HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Annoying Commercials...

Old
07-11-2006, 02:09 AM
TomPlex

vCash: 500
OT: Annoying Commercials...

Alright ladies and gents. Let's get this thread started. I know that everyone here has a commercial that irritates you beyond ever though possible. I have a few, some have even forced me to call the companies with a complaint because they're just so ******* annoying. Let me start this off with a list:

1) YARIS commercials. They make no sense whatsoever, and the music is so obnoxious and unnecessary. I hope every Yaris on this planet blows up.

2) Five Alive commercials. What? ... Seriously, what?!

3) Future Shop commercials that aired about 6 months ago with the two employees that decide to make a commercial instead of just a sign. They aired it in French as well, I'm sure you'll all recognize this:

"Les plus bas prix, garanties..."

I hope those two guys died. Seriously. I actually called Future Shop about this one. And it was even worse in French. The guy took my number and email down

and last but not least...

4) LILYDALE. I hope he ODs on Lilydale meat and dies. What an awful, awful commercial.

Alright, those are all the REALLY annoying ones that I can come up with. I'm sure there are plenty more that I have blocked out, but these ones surely deserve to never be aired again.

Please, indulge me on your favor... erm, most hated commercials!

EDIT: Can't forget the piss-poor YOPLAIT commercials with the annoying facial movements... wow.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Clumsyhab

I just can't stand the new Best Buy commercial with the guy screaming like a bi*tch because he found some DVDs that he wanted.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Le Maroons

How about the Cheetah commercial with Ben Johnson? Worst commercial of all time.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=970599119419

Last edited by Le Maroons: 07-11-2006 at 03:00 AM. Reason: added link
Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 04:31 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
1) YARIS commercials. They make no sense whatsoever, and the music is so obnoxious and unnecessary. I hope every Yaris on this planet blows up.

2) Five Alive commercials. What? ... Seriously, what?!
Im not sure what the Yaris commercials over there are like, but is it the 'bigsmall' one that gets shown over here? They are fairly annoying.

As for Five Alive, we don't get a commercial for that, but at least its a delicious drink. Or it was when I used to get cartons of it to take to school as a kid. Hopefully it hasn't changed.

As for other annoying ads, i can't think of a single bank/building society over here with a good advertising campaign. The Halifax always do irritating, cheesy songs, which force a channel change. Nationwide have an obnoxious guy, despite all their adverts, I still associate first with Nationwide and there is another one that keeps going on about trendy wine bars.

There are undoubtedly more, but I can't (or refuse) to think about them right now.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I just can't stand the new Best Buy commercial with the guy screaming like a bi*tch because he found some DVDs that he wanted.
Not to mention it sounds like they ripped the idea from a Simpson episode where Flanders screams like a little girl over purple drapes.

My own "favorite", well I don't remember the product name as I think it was a total flop (big surprise) but it's the ad that goes rip, slip, brush, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! with people dancing in a subway.

Wonderful product used to stick a finger down your throat in public rather than go brush your teeth in a bathroom like normal people do. The ad was as dumb as the product.

I think the zoom-zoom ads have also prevented me from ever buying a Mazda.

On average I'd say that I hate 90% of the ads I see, with at least 50% I really despise. The publicity world is a subject I could rant on for days, I loath it, I hate everything about it, especially the ads where they use kids or cute made up love stories to sell me more junk. Those guys are pure evil.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Hmmm.

1. That commercial with the 3 people at the World Cup. So annoying!

2. The Sidney Crosby Gatorade commercial is way too overplayed

3. ANY home hardware commercial. "I'll start with you" THAT MAN MUST DIE.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Turbo

That molson dry ad from last year that played over and over and over and over and over on RDS during Habs broadcasts.

Most retarded thing ever and made no sense. "Ca, c'est un souvenir Molson Dry..." where everything freezes and the idiot walks through trying to lecture us on something or another. What souvenir? Molson Dry causes people to freeze like statues? Huh?

I would yell at the TV everytime Houde would call for a 2 minute break because I knew it was coming...

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Habber

The Subway ones with Jon Lovitz. Used to think he was funny, but now I just want to punch him in the face as hard as I can.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Rogers cellphones. Usually, they're OK, but the one this summer with that song taken from Passe-Partout "L'été, l'été, l'été c'est fait pour jouer"...

This commercial gives me killing urges...

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
The Subway ones with Jon Lovitz. Used to think he was funny, but now I just want to punch him in the face as hard as I can.
John lovitz is a dog turd, I loved him in the producers though ....

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Hands in my pocket, hands in my pocket, hands in my pocket...

Old
07-11-2006, 09:36 AM
BORAT

Borat Hates :

#1 Rogers Commercial : the music and the red and green colors...

#2 SuBwAy !!! EaT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAResh ... bring back the Jared guy

#3 THE BEARDED CANADIAN TIRE Turd, that guy needs to CHOKE ON HIS MONROE BRakes !!!!!!!!! arggggggh !!!!!!!!!!! ( it gets worst in french )

#4 Those MILK Commercials ... GOT MILK !!!!!!!!!YEEEEEEEEEAH YEEEEEEEEAH YEEEEEEEEAH ****** milk

Old
07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
LeMAD

Any Tim Hortons or Canadian Tire commercials: They seem to be made somewhere in the prairies and targetted for a Canadian audience, but here in Quebec they feel really weird. I don't know how to explain it, but we can't relate to that crap. And the people in the Canadian Tire ads are such good actors....

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Borat Hates :

#1 Rogers Commercial : the music and the red and green colors...

#2 SuBwAy !!! EaT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAResh ... bring back the Jared guy

#3 THE BEARDED CANADIAN TIRE Turd, that guy needs to CHOKE ON HIS MONROE BRakes !!!!!!!!! arggggggh !!!!!!!!!!! ( it gets worst in french )

#4 Those MILK Commercials ... GOT MILK !!!!!!!!!YEEEEEEEEEAH YEEEEEEEEAH YEEEEEEEEAH ****** milk
So true...

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Rogers cellphones. Usually, they're OK, but the one this summer with that song taken from Passe-Partout "L'été, l'été, l'été c'est fait pour jouer"...

This commercial gives me killing urges...
Word.

Old
07-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Montrealer

All of these commercials were genius because people talk incessently about how much they hate them, and there is no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to products.

Even if you won't buy it (I won't buy commercials that talk down to me, for example), just the fact that it becomes a water-cooler conversation piece is enough to make an impact.

Now, with that out of the way, I would say I also hated the disposable finger-toothbrush ads (although the product was a decent idea for camping trips and the like and I'm sure they still sell them), and I hate the BK bucking chicken ad. In fact, BK has awful, awful commercials... stupid creepy King!

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
LeHab

The budweiser and Adidas commercials during World Cup.
The one where people chant "viiiidéoooo en stéééééréoooo".

Probably more...

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Kafka

Why not starting a thread on GOOD commercials??? There are so rare the list would be faster to write.

Personnaly, I dislike every add that take people for morons: beer and car commercials, axe/tag, brault-martineau/leon/brick, futureshop/bestbuy.........

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Why not starting a thread on GOOD commercials??? There are so rare the list would be faster to write.

Personnaly, I dislike every add that take people for morons: beer and car commercials, axe/tag, brault-martineau/leon/brick, futureshop/bestbuy.........
Agree, but the Future Shop commercials where they just fill in the name of the sale using a goofy voiceover is a stroke of genius.

"How can you afford to have such low prices for your (LOUD VOICE) BIG SCREEN TV (/LOUD VOICE) sale?"

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

I don't know, that anti-Leafs Best Buy commercial is right up there with ym all-time favs

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:41 AM
phil

at least Canadian Tire stoped producing those christmas time adds with the elf called "Gratteu" I wanted to throw my TV out by the window every time I saw them...

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Guy Germaine

That stupid Ford commercial with the dorky American Idol winner.

"I get what I want, I got what I need...."

it's done it's job though, everytime I see a Ford now, I sing that friggin song.
********!!

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
All of these commercials were genius because people talk incessently about how much they hate them, and there is no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to products.

Even if you won't buy it (I won't buy commercials that talk down to me, for example), just the fact that it becomes a water-cooler conversation piece is enough to make an impact.

Now, with that out of the way, I would say I also hated the disposable finger-toothbrush ads (although the product was a decent idea for camping trips and the like and I'm sure they still sell them), and I hate the BK bucking chicken ad. In fact, BK has awful, awful commercials... stupid creepy King!

You are of course absolutely correct. Annoyance and all, you end up having that product in your mind and that's only good for them.

And yeah, *** is up with that creepy BK king? You'd think people would be scared away from their restaurant.

Old
07-11-2006, 10:51 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post

Except for the fact I ran away from the Rogers stall in Fairview and headed straight to the Bell one, I'd rather have 2 weird homo beavers than those stupid 3D glasses M*ther*********rs

Old
07-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Pats Habs

These have been mentioned but I have such disdain for them that I must repeat:

"Hand in my pocket, hand in my pocket..." - I don't even know whose ad this is?! a bank I assume. and I've seen/heard it waaaaaay too many times!

The creepy Burger King king. The couple goes through the tunnel on a tandem bike and on the other end she's gone and that freak is on the back with his psychotic grin! Jeezuz, I'd be turtling the bike pretty quick and taking a flying heel kick at that giant plastic head of his, destroying it once and for all!
ahhh, that felt good. Maybe now the nightmares will subside....

Finally, I never liked or disliked the ad for Kelloggs All Bran Strawberry (Bites?). The girl with the giant red hair....
Anyway, when it first aired the guy saw her and it was assumed (rightfully so) that her hair reminded him of strawberrys (unsaid).
But now he explains it as if talking to a bunch of morons ..."um, because her hair looks like a strawberry..."
I change the channel every time that one comes on.

Pats Habs is offline   Reply With Quote