HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Panthers get Leisure Vest Ludzik

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Oceanic39*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
I have to agree here, probably most Panther fans will, Rimmer and Potvin are pretty annoying. But they don't even come close to the homerism that I have had to endure over what seems like a lifetime of listening to Bob Cole and HArry Neale on the Leafs.
What's a Panther fan doing in London?

Old
11-13-2003, 10:29 AM
petec1978*

Quote:
Hiding from that thing on Rick Dudley's head.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-13-2003, 11:24 AM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
One day I'm going to finally get around to compiling a "Best of Pete Choquette" thread and among the gems will be this one from the Panthers board:

Quote:
I mean, Jesus Christ, if Rick Dudley told you his poops tasted like caviar your ignorant *** would take him on faith and be down in the bowl trying to fish one out and put it on a cracker.

Like him or not, you've got to admit his posts are damn entertaining to read.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:52 AM
petec1978*

Thank you joe.

Its funny that particular PantherNation member says I got "run off" of AOL with second hand information because he himself got run off of there because of a fued he had with one or two posters.

Politically though, this is a bad thing because he will run and cry to Fischel now.

I know the Lightning fans and staff here stand behind me though, so I'm not worried.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Rschmitz

I liked the way Lukowich handled that 2 on 1 by the Panthers

Old
11-13-2003, 01:08 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
Thank you joe.

Its funny that particular PantherNation member says I got "run off" of AOL with second hand information because he himself got run off of there because of a fued he had with one or two posters.

Politically though, this is a bad thing because he will run and cry to Fischel now.

I know the Lightning fans and staff here stand behind me though, so I'm not worried.

-Pete Choquette
I believe it's FEUD, as in , I am in the middle of a major feud with PantherNation.-Zombie

Old
11-13-2003, 01:11 PM
petec1978*

Good for you PantherNation. Now go master the contraction "you're" and you'll be ready for the FCATTs.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-13-2003, 01:15 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Good for you PantherNation. Now go master the contraction "you're" and you'll be ready for the FCATTs.

-Pete Choquette
I didn't write "you're". By the way, I forgot to laugh at my own joke so here it goes..... -Zombie

Old
11-13-2003, 02:22 PM
petec1978*

If you had paid attention to the thread on the Panthers board you might've gotten the joke. Sorry. I assumed too much. Asking someone from a fan base where they can't even read "BOYLE" on the back of a jersey to actually read and comprehend a whole 5 page thread was unrealistic.

Next time I'll just put in an allusion to the classic "See Spot Run" instead. There's something on your reading level with the kind of riveting subject matter that most Panther fans can stay glued to.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Just so you know Pete is Trolling the Panther boards...again.
Let me take this opportunity to reiterate what I told you privately for the benefit of ALL (this includes a few Caps and Canes fans who've felt the need to troll here lately):

1. I do not care WHAT Pete - or anyone else for that matter - is posting on the Panthers board or any other team board. If you have a problem with what he's doing over there, complain to Heimy or Mark first, and don't post about it here.
Quote:
and it would be so easy to talk trash here after the game last night
2. Well it's a good thing you didn't because a good look at the FAQ reveals this:
Quote:
Posting (aka trolling) for the specific purpose of inflaming other users will result in loss of posting priviledges
i.e., we're here to talk about the Bolts: games, players, prospects, past, future, etc. If you want to discuss anything relating to that topic (as most of you are doing in this thread, thankfully) or ask for input on Bolts players, then you're welcome to post here and none of us really care where you're from or what team you're a fan of. We're generally a polite and friendly bunch who love nothing more than to talk about our team.

As for anything else, the standard line from my boss here is: "if you want to talk smack, give Jim Rome a call". If your purpose here is to attempt to tick someone off, say, by correcting their spelling, then you need to think twice before you post.

I know I'm probably killing some of the fun for my posters, but the quality is taking a nosedive here as the trolling is increasing, and I wanted to say something about it before it gets any worse.

Quote:
P.S. Dudley still deserves credit for building your team.
Enough already

EDIT: Not meaning to single you out Crossbar, nothing personal, you just provided very good examples

Old
11-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
If you had paid attention to the thread on the Panthers board you might've gotten the joke. Sorry. I assumed too much. Asking someone from a fan base where they can't even read "BOYLE" on the back of a jersey to actually read and comprehend a whole 5 page thread was unrealistic.

Next time I'll just put in an allusion to the classic "See Spot Run" instead. There's something on your reading level with the kind of riveting subject matter that most Panther fans can stay glued to.

-Pete Choquette
Coming from a guy who can't read an article properly like your favorite "The Southeast Shall Rise " and not correctly establishing that Dudley traded FOR Kevin Weekes and misinterpreting that Dudley traded AWAY Kevin Weekes and then accusing the writer of being inaccurate I'd say thats a compliment there Bolty. BTW I believe you were making fun of "PantherNation" that the thread concerning the same topic on the Panther board was closed, guess what there pal the thread concerning the same topic on your board was closed too, don't feel bad LOL

Old
11-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Crossbar

Sorry Sotnos I posted that last one right before I read yours but I promise I will stop just had to express some tough love to Pete. Go Southeast Division and go state of Florida hockey!!!

Old
11-13-2003, 03:18 PM
petec1978*

For the fifth or sixth time about that article...

Is that what it says? Lets check the article:

Quote:
Former GM Rick Dudley, who now runs Tampa's archenemy in the Florida Panthers, was bold enough to obtain Nikolai Khabibulin and trade a solid goalkeeper in Kevin Weekes
No matter how you slice this its an error. Its either a factual mistake, because Feaster traded Weekes, or its a mistake in that it omits a word, "for". I'm not misinterpreting anything. Its a M-I-S-T-A-K-E.

God, why do I bother? If PantherNation can't even read a monosyllabic word like "B-O-Y-L-E" what chance do any of them possibly have with one like "MISTAKE"?

Anyway, that's the FIRST major mistake in the article. SECOND major mistake:

Quote:
Lecavalier is to Tampa what Kovalchuk or Heatley is to Atlanta. He is the face of the team, the dynamic player who was a No. 1 overall draft pick and heralded as the "next Mario Lemieux" by the team's former owner.
Art Williams didn't compare Lecavalier to Mario Lemieux. He compared him to Michael freaking Jordan. EVERYONE knows this and every time Lecavalier's name came up his first few years in his career the Michael Jordan comparison followed. Which makes me ask, where has this jabronie Libero been the last half decade? Hiding under a rock somewhere? Writing a book report on "See Spot Run" with the members of PantherNation?

And that's to say nothing of the fact the article irresponsibly fails to mention Lecavalier and Richards weren't acquired on Dudley's watch. There isn't even a single mention of Esposito or Demers! It also irresponsibly fails to mention that Art Williams sold the team to Bill Davidson after just one year and that PS&E has owned the Lightning for a long time now. A responsible journalist wouldn't have implied the current owner said that about the player. Libero isn't a responsible journalist.

Long story short: THAT ARTICLE IS TRASH. Misguided feel good propaganda, and the fact PantherNation keeps pointing to it proves: PANTHERNATION IS TRASH.

Hasta crossbar. You're dismissed.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-14-2003, 04:26 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Long story short: THAT ARTICLE IS TRASH.
Yes it is. Sorry, but any article with such glaring factual inaccuracies just doesn't deserve to be cited anywhere. If someone can't even get a few (easily verifiable) facts straight, it doesn't inspire confidence in whatever else is contained there.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Rschmitz

Damn, Sotnos laying down the law. Its nice to see shades of grey doesn't hold merit for the unprivelidged only. Way to show your true colors bro

Old
11-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Damn, Sotnos laying down the law. Its nice to see shades of grey doesn't hold merit for the unprivelidged only. Way to show your true colors bro
Can you translate that please? If it's insulting, I suggest you tell me privately.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:01 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
ANYTHING is better than the Leafs, even the Lightning :p

Old
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Oceanic39*

I used to live in Ridgetown -- just up the 401 from you -- and was a Nordique fan.

Anything but the Leafs, indeed.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
If it's insulting
Its not, explaining it defeats the purpose though

Old
11-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Oceanic39*

I'm with ya Sotnos... I had no idea what the heck that was saying.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Its not, explaining it defeats the purpose though
Fair enough, but there are a lot of us over-20 types on this board who haven't got the foggiest what you typed there. Try to think of us poor old folks in the future!

Old
11-14-2003, 02:10 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
I used to live in Ridgetown -- just up the 401 from you -- and was a Nordique fan.

Anything but the Leafs, indeed.
Oh yes, I have played hockey there! It's not actually London where I am from, its Parkhill, just not a lot of people know where that is.

Yup, some real good rough games between Ridgetown

Old
11-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Fair enough, but there are a lot of us over-20 types on this board who haven't got the foggiest what you typed there. Try to think of us poor old folks in the future!

Translation: Your a good hockey fan and aren't afraid to show your support.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
For the fifth or sixth time about that article...

Is that what it says? Lets check the article:

No matter how you slice this its an error. Its either a factual mistake, because Feaster traded Weekes, or its a mistake in that it omits a word, "for". I'm not misinterpreting anything. Its a M-I-S-T-A-K-E.

God, why do I bother? If PantherNation can't even read a monosyllabic word like "B-O-Y-L-E" what chance do any of them possibly have with one like "MISTAKE"?

Anyway, that's the FIRST major mistake in the article. SECOND major mistake:

Art Williams didn't compare Lecavalier to Mario Lemieux. He compared him to Michael freaking Jordan. EVERYONE knows this and every time Lecavalier's name came up his first few years in his career the Michael Jordan comparison followed. Which makes me ask, where has this jabronie Libero been the last half decade? Hiding under a rock somewhere? Writing a book report on "See Spot Run" with the members of PantherNation?

And that's to say nothing of the fact the article irresponsibly fails to mention Lecavalier and Richards weren't acquired on Dudley's watch. There isn't even a single mention of Esposito or Demers! It also irresponsibly fails to mention that Art Williams sold the team to Bill Davidson after just one year and that PS&E has owned the Lightning for a long time now. A responsible journalist wouldn't have implied the current owner said that about the player. Libero isn't a responsible journalist.

Long story short: THAT ARTICLE IS TRASH. Misguided feel good propaganda, and the fact PantherNation keeps pointing to it proves: PANTHERNATION IS TRASH.

Hasta crossbar. You're dismissed.

-Pete Choquette
No sorry Pete you are the one who is wrong if you can't establish that he traded FOR Weekes, it was listing the POSITIVES if you weren't bright enough to know that and how exactly is trading away Weekes for a useless goon like Dingman and a never will be in Willis a positive??? Hell how is trading away a STARTER in Weekes a positive??? That trade was a complete bust so If you can't establish that it was trading FOR Weekes then thats your problem not the writer, but of course I wouldn't expect much from you anyhow.

As for the misinterpretation saying Lemieux instead of Jordan who the hell cares???? For one thing making comparisons to a player outside its sport is stupid so thank the writer for making your owner seem to "look" smart by comparing him to Lemieux instead of Jordan but for another thing there will never be another Jordan just like there will never be another Gretzky.

Adios Pete. You are the weakest link...GOODBYE.

Old
11-16-2003, 12:11 PM
petec1978*

Quote:
No sorry Pete you are the one who is wrong if you can't establish that he traded FOR Weekes
Does it use the word "for" monkey? No. Therefore its a MISTAKE. You know, like what happened when your father and mother chose not to use contraception? MISTAKE.

Quote:
Hell how is trading away a STARTER in Weekes a positive???
Except he wasn't a starter in Tampa and he was eating $1.5M of a payroll that at the time was under $30M. Contrary to little Ricky and Val Bure, we don't waste a large percentage of limited economic resources on a largely useless player.

Quote:
As for the misinterpretation saying Lemieux instead of Jordan who the hell cares????
He should. Its as asinine as saying Taft is buried in Grant's tomb. EVERY hockey fan worth his salt knows Lecavalier was compared to Jordan by the Lightning's (then) owner. That you and Libero never got that memo goes to show you're not much in the way of hockey fans.

Quote:
For one thing making comparisons to a player outside its sport is stupid so thank the writer for making your owner
HELLO MORON! FOR THE SEVENTH TIME NOW ART WILLIAMS IS NO LONGER THE OWNER OF THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING. HE HASN'T BEEN FOR OVER FOUR FREAKING YEARS NOW!!!!

LEARN TO READ!!!

Quote:
You are the weakest link...GOODBYE.
Wow, quoting a gameshow that fell out of style 3 years ago. Aren't you the epitome of cool? Maybe if we're lucky you'll grace us with a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" rehash.

The money's on the dresser, I'm through with you crossbar. We ALL are on this board.

-Pete Choquette

Closed Thread