HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Poti, Carter on Block

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 02:51 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Poti, Carter on Block

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
11-10-2003, 02:53 AM
KING

Rangers: Sather may play two kids

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...5918314340.xml

Old
11-10-2003, 02:55 AM
KING

Steady work hard to find

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...0rangers3.html

Old
11-10-2003, 02:57 AM
KING

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/4123.htm

Old
11-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Quote:
He sat with his head in his hands after yesterday's optional skate, unsure how he fits into the Rangers' search for success.

"It's pretty hard to define my role right now," the team's 1999 first-round draft pick said. "I'm playing center, wing, with different people. And then, to play only three minutes, it's frustrating."

Sather, who paired Lundmark with inconsistent Dan Lacouture and first-time forward Dale Purinton, praised the youngster's effort but slammed his play.

"I wish someone would give me a job to do and tell me to just go out and do it," Lundmark said.

Come on Jamie ask for a trade and get OUT of this organization.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:42 AM
riz

Quote:
He sat with his head in his hands after yesterday's optional skate, unsure how he fits into the Rangers' search for success.

"It's pretty hard to define my role right now," the team's 1999 first-round draft pick said. "I'm playing center, wing, with different people. And then, to play only three minutes, it's frustrating."

Sather, who paired Lundmark with inconsistent Dan Lacouture and first-time forward Dale Purinton, praised the youngster's effort but slammed his play.

"I wish someone would give me a job to do and tell me to just go out and do it," Lundmark said.
:mad:

Somebody get these youngsters as far away from this organization as possible. For the good of these players, let's just surrender to Slats' plan of riding the vets. I'm just about to give up....

Old
11-10-2003, 03:44 AM
riz

Quote:
Dominic Moore also should be in the Rangers' lineup, having returned from a one- day journey to Hartford. The rookie forward, a healthy scratch in Saturday's overtime loss to the Flyers, should supplant Dale Purinton in tonight's lineup with the Rangers trying to avoid a three- game winless streak and stay above .500.
So instead of Dale out there, we'll see a line of Moore-Lundmark-LaCouture getting the 5+ odd minutes in the first two periods before sitting the third ?

Old
11-10-2003, 03:46 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
I'm with you Riz. The best thing that could happen to Lundmark and Moore would to be traded quickly. And to think, I actually thought things might change this year.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:57 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
I'm with you Riz. The best thing that could happen to Lundmark and Moore would to be traded quickly. And to think, I actually thought things might change this year.
Sather says the youth cannot make any mistakes. He better just dump Tjutin, murray, jessiman, blackburn and the whole lot right now. Young guys make mistakes. I especially fear for tyutin. Dmen especially make lots of mistakes, but they learn hopefully. Sather does not want to hear tyhat it seems. Its ok for messier to have 4 turnovers on his cute little drop passes. Or Kovalev to over stickhandle and turn it over. Ughh foget it.

That is why I laugh when on the proposals board when someone offers a deal for Rags youth we say "no lets stick with the kids." WHy? SO we can trash some talented youngsters career. For the sake of empathy and humanity, trade them and let them develop elsewherew and hopefully be successful

Old
11-10-2003, 12:35 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
The best thing that could happen to Lundmark and Moore would to be traded quickly.

The best thing that could happen to Lundmark, Moore, and all Ranger fans is for Sather and Dolan to DIE. New York could be a great place for kids to spend an entire career.

Even in his worst years of bungling, I never felt for Neil Smith the rage I now feel for Sather.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:

Jamie, with all due respect..shut your mouth. Complaining certainly isn't going to fix this problem when you're dealing with the mighty Glen Sather.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Jamie, with all due respect..shut your mouth. Complaining certainly isn't going to fix this problem when you're dealing with the mighty Glen Sather.
Well, what choice does he have!?

Old
11-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Well, what F***IN choice does he have!?
To keep his mouth shut.

Old
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Well, what F***IN choice does he have!?
Agreed. What's Sather going to do? Give him only four shifts?

Of wait ... he's already done that.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Mr Sakich

I have always felt that toronto and the ranger swere the likely destination for comrie. Lundmark and tyutin (sp??) would seem to be a fair return. Maybe the oil throw in a prospect/periphery player.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Sather's response to Lundy's consternation just shows you his incompetence...

Quote:
"[Lundmark] got a pass at center, and all he had to do was dump the puck in deep to keep the flow going forward," Sather said. "Instead, he tries to make this pretty pass and loses it. And Jamie wonders why he doesn't play."
Uh...Glen...hate to break this to you, but ALL of your players have been guilty of making mistakes like that! Some of those players, like Kovalev, Lindros, and Carter, have done far worse. But Lundy is the one who gets benched. No...young players aren't ALLOWED to make mistakes, but those who have been handed big contracts are.

Moron...

Old
11-10-2003, 07:20 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I have always felt that toronto and the ranger swere the likely destination for comrie. Lundmark and tyutin (sp??) would seem to be a fair return. Maybe the oil throw in a prospect/periphery player.
Tjutin is not getting traded. Where will Comrie fit in on this team?

Old
11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Edge

Jamie shouldn't shut his mouth, i say "go jamie go jamie".

Chew that ego loving mother trucker for everything he is worth, hey he can't possibly ruin you anymore right? in fact he'll probably trade you which would be a blessing.

Sather has proved just how far out of touch he is. i mean seriously the things coming out of his mouth are amazing. I've never seen someone with their head THAT far up their @$$, and i've worked with some Ceo's whom you'd like to hit in the face with a hammer.

hey glen here's a question for you? what has martin rucinsky done all season? How about your love toy messier? by the way how is lindros doing out there? how about your good ol boys carter and poti?

hey glen when was the last time you made the playoffs?

hey glenn when was the last time you called gretzky and offered to give him "favors" for those cups that have shaped and saved your career?

Hey Glen you sure know a lot for a guy whose playing career was a joke, whose coaching career since gretzky leaving has been laughable and whose GM track record since the messier trade has been hysterical.

Hey Glen your plan is working now.

Hey Glen when are you gonna stop tricking the league into a false sense of security?

When does the real team show up?

Hey Glen are bigger, younger, faster better yet?

Hey Glen what's that smell? is it the smell of success or the crap you've been dishing out for 3 years now?

Hey Glen you're an @$$ clown.

Hey Glen if you died of a heart attack tonight, the rangers would be a better team for it.

Hey Glen do me a favor. Eat a big bucket of greasy chicken and give this team a fighting chance.......

Hey Glen i think i wanna shake your hand.....and then punch you in the mouth.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:56 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Since Carolina has tried to get Anson Carter from Edmonton the past 2 seasons, is there any word of Rutherford contacting Sather? I wonder what he would want

Riz, any word on the commercial version of East Side Hockey Manager?

Old
11-11-2003, 08:05 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
Since Carolina has tried to get Anson Carter from Edmonton the past 2 seasons, is there any word of Rutherford contacting Sather? I wonder what he would want
I like that Radim Vrbata kid. Loads of offensive talent, but would he be too much for Carter? Other than that Vasicek, Staal and Cole would be asking for too much. Maybe package of youth in Mike Zigomanis and Ryan Bayda for Carter.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:09 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
I like that Radim Vrbata kid. Loads of offensive talent, but would he be too much for Carter? Other than that Vasicek, Staal and Cole would be asking for too much. Maybe package of youth in Mike Zigomanis and Ryan Bayda for Carter.
I'd give you Zigomanis and Bayda in a heart beat I don't think Zigomanis will ever make it as an NHL player, but Bayda is one of those smart players who will be around for years. He has great hockey instincts. I'm not high on his offensive potential, though.

I'd trade Vrbata for Carter too. But I'm not Jim Rutherford

Old
11-11-2003, 08:23 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Pavel Brendl, just kidding. 1st rounder would be nice.
I highly doubt the Canes are willing to part with a 1st rounder for anyone. I doubt any team is, except for "fix-it-now" franchises like Detroit & Toronto.

Btw, you guys can have Pavel Brendl in your organization once again for a bag of pucks. This guy is never going to make it.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Bacchus

I like Bayda a lot.

Is there any chance of getting Cole?

Old
11-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
I like Bayda a lot.

Is there any chance of getting Cole?
Not for Carter

Old
11-11-2003, 09:16 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
I guess I could settle for 2nd and 3rd rounders.
How about Brendl, Bayda, Sean Hill, and a fourth-rounder for Carter, Malakhov, and a 2nd rounder

Closed Thread