HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can't.....take...this....anymore

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 04:12 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Can't.....take...this....anymore

This is from today's Post:

""There were five giveaways in our end, two of them by LaCouture, one by Jamie, and two by Purinton," Sather said yesterday after an optional practice. "You can't come back and play them if they're going to cough the puck up five times on one shift. It makes things very difficult.

"Jamie gets the puck at center ice, and all he has to do is get the puck in deep. Instead, he tries to make a cute little pass. If he gets the puck in deep, the flow keeps going ahead. And he wonders why he doesn't play very much." "

Great.....just great. Jackass finally tries to make a player play for poor decisions and look at who it is. A guy who had all of 2:26 minutes of ice time. Yes, it was a poor shift. But you pair your top offensive youngster with a career 4th liner and a #6 defenseman who is taking his first friggin' shift as a friggin' forward? Where is Sather's vehemence when it is Messier who makes another behind the back pass that gets intercepted? Or when Kovalev and Nedved cannot get the puck deep becuase of "a cute little pass" ? Or where was his anger when M&M were on the ice for every friggin' goal against Carolina?
ACCOUNTABILITY? My a$$!!! I think that Melrose said it a few weeks ago when he said that the only people that are held accountable for anything are those who have options to Hartford.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:16 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
I actually emailed the Rangers with something very similar to what you just wrote. Only my email had a few 4 letter words in it as well.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Fletch

It was kind of comical...

I would have to hope that more is said outside the press. I would also hope that if Moore is in the lineup tonight that they will get some playing time (Edmonton is better-suited for the duo, as their speed will be needed, and there will likely be less grinding). Ditto against PITT.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Lundyfan

I just emailed Sam and JD and asked them to please ask Glen Sather why he choose to single out Lundmark for making a mistake and not his Vets.

Try it, it's fun.
http://www.msgnetwork.com/rangers_game_night.jsp

Old
11-10-2003, 05:47 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Sent:

This is pathetic. Lundmark gets blasted while people like Malakhov and Mironov have jack done for their horrid play? The M&M brothers, if held accountable (like Sather said he would have from the BEGINNING of the season) should've been WAIVED by now for their play. They aren't even worth trading.

Moore, who was one of the best players on the team with his call-up, has been sent down. He and Lundmark were awesome together. This is just incredibly pathetic at this point and angering to someone in the media as well (I write for Hockeys Future for the Rangers section).

I've watched these kids go through their WHOLE junior carrers and spend time in Hartford. We must be the only team not to give our youth the chance that they deserve.

Pathetic.

The slogon still stands: "Hockey's different here."

Old
11-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Fletch

I sent one too...

basically saying what a great job Sather has done in turning this organization around. As well, I praised the continued great play of Messier as one of the few bright spots this team has and how great it will be to see him break Gretzky's record while in a Rangers uniform. Additionally, I praised the youth movement that's going to happen once every single player that had Neil Smith's name on it are gone. And I told how I thought it was a great idea that the team not roll four lines, and Sather's move of Lindros to wing enabled that which I thought was wonderful. Why have four lines rolling that make sense when you can roll three and have guys (who supposedly are important to this team's success) play out of position. And why continue to roll four lines, which keeps Messier fresh, when you can have Mess out there every other shift (and of course rolling the four lines wasn't working).

Old
11-10-2003, 05:57 AM
Lundyfan

I liked Shappa and Revielle's email better Fletch.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
RFAN

I sent one too. What a joke and just plain sad! Slat is a real A-HOLE! We now know who will be part of the Jagr deal if and when it happens!

Old
11-10-2003, 06:15 AM
barnaby63

take a look at todays star-ledger guys before you start blasting sather. he says they will get their icetime. if you dont want to go searching go to hockeybird.com front page and it provides the link. calm down.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:18 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
take a look at todays star-ledger guys before you start blasting sather. he says they will get their icetime. if you dont want to go searching go to hockeybird.com front page and it provides the link. calm down.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:22 AM
RFAN

Quote:

"I would absolutely like to have them jump into the lineup and start to dominate, so I could play them 20 minutes a game," Sather said. "You don't enter the game thinking these guys are going to play two or three minutes and that's it."

This isn't really a ringing endorsement is it?

Old
11-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Fletch

They'll get their ice time?

the question that really needs to be answered is why did they lose their ice time in the first place? While I assume Sather wanted to go 'bigger' against Philly, he really hasn't explained himself. Was Sather afraid on Kim Johnsson manhandling Moore, perhaps on Eric's wing? And wasn't Carter just starting to click with Holik? So he moves off that line? Wasn't Barnaby and Mess playing well? It was Barnaby's most invisible game, I thought, thus far.

With Nedved and Kovalev not clicking, Hlavac out, there was ample room to insert Lindros into the lineup as a centerman, and have Moore and Lundmark out there too.

I may not be as high on Lundmark as many at this particular moment, but the kid has played his way into the lineup (although not given a chance to do so, he still did) and is quickly taken off. So they had a bad shift, who in the game didn't against Philly? Put the kid back out, let's see what he's made of.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:28 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Sather also said that Messier would be a 4th line player and that he would roll 4 lines to keep players fresh. It is in the same article from the Star-Ledger, that Sather blasts Lundmark. Amazing how he cannot seem to be able to open up his mouth to comment on the play of 3M (Messier, Malakhov, Mironov) or Rosie or Hlavac or Poti or Carter or.......

Old
11-10-2003, 06:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the question that really needs to be answered is why did they lose their ice time in the first place? While I assume Sather wanted to go 'bigger' against Philly, he really hasn't explained himself. Was Sather afraid on Kim Johnsson manhandling Moore, perhaps on Eric's wing? And wasn't Carter just starting to click with Holik? So he moves off that line? Wasn't Barnaby and Mess playing well? It was Barnaby's most invisible game, I thought, thus far.
It is rather head-scratching. One would have thought that Sather would recall that Matty never clicked with Nedved. One would have thought that he would see that so far, the only place that has worked for Carter was with Holik. One would have though that he would learn from last year that displacing Lindros just so that Messier does not have to be a 4th line player is assinine. For all the talk of continuity when Lindros was injured, it all went out the window as soon as everyone was healthy enough to play. Why? Becuase once Messier started playing nearly 18 minutes on a regular basis, he was not going to go back to a 4th line role (if one can view his role before the Lindros injury as a simple 4th line player).
Playing Matty with Nedved and Kovalev was sheer folly. If ANYTHING, a line should have been made with Lindros as center and Lundmark and Barnaby or Simon as his linemates. But no. Couldn't have Messier playing a 4th line role. So the result? No 4th line and Lindros playing out of position so that Mess can play major minutes.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Fletch

It also...

may've been a good time to try Kovalev with Lindros again (this time, playing Kovalev to the right of Lindros, not the left, and not with Carter). Keeping he and Nedved together just isn't doing it for me. Although Hlavac's gone now, I still don't think their styles mesh well (interesting though how Kovalev sends the puck deeper more often now than trying to beat three guys (although he does like to go along the boards and beat that one guy still)).

Closed Thread