injured. You're also probably forgetting the **** *** season Zednik and Ribeiro had.

It was a generally bad season, and the fact that we faught the Canes the hardest of any team means a lot. I look at the season as a huge success. Had Saku not have gone down in game 3, who knows what would've happened...

Old
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

through admission outlets.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
You're obviously forgetting the huge "favor" that Theo did for us when he lost us all those game. You're probably also forgetting the "favors" that Saku and Kovo did for us when they got injured. You're also probably forgetting the **** *** season Zednik and Ribeiro had.

It was a generally bad season, and the fact that we faught the Canes the hardest of any team means a lot. I look at the season as a huge success. Had Saku not have gone down in game 3, who knows what would've happened...

forget about theo he was gone .

it had nothing to do with goal tending coming down the streach run it was all to do about NOT SCORING (offense) . bottom line was we had to rely on huet to only let in 1 to 2 goals a game and pray for the capitals to beat teams we couldnt .

and having said this i can see why there are more than a few here than could be a tad upset that the lack of scoring wasnt addressed this offseason . but hey season doesnt start till oct 4 so will have to sit back and wait

Old
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Habsaholic

The Habs will sell out even if we sign Brisebois and Perrault to deals

I dont see why you dont think we are not contenders, we are.

Habsaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 04:21 PM
znk

Quote:
forget about theo he was gone .

it had nothing to do with goal tending coming down the streach run it was all to do about NOT SCORING (offense) . bottom line was we had to rely on huet to only let in 1 to 2 goals a game and pray for the capitals to beat teams we couldnt .

and having said this i can see why there are more than a few here than could be a tad upset that the lack of scoring wasnt addressed this offseason . but hey season doesnt start till oct 4 so will have to sit back and wait
So...you want us to forget about all the games we lost because of theo....but think about all the game we won because of Huet?
Is there are specific reason for that...other than it dosent work for you?

Old
07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Umm... why exactly CAN'T the Canadiens afford to have a youth movement???

And what exactly did you want Bob Gainey to do - overpay for aging talent??

The last time the Habs won the Cup was 1993... before that 1986. Now, while I'd love to see the Habs win the cup every year, do you know how many teams have won a cup in the last 13 years? Or two cups in the last 20?? Things could be a lot worse, my friend, ALOT worse.

The Habs have so much young talent now that they don't need to go on spending sprees to field a competitive team. So why do so, because some fans just can't seem to get past the fact that other teams have signed some UFA's? ALso keep in mind that every time a UFA signs to another team, the team they just left is left with a gap. How many UFAs have the Habs lost???

It's tough witnessing the constant complaining about the Canadiens inactivity at FA time. Funny thing ism, I bet the ones complaining most would be also the ones complaining if some overpaid UFA didn't produce for the Habs.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 04:24 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Umm... why exactly CAN'T the Canadiens afford to have a youth movement???

And what exactly did you want Bob Gainey to do - overpay for aging talent??

The last time the Habs won the Cup was 1993... before that 1986. Now, while I'd love to see the Habs win the cup every year, do you know how many teams have won a cup in the last 13 years? Or two cups in the last 20?? Things could be a lot worse, my friend, ALOT worse.

The Habs have so much young talent now that they don't need to go on spending sprees to field a competitive team. So why do so, because some fans just can't seem to get past the fact that other teams have signed some UFA's? ALso keep in mind that every time a UFA signs to another team, the team they just left is left with a gap. How many UFAs have the Habs lost???

It's tough witnessing the constant complaining about the Canadiens inactivity at FA time. Funny thing ism, I bet the ones complaining most would be also the ones complaining if some overpaid UFA didn't produce for the Habs.
What overpaid underperforming UFA did I know on the Habs?