HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartford still undefeated...

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Hartford still undefeated...

won 2-0 and 4-3 this weekend. Garth had a fight, a shorthanded goal, an ES goal, and an assist over the weekend (Moore assisted on the SH goal). Chad Wiseman had a couple assists and a PP goal (assisted by Tjutin). Amazing how nobody in Hartford, despite not recording a hockey loss (I think they did lose won in OT) can help these Rangers. Perhaps the Rangers and Hartford should flip-flop coaches, as the similar systems seems to be working in one place, and not the other.

Old
11-10-2003, 07:25 AM
True Blue

It is a little amazing how in 6 years of being one of the worst teams in the league, there has not been one player from Hartford (under the age of 30) who was deemed capable of helping the big club.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:21 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Perhaps the Rangers and Hartford should flip-flop coaches, as the similar systems seems to be working in one place, and not the other.
it isn't the difference in coachs, it is the difference in having a team full of young, hungry kids that bust their arses each night vs having a team full of lazy, overpaid vets

Old
11-10-2003, 08:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
it isn't the difference in coachs, it is the difference in having a team full of young, hungry kids that bust their arses each night vs having a team full of lazy, overpaid vets

The Rangers have never had a minor league team comprised of mostly draft picks and college free agents.Usually the teams were stocked with the Brent Thompsons,Don Biggs and Jason Dawes of the world until this season.Look at the composition of the Hartford roster.Ryan McGill and Nick Fotiu have done a tremendous job.Where are all of the people who said McGill could not coach or was in over his head?Where is Anerein?Too bad Dan Blackburn has not seen any action due to his shoulder nerve damage.That is the only drawback to the Hartford season so far.They cleaned out the roster of the guys who did not want to be there-Richard Lintner,Nils Ekman,John Tripp and added younger and hungrier players.The atmosphere around the team is off the charts.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Too bad Dan Blackburn has not seen any action due to his shoulder nerve damage.
Too bad? Maybe too bad for Blackburn, but Osear and Labarbera have been on fire.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Too bad? Maybe too bad for Blackburn, but Osear and Labarbera have been on fire.

In the grand scheme,Dan Blackburn is a big piece of the Rangers present and future.Much bigger than Jason LaBarbera or the guy with the 25 game contract and two shutouts.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
In the grand scheme,Dan Blackburn is a big piece of the Rangers present and future.Much bigger than Jason LaBarbera or the guy with the 25 game contract and two shutouts.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm concerned about what happens to a young goaltender when he loses 6-12 months of development time in his most formative years. Right now, I'm not even thinking about Blackburn and with the play of Labarberra and Osaer, why should I?

Old
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
JR#9*

One thing I'd like to see is Danny get some time before the tighter defense we're playing rather than the thrown to the wolves approach we took in the last 2 yrs starting him in too many consecutive games behind a horrid defensive system that gave up everything and anything.

I still have high hopes for Blackie and think he will be an elite goaltender in a few yrs.

Old
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm concerned about what happens to a young goaltender when he loses 6-12 months of development time in his most formative years. Right now, I'm not even thinking about Blackburn and with the play of Labarberra and Osaer, why should I?
Right now, Blackburn is unable to play. Once he's healthy, he will get playing time in Hartford and Osaer will be the odd man out. And given the expectations surrounding Blackburn, his ability and his potential that's the way it should be. I don't expect him to take over from LaBarbera right away when he comes back, but ultimately Jason is going to be the backup in Hartford.

Old
11-10-2003, 02:51 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Right now, Blackburn is unable to play. Once he's healthy, he will get playing time in Hartford and Osaer will be the odd man out. And given the expectations surrounding Blackburn, his ability and his potential that's the way it should be. I don't expect him to take over from LaBarbera right away when he comes back, but ultimately Jason is going to be the backup in Hartford.
True, but I dont think I'd be so willing to drop Osaer so fast if he continues his stellar play. I mean, I know it is Dan Blackburn but Danny has been out of action since August and who knows when hell be back. By then if Osaer and Labarbera continue their success, Danny is only at most the backup to the hotter of the two.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
True, but I dont think I'd be so willing to drop Osaer so fast if he continues his stellar play. I mean, I know it is Dan Blackburn but Danny has been out of action since August and who knows when hell be back. By then if Osaer and Labarbera continue their success, Danny is only at most the backup to the hotter of the two.
You're kidding, right? There's no way Danny sits or becomes a backup when he's healthy. Osaer is NOT a rookie and wasn't even offered a contract after playing a total of 24 games for Worcester last season. And LaBarbera has done nothing in his professional career to prove that he is a #1 in the AHL, much less shown the potential to be anything more than an AHL player. They've gotten off to a good start, but let's not get carried away here. Neither one of them have moved past Blackburn on the depth chart.

Blackburn is 20 years old. He needs to play and play a lot once he's healthy. The AHL is supposed to be a developmental league. Blackburn needs to develop. Sounds like a match to me.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:10 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
it isn't the difference in coachs, it is the difference in having a team full of young, hungry kids that bust their arses each night
Are there any of those we can trade for some 32-year-olds who can help out the big club?

Closed Thread