HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bondra: Does he have anything left?

Old
07-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Vega

vCash: 500
Bondra: Does he have anything left?

What's happening with this guy? Is he retiring? He's two goals shy of 500 and I think he still can bring a lot to the table. He'd be a good signing for a team who lacks wingers and doesn't want to get locked up in a long term contract. He was putting up some decent points up until he got hurt right?

Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Captaincanada80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick Vega View Post
What's happening with this guy? Is he retiring? He's two goals shy of 500 and I think he still can bring a lot to the table. He'd be a good signing for a team who lacks wingers and doesn't want to get locked up in a long term contract. He was putting up some decent points up until he got hurt right?
Ive heard rumblings that it's Washington or Retirement... Ill try and find some links

Captaincanada80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
fullclip
Prepare to die

Itd be nice to see him back in Washington. He might be someone Ovechkin could develop some chemistry with.

fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:32 AM
fIREnIcE

I hope if or when he signs it doesnt trun int o a Bret Hull deal. I guess it is a problem when player signs for the wrong reasons it s pride/not knowing when to call it quits it turns out to be quite embarassing.

fIREnIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:49 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

i'd like to see him play one more with the Caps, even in a limited role.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Dallas, so long as it was for less than a mil....

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I hope that if he wants to play in the NHL for one more game before retiring that he does it, nobody has any right to tell a player that's career was as capable as his when to hang em up.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Dallas, so long as it was for less than a mil....

second that emotion immediate pp help

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Yap, He said that he want to continue but where ?? That´s a question. But from my view Washington is realy possible

Bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Poochie_D

I think Anaheim should sign him. Replace the hole made by the Pronger trade... they brought Selanne back to life, maybe they can do something with this guy.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 05:17 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Bondra was curious last year in Atlanta. He was barely visible, rarely motivated, but somehow he still wound up with 20 goals. He doesn't bring much to the table besides a handful of goals, and he's really not worth giving up a roster spot that could go to a younger player. The only place he should sign with is Washington, but I think there's a little bit of bad blood there when he spurned them for Atlanta.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Bondra was on pace for a good season before his injury, after his injury his play was at a much lower level, Id love to see him back in Atlanta, but I dont think he's part of DW's plans. Money wont be a problem with Bondra, as he said "Money are not important now".

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Captaincanada80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
I think Anaheim should sign him. Replace the hole made by the Pronger trade... they brought Selanne back to life, maybe they can do something with this guy.
Anaheim is already good enough... Its Rathar Scary

Captaincanada80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Langway
Floatvechkin

TSN's Brent Wallace reported: "Peter Bondra is another guy. Now, his agent says that he would like to go back to Washington...and if not, he will likely retire."

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
GossomeRwing

I think he should sign with the Wild I am pretty sure he has play with Demitra in world play Bondra can play both right and leftwing and play the point on the powerplay.

Washington is a terrible team right now
The Wild are looking pretty solid IMO
I'm a Caps fan so I have been a fan of Bondra for a long time.

He still has his speed and a booming shot he will help almost any team in the NHL.
The only team I wouldn't won't him on is Pittsburgh

GossomeRwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Zell_Rocks

I heard he has a nagging injury that has really made him think about whether or not it's worth it to him to return. He still has a deadly shot, but isn't half the player he used to be.

Zell_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Behn Wilson

Bondra belongs on the Capitals. Washington fans deserve too see him pot his 500th in their uniform. Id like to see that too, hopefully in a home game set up by Ovechkin.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
Bondra belongs on the Capitals. Washington fans deserve too see him pot his 500th in their uniform. Id like to see that too, hopefully in a home game set up by Ovechkin.
Ted Leonsis and George McPhee (worst GM in the league with Mibury out) are steadily building a reputation for disdaining "true Caps"...

It started with how they got rid of Calle Johansson then Ulf Dahlen.

We were perplexed in how easily the let Steve Konowalchuk go for trash...worse is that afterwards it appeared Kono couldnt get out fast enough.

During the season Witt soured on the management (although he got along with players). As did Klee a bit back.

Now they make zero effort to resign Halpern (who is the only local area guy ever to play for an NHL team!..he played on the Junior Caps!)

I emailed Ted about this (Bondra) and his response was pretty much that of a big jerk.

Ted is very petty and his GM is a complete waste. The Caps fans would love to see Bondra back seeing as how we are going to stink anyhow but he'd have to beg at Ted's feet in order to make it happen.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Foy

This is actually a source of some resentment with some Washington fans.

During last offseason, there was a lot of hate built up between Bondra and the organization over contract talks. Most of the problems stem from Bondra's agent, Rich Winter (worst agent in hockey).

A lot of Caps fans want Bondra back.
Some would rather see hell freeze over after the way he left.

Bondra is a player that demanded to be traded multiple times during his career with Washington, then cried and felt "betrayed" when he was traded. He held out many times, and even played in the minors while negotiating a contract at one point.

During last season's negotiations, Bondra's agents wrote a letter to the editor of the Washington times lambasting the team for lowballing his client and not offering him nearly enough money. Winter said he had offers from Philly and the Rangers for three times what Washington was offering. Philly and NY both denied having made offers to Bondra. Bondra went on to sign his contract with Atlanta that ended up paying him less money than the contract offered by Washington.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote