HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp, Day Three (Wednesday)

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2006, 09:14 PM
jurtur

vCash: 500
Thanks for the great report riseandfall and pjb , I also like to hear about Kopitar even if it is the stuff I already know about him .
Thanks a lot and I didnt know he wants to be like Joe Thorton , who is also one of my favourite centers .

Old
07-12-2006, 09:47 PM
riseandfall9

[QUOTE=Fielddog;6006759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Back with my 3rd Report.

BRIAN BOYLE: Boyle played defense all day today. And when i first saw the guy play i thought he totally blew. But he has really impressed me these last 2 days at camp.

R&F,
Did you go to Monday's camp? I watched most of it and Boyle was awful. It sounds like he
has really stepped up his play. I have been ripped on the other Kings site, for even mentioning that he was slow. Thanks for the report
Yes sir. If you read my Report for Monday. I said that he was a huge disapointment and that he cant skate , cant see the ice well ect...But he honestly stepped it up after Monday. Hes even showing a little finesse in his touch. Im looking very forward to the game tommarow. Hopefully its not packed though

Old
07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
LuLuBelle

Quote:
There is only about 2 knocks on O`Sullivan. #1 that hes definatly not good for PR because he is sort of like a jerk like Brendan Shanhan. ...I also want to add that Kopitar is great for PR. Hes a really nice respectful kid and he smiles alot and hes not so much of a grouch as O`Sullivan. But either way I am happy to have them both.

Enjoy Osprey
What makes you say O'Sullivan is a grouch? How does he act? What does he do? Why do you think he's a jerk?

Details, please! I want to know why you think that. Thanks.

Old
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
much worse than Carl Lindros...

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/whoselifeisit/story.html
Thanx for the article, it is nice to see a player that stuck with hockey after something like that. Playing hockey here in Canada i've seen many dads like that, (although never anything this bad), and usually it ends up that the kid, usually quite talented, just winds up saying "screw it" and quits. Good story.

P.S. Thanx a million for the writeups to everybody that has been doing them.

Old
07-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuBelle View Post
What makes you say O'Sullivan is a grouch? How does he act? What does he do? Why do you think he's a jerk?

Details, please! I want to know why you think that. Thanks.
He's just upset that O'Sullivan didn't give him a hug and call him "bro."

Old
07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He's just upset that O'Sullivan didn't give him a hug and call him "bro."
Not really? Dont say stupid **** like you know me or somthen. The guy is a grouch. Ask anyone who has met him or seen him.

Old
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Not really? Dont say stupid **** like you know me or somthen. The guy is a grouch. Ask anyone who has met him or seen him.
Was this a demonstration of what O'Sullivan's like?

Old
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Well I had been planning all week for going down today (Thursday) to watch the morning practices, and what happens? I end up in the freakin' hospital. Stupid appendix. Now I have to sit here and read everyone else's reports about the prospects (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'd also like to formulate my own opinions). I'm pretty much screwed now since I have to go back to school the beginning of September, and the only Kings' games I'll get on TV will be on OLN or Vs. or whatever it is. I'm doubting the Kings will be on OLN much, so I'm in for another year of not watching Kings hockey for most of the year. Damn surgery. I can barely walk my abdomen/midsection hurts so much.

Old
07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
He's a grouch eh? Any relation to this guy? [IMAGE]http://www.usaweekend.com/98_issues/981101/images/111oscartiffsilho.jpg[/IMAGE]

Old
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Give me a break. I was there - O'Sullivan didn't come off as anything other than a kid trying to focus on his work on the ice (the entire Kings brass was there watching for crissakes). What do you expect him to do? Pose for pictures and sign autographs of his Wild draft card? Some of you people could really benefit from being respectful of other people, namely 19 and 20 year old kids who are away from home trying to ensure they are able to earn a living doing what they have dreamt of for years.

He didn't smile at you and shake your hand. Who gives a ****. I wouldn't either.

Old
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Give me a break. I was there - O'Sullivan didn't come off as anything other than a kid trying to focus on his work on the ice (the entire Kings brass was there watching for crissakes). What do you expect him to do? Pose for pictures and sign autographs of his Wild draft card? Some of you people could really benefit from being respectful of other people, namely 19 and 20 year old kids who are away from home trying to ensure they are able to earn a living doing what they have dreamt of for years.

He didn't smile at you and shake your hand. Who gives a ****. I wouldn't either.
Actually he did smile at me shake my hand and he gave me 1 of his sticks and signed it for me . So ****.

P.S. I dont touch nerds hands like urs HA!

Old
07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Actually he did smile at me shake my hand and he gave me 1 of his sticks and signed it for me . So ****.
And you're still claiming that he's a "grouch?"

Quote:
P.S. I dont touch nerds hands like urs HA!
Zing!

Old
07-14-2006, 01:29 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
And you're still claiming that he's a "grouch?"

Zing!
Being a grouch, doesnt mean hes not nice? I said he doesnt talk hes really quiet and standoffish to people. I didnt say me .

Old
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Being a grouch, doesnt mean hes not nice? I said he doesnt talk hes really quiet and standoffish to people. I didnt say me .
Well, seeing that he signed AND gave you a stick, I would think you would give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's just me.

Old
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Man, kids these days and their lack of respect for another individual's privacy, time and effort. So full of ineptitude and ignorance.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:08 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Man, kids these days and their lack of respect for another individual's privacy, time and effort. So full of ineptitude and ignorance.
Your a nerd HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I have been humbled.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

lol...yeah, he showed you alright.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Is O'Sullivan going to be pencilled in to the 2nd line centre spot? Would make a wicked sleeper pick in a hockeypool.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi View Post
Is O'Sullivan going to be pencilled in to the 2nd line centre spot? Would make a wicked sleeper pick in a hockeypool.
He looked good to all of us there, but it's anyone's guess. Hopefully the Kings' staff feels the same way.

One thing I am not looking forward to is the bashing of Sully on this board and the "other" Kings board if he doesn't score 40+ goals and 80+ points next season.

Old
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
riseandfall9

Since you were there Beauty eh? You would know that O`Sullivan didnt play Center 1 time the whole camp. nerd.

Old
07-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi View Post
I think that he's a shoe-in for the top two lines, but the position is anyone's guess. The team seems to think that he'd be a better winger (I tend to agree), though. I would guess that he'll play LW on one of the top two lines.

Old
07-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Fingolfin

If you look at the Kings depth right now, it's pretty suggestive that O'Sullivan will be playing wing.

Potential Top-6 Centers (Need 2):
Conroy
McCauley
Cammalleri
O'Sullivan

Potential Top-6 Wingers (Need 4):
Frolov
Brown
Cammalleri
O'Sullivan
Thornton*
Avery*

Obviously, this can change if the Kings make any more significant acquisitions or deletions, but my money is still on O'Sullivan on the wing, and probably the left.

- Fin

Old
07-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Since you were there Beauty eh? You would know that O`Sullivan didnt play Center 1 time the whole camp. nerd.
And Boyle was on defense for pretty much the whole camp when he normally doesn't play that position. What's your point?

Old
07-16-2006, 06:12 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I didn't know you were there, Beauty, Eh. It would have been cool to talk some hockey with you

Anyway, jtuzzi... O'Sullivan played wing pretty much the entire camp. I'm 99.9% sure he'll be getting 2nd line duty; he may even push Frolov later in the season and take #1 LW.

Closed Thread