HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Owen Nolan @ TSC??

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Owen Nolan @ TSC??

According to a poster on 'another' Kings site, Owen was at TSC today...if it was posted he was spotted at Taco Bell, I wouldn't have imparted this morsel...but

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=37185

Old
07-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Osprey

2/3rds of that thread is garbage. I'm so glad that the ability to have civilized discussion is so much higher around here.

As for the sighting, I can only imagine that that means that Nolan was or is going be taking a physical. I'm, personally, excited about that. For a low base + incentives, I'd sign him. Thanks PJB.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
If it's true, I'd expect a signing soon.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:11 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
2/3rds of that thread is garbage. I'm so glad that the ability to have civilized discussion is so much higher around here.

As for the sighting, I can only imagine that that means that Nolan was or is going be taking a physical. I'm, personally, excited about that. For a low base + incentives, I'd sign him. Thanks PJB.
I'll bite. Why? The guy hasn't played in 2 years! Convince me!

Old
07-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:

Correct on all accounts, even if I am worried that he may not be able to keep up. He's a tough SOB, I like him.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Tadite

Quote:

Bah. Anything from that "other" site should be taken with one heck of a grain of salt.

But I suppose it makes sense to sign Nolan.... Although I am not sure about a big slow injuried PF in the age of speed and skill.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Capn Brown

Ah, would that be "former Shark" Owen Nolan? Hmmmmm. Go figure.....

Old
07-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
I'll bite. Why? The guy hasn't played in 2 years! Convince me!
He played most of last season in a men's league, so it's not quite accurate to say that he hasn't played in 2 years. As for convincing you, I can't, because none of us know what kind of shape he's in or how he'll work out. He may pan out or he may not; it's a low-risk, high-reward venture. I'm willing to give that venture a chance, though, because he's 100% healthy and played last year, as I said.

Old
07-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Face Wash

He's been away from the NHL for 2 years right?

Old
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Quote:
He played most of last season in a men's league, so it's not quite accurate to say that he hasn't played in 2 years. As for convincing you, I can't, because none of us know what kind of shape he's in or how he'll work out. He may pan out or he may not; it's a low-risk, high-reward venture. I'm willing to give that venture a chance, though, because he's 100% healthy and played last year, as I said.

After what he did to Toronto I would be happy if the Kings passed on Nolan. I've played in a men's league last year too. Can I try out? Seriously, I do not think they should waste a spot on him, or me.

Old
07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
After what he did to Toronto I would be happy if the Kings passed on Nolan. I've played in a men's league last year too. Can I try out? Seriously, I do not think they should waste a spot on him, or me.
Agreed. Well, at least as far as Nolan goes.

Old
07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
tomd

Blake, Thornton, McCauley, Willsie, and now possilby Nolan. if DT were still at the helm, the cries of "dumster diving" and "bottom feeding" would be at a fever pitch.

Old
07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Fielddog

Quote:
This place reminds me of the old Rivals site. If you post something over there with any kind of opinion, you had better be ready for a fight. Kinda peaceful around here

Old
07-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Goallum

Great, another bash LGK thread. You do realize that half the people who post here are active posters there as well (including the person who started this thread)?

Old
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
Great, another bash LGK thread. You do realize that half the people who post here are active posters there as well (including the person who started this thread)?
And I bet that those over here are the few really good posters over there, not the ones who waste everyone's time with lame "Taco Bell" references and "First!" posts. As for "bashing," I don't know if you were replying to me or not, but I made an accurate observation and criticism about many of the users there, not the site, itself.

Old
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
the more people that stay exclusive to LGK the better.

Oh, and as per the thread topic... yeah, sure, why not, who cares, what's it gonna matter.

Old
07-12-2006, 04:30 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i was the first to bash someone at Taco Bell!

Closed Thread