HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Further acquisitions?

Old
07-10-2006, 12:59 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
No more additions please, Shanny should be the last. Fill in the rest of the lineup with what we already have and we're sitting pretty. D's still missing a little size, but let the new guy's make up for it with smarts and work ethic.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:05 AM
IanB

I dont know where all this Recchi talk is coming from, but I'd much rather have Rucinsky re-sign than have Recchi sign with us.

Recchi is a year older than Shanahan, and 3 years older than Rucinsky, and its starting to show. At least we know Rucinsky wants to play here.

On the other hand, Recchi would be the third Stanley Cup winning Hurricane brought in by the Rangers. Also, Recchi and Jagr were teammates in Pittsburgh when they went on their '91 cup run.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

I'm pretty satisfied with what we've done. I'd bring back Rucinsky for 1 more year, and that'd be the last move I would make.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:43 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i think we're fine at forward now. i like leaving spots for a rookie or two to work there way into the lineup. i would only make a deal that is several for one, and i doubt a package of moore, hossa, and pock would get us very much.

straka-nylander-jagr
shanahan-immonen-prucha
dawes-cullen-ward
hollweg-betts-ortmeyer
extras:
hossa-moore-orr

alt:
straka-nylander-jagr
shanahan-cullen-prucha
hossa-betts-ward
hollweg-moore-ortmeyer

but, IMO: dawes, immonen > hossa, moore

i would be up for leetch. we have lots of d-men we can play with him now that will cover his back instead of cause defensive problems (read: poti). i don't like the malhotra situation where we have staal make the team but we are unable to send him to hartford and instead he sits the pine for a few games when he's not doing so well. i think he's better served in the junoirs getting #1 minutes, playing in all key situations. next year, we'll be able to send him down to hartford whenever he needs a tune up whereas this year, sitting him ='s no ice time. i'm not very big on pock either. he reminds me of poti except he can play the "rookie mistakes" card. his potential is up in the air. of course, playing him can increase his trade value like it did for kondratiev. and his ability. he's more of a ? to me.

malik-rachunek
leetch-ward
kasparitis-tyutin

lundqvist-weekes (good for the locker room)
if montoya really tears up the AHL again, i'm sure there will situations that he will get a call up and see a few games this year. as Rodent points out, weekes is not a game stealer so if montoya is really doing THAT good, he's probably better as a playoff backup goalie plan. i remember that year he came in for ??? and won a playoff series versus NJ. i think they made the finals that year. cullen and ward are probably glad he's on the team as well.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:22 AM
theduke35

forget all those other players, the one player id love to have and i think would definatly be worth the picks is the RFA Simon Gagne..he is having bad contract disputes with the flyers and would fill a huge roll for the rangers. plus he is 26 still very young not even entering his prime, and he had 47 goals and 79 points last season and will only get better with time. If he can be had for a multi year deal of around 5mil, do you think that he would be worth the 2 first rnd picks, 1 second rnd, and 1 third rnd pick? What do you think? he may not be a rookie but hes very young and could be very valuable, as a 1st or 2nd line winger instead of rucinsky. gagne also is not afraid to hit and would add a great sniper and solid all around player to the rangers..

theduke35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
maybe morrison can be dealt to rangers, he is rumored to be available to cut salary. Morrison to Rangers for Montoya, Pock and Betts.

Straka Nylander Jagr
Shannahan Morrison Prucha
Rucinsky Cullen Ward
Hollweg Moore Orts
Naaah we can get someone alot better for Montoya and Pock

Entrancemperium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
We've got a pretty packed situation right now:

Shanny, Nylander, Jagr, Straka, Cullen, Prucha are all guys who are likely top two line players.

You also have Dawes, Immonen, Ward, Hollweg, Moore, Betts, Helminen and Hossa battling for spots and that says nothing of guys like Greg Moore or Brandon Dubinsky who may surprise.

Personally I'd rather not sign another forward and let those guys battle it out for spots.
Thank You, I hope we are DONE!, not to mention, one of Sykora or Ruchinsky may be returning, hopefully none. ANd you forgot Orts for the 3rd and 4th line roles.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 11:43 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke35 View Post
forget all those other players, the one player id love to have and i think would definatly be worth the picks is the RFA Simon Gagne..he is having bad contract disputes with the flyers and would fill a huge roll for the rangers. plus he is 26 still very young not even entering his prime, and he had 47 goals and 79 points last season and will only get better with time. If he can be had for a multi year deal of around 5mil, do you think that he would be worth the 2 first rnd picks, 1 second rnd, and 1 third rnd pick? What do you think? he may not be a rookie but hes very young and could be very valuable, as a 1st or 2nd line winger instead of rucinsky. gagne also is not afraid to hit and would add a great sniper and solid all around player to the rangers..

I would definatly consider Gagne, But then how would the lines look? And then there is the chemistry issue, yes you never know until the season starts, but the chemistry last year was great, and I don't want to lose that.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Eh, I don't like this mentality. I'd really rather have the piece ready to step in than worry about who's filling in when the injuries hit.
Well Sather basically said in today's Newsday that they're going to leave some room for youth to fill in rather than fill every hole through free agency.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:43 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
lundqvist-weekes (good for the locker room)
if montoya really tears up the AHL again, i'm sure there will situations that he will get a call up and see a few games this year. as Rodent points out, weekes is not a game stealer so if montoya is really doing THAT good, he's probably better as a playoff backup goalie plan. i remember that year he came in for ??? and won a playoff series versus NJ. i think they made the finals that year. cullen and ward are probably glad he's on the team as well.
Plus it really seems like Weekes and Henke have bonded.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:17 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

nashville is reportedly looking to shop forwards for dmen. rosival, + 5th rounder for adam hall! buy low, sell high. i doubt nashville is willing to move him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:28 PM
94now

Morozov to play RW on Immonen line.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Morozov to play RW on Immonen line.
I'll pass.

07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'll pass.
Me too. Infact if he went to another team and scored 50 goals i wouldn't even think the Rangers missed the boat. A poor mans Kovelev is just poor player in my book.

The Rangers don't NEED Morozov.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Fletch

If the Rangers can...

sign him to an 8 game contract, solely to play against the Devils, I'd consider it.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote