HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

interesting comrie idea from calgary

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
interesting comrie idea from calgary

bruce dowbiggan (calgary herald lead writer) suggests the flames may be interested in comrie to address their scoring woes. His sources tell him that they are talking to Phillie about a deal that involves comrie and pikanen for Iginla.

We have heard the philly rumours but I couldn't figure out why they were looking at comrie. This makes a lot of sense.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:45 AM
Oiltalk

If Calgary could somehow get these two it would be crazy.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:05 AM
blah

Flyers aren't looking to add payroll plus dealing Pitkanen for anybody would make little sense.

Old
11-10-2003, 04:43 AM
Schai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lafleur
...he wants his privacy ..so he can visit the cross dressing homo bars he likes so much .

lol. That is pretty funny.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Mr Sakich

thats a side of comrie I never thought about. Maybe we have the next eric lindros on our hands.

In dowbiggan's article, he talks of a trade offer that clarke made last year at the deadline. It was gagne, pitkanen, and williams for iggy. Ultimately, it was CALGARY that turned the deal down (OMG, Sutter should be fired if that is true). The Flumes have plenty of defense so maybe they are interested in a gagne / comrie deal for iggy. That seems pretty fair to me.

That would leave a comrie for pitkanen / Williams trade to be mde. IMO, Phillie would be paying too much but what if lowe did this:

Comrie + Smith for williams, Pitkanen, and woytika or seidenberg?

The flyers would end up giving gagne, williams, pitkanen, and woytika for Iggy and smith. If the rumour that they would have done a williams, gagne, and pitkanen for iggy deal is true, then this is similar.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Flyers aren't looking to add payroll plus dealing Pitkanen for anybody would make little sense.
The article doesn't say anything about them trading Pitkanen now. It says that was offered at the trade deadline, before he had played an NHL game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Comrie + Smith for williams, Pitkanen, and woytika or seidenberg?
Nah. Comrie and Smith couldn't get Pitkanen alone, and if it could, I'd do it.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:37 AM
FacelessButcher

If we let Calgary get Comrie in a 3 way I assume we will be getting Phaneuf in the end of the deal. Thats who Lowe wanted to move up for right?Wonder what Calgary would do with Conroy?

Seems so far-fetched.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:47 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
The article doesn't say anything about them trading Pitkanen now. It says that was offered at the trade deadline, before he had played an NHL game.
I was replying to his post not the article.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Mr Sakich

the only grain of truth to this article is that clarke give up anything once he makes up his mind. If he is that convinced that Iggy is the best player in the nhl (debatable but plausible), thean he would give up the farm to get him.

I would be very happy with a comrie for pitkanen trade. I added the other players (smith and woytika) to even things up.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:19 AM
blah

I highly doubt Clarke thinks Iggy is the best player in the NHL.

You do realize that Clarke does have bosses and he can't just do whatever on a whim?

Old
11-10-2003, 06:46 AM
barto

Quote:
bruce dowbiggan (calgary herald lead writer) suggests the flames may be interested in comrie to address their scoring woes. His sources tell him that they are talking to Phillie about a deal that involves comrie and pikanen for Iginla.

We have heard the philly rumours but I couldn't figure out why they were looking at comrie. This makes a lot of sense.
So do address the Flames' scoring woes, they're going to move Iginla? Yikes.

In some ways, that would be kinda funny...Comrie agrees to play for Philly for less than $1.13M, then gets traded right away to Calgary. Heh.

So the Oilers would end up with...? Williams and Phaneuf?

And yes, Clarke has owners to report to, but it hasn't seemed to stop him from making many trades 'on a whim', from the looks of things...

Bart

Old
11-10-2003, 06:57 AM
PineJockey

C'mon people. Not only offensive but slanderous.

Quote:
Who would the Oil get ??????
Comrie would never go to a Cnadian city ...he wants his privacy ..so he can visit the cross dressing homo bars he likes so much .

Old
11-10-2003, 07:09 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
And yes, Clarke has owners to report to, but it hasn't seemed to stop him from making many trades 'on a whim', from the looks of things...
They're currently first in the division and don't look at all like they were built on the whims of one person.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
C'mon people. Not only offensive but slanderous.

and funny....

Old
11-10-2003, 07:22 AM
barto

Quote:
They're currently first in the division and don't look at all like they were built on the whims of one person.
They do to me... Don't you think Clarke has made some odd moves over the years? And sure, the Flyers have had some pretty good regular-season success, but look to me like they've underachieved in the playoffs for a while now. Just my take on it, others can agree or not.

Bart

Old
11-10-2003, 07:26 AM
blah

Quote:
If the Oil ended up with Gagne and Woywitka or Pittkanen it would be a great deal ..but i think Pitkanen is untouchable .
I believe Iggy is being shopped ..i mean how can the Flameouts afford 7.5 mill??????I mean if the Oil moved Comrie and Smith ..and ended up with a combo of Gagne , williams ,Woywitka , Phaneuf or Pitkanen ..ide say well done Lowe .Although the way the Williams kid is playing ..Gagne would be the more likely one moved .
As for Iggy i think he is in the top 5 player in the NHL ..but whats he got to play with in Calgary.On the Flyers he would be an incredible force .
Gagne, Phaneuf and Woywitka ..man the Oil D would be set for the next 15 years !!!!!!

Imagine the Battle of Alberta if Comrie was aFlame ..it would be a bloodbath ..that is if the Oiler players cant stand him .
Wow //i hope it happens !!!!!
Gagne may be available but he'd cost a lot. Iginla costs a lot as in 7.5 mil and the Flyers don't want to add payroll. Mortgaging your entire future really makes no sense just for the sake of Iginla.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
barto

Quote:
*snip*
Imagine the Battle of Alberta if Comrie was aFlame ..it would be a bloodbath ..that is if the Oiler players cant stand him .
Wow //i hope it happens !!!!!
I was thinking more of the irony of Comrie agreeing to a cheap contract so he can play with Philly, but then getting flipped right away to Calgary who then go on to miss the playoffs again... And think of Comrie playing for a guy like Sutter...!!! Gotta like that... SWEEEET. And that's why it probably wouldn't happen. I can't imagine Sutter wanting to bring a whiner like Comrie in. Ah well...fun to speculate!

Bart

Old
11-10-2003, 07:34 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
They do to me... Don't you think Clarke has made some odd moves over the years? And sure, the Flyers have had some pretty good regular-season success, but look to me like they've underachieved in the playoffs for a while now. Just my take on it, others can agree or not.

Bart
Outside of Hlavac for Brashear which worked out well for the Flyers I can't think of any questionable trades he's made in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

The only thing you can question is the Flyers reluctance to get a dominant goalie. Which befuddles me since they keep getting bumped out of the playoffs by teams w/ less talent but way better goalies. How many times does it have to happen before you say hmmmm.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Walsher

First of all - Pitkanen will never get traded from Philly, at least not in the next few years. He is supposed to be the next great defenseman - not even Clarke would be dumb enough to pull the trigger on him. Secondly, Lowe would never make a trade if he thought Comrie would end up against a division rival. That is a stupid thought that only a Calgary Sports writer would come up with.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:53 AM
blah

Lowe can't prevent a team from dealing Comrie once he's their property.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:07 AM
man.from.sean

Quote:
Outside of Hlavac for Brashear which worked out well for the Flyers I can't think of any questionable trades he's made in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

The only thing you can question is the Flyers reluctance to get a dominant goalie. Which befuddles me since they keep getting bumped out of the playoffs by teams w/ less talent but way better goalies. How many times does it have to happen before you say hmmmm.

What about the Oates trade?

Old
11-10-2003, 08:13 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by man.from.sean
What about the Oates trade?
Yeah can't believe I forgot that one. Nobody would've said anything if they won the Cup but they didn't. So it's def an enormous overpayment no matter what Maxime does.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:

3 weeks of adam oates for Ouellette, a first, a second, and a third was a little "questionable" at the time. Of course it worked out well for bobby as Oates did score 3 goals during his time with Phillie, but at the time it was a little questionable.

The Eric Lindros trade was a bit of an overpayment as well. Interesting thing, while researching clarke's trade history, I used google and entered: bobby clarke trade history. It came up with this page (2nd topic, 2nd page)

http://www.outsports.com/review/review080200.htm

this is not for the faint of heart.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:26 AM
barto

Quote:
3 weeks of adam oates for Ouellette, a first, a second, and a third was a little "questionable" at the time. Of course it worked out well for bobby as Oates did score 3 goals during his time with Phillie, but at the time it was a little questionable.

The Eric Lindros trade was a bit of an overpayment as well. Interesting thing, while researching clarke's trade history, I used google and entered: bobby clarke trade history. It came up with this page (2nd topic, 2nd page)

http://www.outsports.com/review/review080200.htm

this is not for the faint of heart.
Wow! You know, until today (reading this Oilers board), I had no idea there were such rumours out there about Lindros... Such a sheltered life I've been leading!

Bart

Old
11-10-2003, 08:27 AM
blah

I live in Philly and never heard that stuff before.

LMFAO wow.

Closed Thread