HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie - the way the fans see it so far ...

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 08:45 AM
igor*

vCash: 500
Comrie - the way the fans see it so far ...

Just curious to see how Comrie's foray onto HNIC helped his cause. So I did 'pick the villain' polls at HF and OilFans.

Comrie is the least favourite in both polls. Though at HF, where the fans are a bit older ... there is even less love for wee Mikey.

With benefit of hindsight ... probably not a good move by Comrie to go on national TV. All it seems to have done, if anything, is shift some of the stink from Winter to Comrie himself.

EDIT: Note this is the sum totals from both polls.

Old
11-10-2003, 08:57 AM
momentai

We probably saw this coming. Comrie took himself right smack dab into the media spotlight when it was Rich Winter doing most of the talking before. Comrie exposed himself to the public (desperation act more than likely) and it doesn't surprise me at all that this could be the result.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:02 AM
PineJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
We probably saw this coming. Comrie took himself right smack dab into the media spotlight when it was Rich Winter doing most of the talking before. Comrie exposed himself to the public (desperation act more than likely) and it doesn't surprise me at all that this could be the result.
Yep, especially since he broke the confidentiality agreement only to say that his feelings are hurt because the management felt his play had "levelled off". Not much there to sympathize with.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:50 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Well, the results would be more scientific if the teenage puck-bunny segment of the fanbase was better represented on message-boards (or if they could operate computers, for that matter) but I think the trend is pretty clear. If Comrie's wondering why people are behind management instead of him, he can thank people like Curtis Joseph and Doug Weight and all the others who taught Edmonton fans how things work.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:19 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
EDIT: Note this is the sum totals from both polls.
A 96% against identifier might be somewhat skewed statistically because of the target responders and small poll response numbers but the trend still skewers the Winters/Comrie bargaining image. I see an image of a worm and a larva squirming on the end of a pin buried deeply into the corkboard of public opinion. Hard to spin a reality and force K-lo to act on any timetable but his own when the fan base is so solidly behind our GM. Even when the current CBA is supposed to work for small market teams the greedy agent/players try throwing down the Big Market ace in the hole - I'm worth more elsewhere. Unfortunately for Mikey, his ace was just some Joker. I think the laughs are Rich with irony now.

Closed Thread