HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile was interesting about Jan Hejda

Old
07-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Bubba64

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Poile was interesting about Jan Hejda

Czech defenseman Jan Hejda goes from BUFFALO to EDMONTON. That is nothing special but according to hokej.cz NASHVILLE was also interesting about him... Hejda played for Czech rep. in 2003, 04, 05 World Cups ... From my view he is typical stay at home def... the Oilers needs him more than we...

Bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You know whats really interesting....

That if we were really interested, why we couldn't give up more than a 7th round pick...or the equivalent to that in a prospect for him.

07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
You know whats really interesting....

That if we were really interested, why we couldn't give up more than a 7th round pick...or the equivalent to that in a prospect for him.
we figured the price would be too high.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Do we really need more defensive prospects?

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 08:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Do we really need more defensive prospects?
He's not really a prospect. He's a pretty established stay at home guy who had a lot of success overseas\international competition. He's older..24 or 25. Basically a Zidlicky type in that he's proven a lot in Europe\Russia, but wants a pretty shot at making an NHL roster if he's going to leave a league where he has it pretty good and is a star.

Old
07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I know you guys are skeptical, but I'm fine with our defense, it's better than it was last year at this time.

Old
07-10-2006, 08:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I know you guys are skeptical, but I'm fine with our defense, it's better than it was last year at this time.
I think it has the potential to be better, but I'm skeptical.

I think you may be placing too much stock in theories like, "Well, Hamhuis had a year like Suter did in his rookie year, so Suter's sophomore year will see him emerge like Hamhuis did." I don't buy that...simply because Hamhuis's work ethic\maturity...as well as a lockout year between the two...seems to be considerably further ahead of Suter's. You never heard Hamhuis was slamming his equipment around or pouting over being benched the way Suter did. I expect great things from Weber...but with Timonen taking steps backward in his own end, Zids being...Zids...and the rest being rookies, I'm not as comfortable as you are. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right...but this time last year...we at least had a safety net in Eaton and Markov.

Old
07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Markov wasn't that good for us and Eaton wasn't as strong last season either.

I think we overrate experience at each position. This team has a lot of vets, we'll be fine.

I don't think Suter will be as good as Hammer this season, but I think he'll be better than Suter last season, I think Hammer will improve too, I think Weber will make huge strides as he gets more confidence. Kimmo might take a step back and Zids is what he is.

Klein, might not be as smart as Eaton but he's not nearly as passive either and he's faster and stronger and should be more aggressive.

Markov wasn't this great on the ice leader and surely wasn't an off the ice leader, so his "presence" might be overstated.

Remember when everyone feared us getting rid of Hulse, Houlder and Skrastins for Hamhuis (who was bashed by a ton of Admiral fans), Zidlicky and Eaton (nicknamed question Mark at the time)? To me that was the bigger risk, this change will be minor compared to that one. Witt and Markov played what 15 game together, so really we're replacing Markov, Witt was just a sub for him, and Eaton. Weber and Klein can do this easily.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba64 View Post
Czech defenseman Jan Hejda goes from BUFFALO to EDMONTON. That is nothing special but according to hokej.cz NASHVILLE was also interesting about him... Hejda played for Czech rep. in 2003, 04, 05 World Cups ... From my view he is typical stay at home def... the Oilers needs him more than we...
Another INFO about POILE TACTIC!!!!

From interview with Hejda

There is link but its in Czech language

http://hokej.idnes.cz/snad-me-na-far...4825_hokej_cig

At the Guestion about the dealing Hejda answered:
The manager from Nashville was too slow. I think that he doesnt like to make fast verdict. With Edmonton was everything realy fast....

Bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba64 View Post
Another INFO about POILE TACTIC!!!!

From interview with Hejda

There is link but its in Czech language

http://hokej.idnes.cz/snad-me-na-far...4825_hokej_cig

At the Guestion about the dealing Hejda answered:
The manager from Nashville was too slow. I think that he doesnt like to make fast verdict. With Edmonton was everything realy fast....

wait, what?
that sounds like something a UFA would say O_o
I mean... it was Buffalo that traded him, I dont see how what Hejda thought about either Nashville or Edmonton would influence the dealings at all... or is he speaking from the Buffalo GM's point of view?
Im confused =(

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote