HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo trades Hejda to Oilers

Old
07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Buffalo trades Hejda to Oilers

D-man Jan Hejda to EDM for a 7th round pick in 2007.

I guess they plan on bringing him over.

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/news/index.php?id=670

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
rigger

Hmm, who the heck is he? I know the boys are good at scouting out D man talent so I trust that he will fill the void they want him too but I am not sure who he is.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

He looked good at the Worlds in 2005.

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Bring Back Smyth

Why hasn't he come over to North America at all in his career? Hopefully Lowe's had some talks with bringing him over already

Bring Back Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
He looked good at the Worlds in 2005.
He was solid in the 2002 Olympics and that got him drafted as a 24 year old. He's good enough abroad that he wasn't going to take an AHL assignment instead of earning more/travelling less to stay at home. He jumped to a better paying deal in the RSL 3 years ago and from various accounts was very solid. With the Oilers looking for depth on the blueline, a guy who's been very good in the RSL and Czech League for essentially a throw-away pick isn't the worst option.

07-10-2006, 02:01 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He was solid in the 2002 Olympics and that got him drafted as a 24 year old. He's good enough abroad that he wasn't going to take an AHL assignment instead of earning more/travelling less to stay at home. He jumped to a better paying deal in the RSL 3 years ago and from various accounts was very solid. With the Oilers looking for depth on the blueline, a guy who's been very good in the RSL and Czech League for essentially a throw-away pick isn't the worst option.
It's not depth on the blueline that's the worry, it's top end talent on the blueline... and unless this guy is the best-kept secret in hockey, this doesn't address that. This leaves the Oilers with 2 guys (Smith, Staios) best suited to a 2nd pairing role, and 5 guys (Bergeron, Greene, Tjarnstrom, Smid, and now Hejda) who you'd probably pencil into a 3rd pairing duties to start with.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Any idea what kind of defenceman he is? Based on his numbers, he looks like a stay-at-home type with decent size.

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
wheeler1*

Stupid trade on Lowes part! It seems the oilers are really becoming a an empty post-stanley cup final team that is losing key players to other team(ala Pronger,Peca,Samsonov and the list goes on. Lowe is going backwards instead of fowards after the playoffs.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:44 PM
HipCzech
Just win the game

Where's Checkraise? Dude another "star" for you to pimp.

HipCzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:45 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Stupid trade on Lowes part! It seems the oilers are really becoming a an empty post-stanley cup final team that is losing key players to other team(ala Pronger,Peca,Samsonov and the list goes on. Lowe is going backwards instead of fowards after the playoffs.
It may not be the best trade, but it's not like losing a 7th round pick is going to hurt the Oilers at all.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:46 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Pronger came out of no where, you could hardly blame Lowe for that mess.

Peca, Samsonov... we knew they were only going to be here for 1 year. That's why they were acquired.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Ganz
Dibs

vCash: 50
I trust Lowe. I don't think he's made a move defenseman wise that has hurt the team. Trust Lowe, Huddy & MacT can make even a garbage can into a solid defenseman.

Ganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
How is this stupid enough to deserve an exclamation point? Its posts like these that devalue this once-potent piece of punctuation. Poor exclamation point.

Superfluous U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
I just threw up all over the computer screen when I read that filth. You trade a 7th round pick for a 2003-2006 national team player and its a stupid trade on Lowes part? The guy is 28, 6'3 220 pounds could very well turn into a number 2-3 D. He wouldn't come over because he wouldnt play in the AHL because he knows he has skills. With Mact and Huddy coaching him he could turn out to be a huge steal. At the very worst we get a 6th d man that can play solid minutes and can step up if we have any players get hurt. Not every signing is going to be for a 6 mill player you fool. This is the type of signing that wins stanley cups. It is the small moves like this that shows why Lowe is hands down the best GM in the game.

This is your idea of a good trade to edmonton darrian hatcher.. to philly matt greene smid bergeron and a 1st.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipCzech View Post

Where's Checkraise? Dude another "star" for you to pimp.

Careful what you wish for.

Old
07-10-2006, 03:09 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Pronger came out of no where, you could hardly blame Lowe for that mess.

Peca, Samsonov... we knew they were only going to be here for 1 year. That's why they were acquired.
True. I just can't help but feel a bit bad for the oilers. I wish the oilers could have kept the players like Peca, Pronger , Samsonov etc. I think Lowe could have traded for a better d-man than the trade that happened today. Hejda hasn't even made his way to North America yet. Suchy or leetch or Markov would have fit the bill alot better.

Old
07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Seachd

Quote:
True. I just can't help but feel a bit bad for the oilers. I wish the oilers could have kept the players like Peca, Pronger , Samsonov etc. I think Lowe could have traded for a better d-man than the trade that happened today. Hejda hasn't even made his way to North America yet. Suchy or leetch or Markov would have fit the bill alot better.
Oh, so you just think the Oilers are done then. That's the first problem.

I like how according to some it's just as easy as a GM picking up the phone, and shabam... signed free agents.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
I'm guessing Hejda doesn't represent Lowe's final move of the off-season.

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Traktor*

Quote:

Neither has Malkin.. what's yor point?

Old
07-10-2006, 03:15 PM
wheeler1*

Hopefully Hejda plays for the Oilers and turns out to be a good d-man in the NHL. To me, it seems Lowe could have put together a better deal to aquire a d-man;he is usually a brilliant G.M . I respect Lowe alot, and I hope some better luck comes his way in terms of the off-season.

Old
07-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Geese_Howard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaise View Post
do you honestly think before you speak? you honestly think malkin and the other guy are comparable? the only thing they have in common is they play hockey, THATS IT, next your going to compare wayne gretzky to brent gretzky right?

dude, before you type something, just think abou it... ok?

Geese_Howard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I just threw up all over the computer screen when I read that filth. You trade a 7th round pick for a 2003-2006 national team player and its a stupid trade on Lowes part? The guy is 28, 6'3 220 pounds could very well turn into a number 2-3 D. He wouldn't come over because he wouldnt play in the AHL because he knows he has skills. With Mact and Huddy coaching him he could turn out to be a huge steal. At the very worst we get a 6th d man that can play solid minutes and can step up if we have any players get hurt. Not every signing is going to be for a 6 mill player you fool. This is the type of signing that wins stanley cups. It is the small moves like this that shows why Lowe is hands down the best GM in the game.

This is your idea of a good trade to edmonton darrian hatcher.. to philly matt greene smid bergeron and a 1st.

Actually, at worst, they give up a pick and leave Hejda the "out" clause to return to Europe if he's assigned to the minors. The level at which he's played makes it a very acceptable risk for the Oil, given the relative low asset cost and the potential value on-ice. Heck, many 7th rounders don't ever make a pro camp... let alone play well for a national team or on the world stage. It's a good deal.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard View Post
do you honestly think before you speak? you honestly think malkin and the other guy are comparable? the only thing they have in common is they play hockey, THATS IT, next your going to compare wayne gretzky to brent gretzky right?

dude, before you type something, just think abou it... ok?

Dude was pretty much saying that if you are not already playing in north america then you suck. Get real squid and stop hating.

Old
wheeler1*

Quote:
My point is that he hasn't played in the NHL yet and he is almost 30. He has no NHL experience , that's my point. I think Lowe he has something else up his sleeve ala Markov.

Old
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Hopefully Hejda plays for the Oilers and turns out to be a good d-man in the NHL. To me, it seems Lowe could have put together a better deal to aquire a d-man;he is usually a brilliant G.M . I respect Lowe alot, and I hope some better luck comes his way in terms of the off-season.
With respect to this deal, how much better could have it been? A 7th round pick is probably the least you can give up aside from "future considerations."

With respect to making a better deal for someone else, this will likely not be Lowe's final move of the offseason.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote