Morrow-Barnes-Stefan
Hagman-Halpern-Miets
Tjarnqvist-Ott-Barnaby

Zubie-Sydor
Modry-Boucher
daley-Klemm

extras

Lessard, Erikkson, Janne, Roby

I imagine that the lines will not look anything like that come the season. It does say that the organization wants to replace Guerin with either Lessard or Erikkson and that Jokinin could play center on the second line. Its hard to see how erikkson and Lessard can both make this team unfortunately barring a deal.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Alistar

vCash: 500
for those of us living outside of Dallas, how did the paper come up with these lines? are they nearing pure speculation? or is it provided by the coaching staff or something?
I like the defensive pairings =) Sydor/Zubov and Modry/Boucher obviously have played togather with good success before, and Daley rejoins Klemm on the 3rd line.
lookslike Robidas is the odd man out, and with his contract he might well be traded =( hopefully we can lowball some team with cap trouble into a trade for a good scoring winger or center ^^

I can honestly say I think we're in good position to win the division next year. =) I dont care what other people say... I mean, I live in Edmonton (yeah its tough being a stars fan, I did formally live in the states which is the reason for my alleigance to the stars and not the oilers like the rest of the brainwashed yokels up here) and I know when Chris Pronger came in here all of them were talking about how Edmonton was a cinch for top in the division and would easily compete for a stanely cup (which of course they did in time, but only cause of a fluke run ;D)
in reality they finished 8th overall, AGAIN. I dont think 1 or 2 players make a team, and I also am a huge subscriber to the idea that teams tend to stay where they are in the NHL standings and dont move up or down the standings too much from year to year. Call me insane, but I still see Dallas, Detroit, and Calgary at the top of the Western Conference in 2007 - with Anaheim, San Jose, and Nashville duking it out for the 4 through 6 spots =)
so long as the Management team keeps on making good solid trades and aquisitions, we'll be good for another few years yet.

Last edited by Alistar: 07-12-2006 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Forgot Nashville =(
Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Famous Flames

I'd say it's speculation.

Famous Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Starsdude

Mike Hieka wrote the article. he is the stars beat writer. Unfortunately he is also the guy who writes for dallas in the hockey news so much of the stars news is rehashed there. He knows hockey well enough but rarely has scoop that I can remember. I think what this shows is Army has cornered the market on lower pairing d-men and 3/4 line centers/wingers.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I think Barnes might be dealt, with Halpern replacing him, and Stefan or Halpern will be the 2nd line Center, opening the spot for Lessard or Eriksson, on the 2nd or 3rd line.
Depending on where Miettinen plays.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Miets will stay on 3rd line with Hagman IMO.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Alistar

I just remember last year how Sports Illustrated up here in Canada predicted that Dallas would finish 23rd or something in the league, and 4th in their division =p so excuse me if Im not ready to sell the farm just yet lol

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
I just remember last year how Sports Illustrated up here in Canada predicted that Dallas would finish 23rd or something in the league, and 4th in their division =p so excuse me if Im not ready to sell the farm just yet lol
Everyone pretty much did sadly.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote