HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wilson's benching of Marleau... explained.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
  #1
mage23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Wilson's benching of Marleau... explained.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...PG7S2SEF11.DTL

From the article:

"Glen Murray scored just over a minute after the Sharks took a late second-period lead because Patrick Marleau failed to pick up the Bruins' forward in the slot.

As a result, the oft-inconsistent Marleau didn't see any more ice time after landing in Ron Wilson's doghouse.

"At some point, Patty will learn,'' Wilson said. "And it's not just going to come from me. It's going to have to come from the whole group. We need everybody doing similar things.

"There's a minimum kind of package you have to bring to the rink every night,'' the Sharks' coach added. "If the same guys are going to make the same mistakes, then you're going to have to do things. And that's for the good of the team.'' "

mage23 is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 11:25 AM
  #2
ModestoFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: And the fascination never ends...
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ModestoFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mage23
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...PG7S2SEF11.DTL

From the article:

"Glen Murray scored just over a minute after the Sharks took a late second-period lead because Patrick Marleau failed to pick up the Bruins' forward in the slot.

As a result, the oft-inconsistent Marleau didn't see any more ice time after landing in Ron Wilson's doghouse.

"At some point, Patty will learn,'' Wilson said. "And it's not just going to come from me. It's going to have to come from the whole group. We need everybody doing similar things.

"There's a minimum kind of package you have to bring to the rink every night,'' the Sharks' coach added. "If the same guys are going to make the same mistakes, then you're going to have to do things. And that's for the good of the team.'' "
Hah...I read this morning and remember thinking last night, that Patty has finally been shown the door. His @ss should be scratched against Washinton!

ModestoFan is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 04:10 PM
  #3
Donnybrook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Someone has to light a fire under his ass, he's stopped competing and looks uninteresed out there. It depresses me to think of how good he can be, but just can't put it all together.

Donnybrook is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 07:19 PM
  #4
MarleuFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook
Someone has to light a fire under his ass, he's stopped competing and looks uninteresed out there. It depresses me to think of how good he can be, but just can't put it all together.

Maybe Marleu is pissed at whom they gave is as a right wing. If you are a skill/speed guy, it's really frustrating when the guys you're trying to work with aren't. It's kindof like if you put lazy wingers on a Ricci line. He needs hard workers. And Marleu neweds skiled guys and at least one passer. If Michalek had been there, maybe things would have been different.

MarleuFan is offline  
Old
11-07-2003, 09:29 PM
  #5
ModestoFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: And the fascination never ends...
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ModestoFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleuFan
Maybe Marleu is pissed at whom they gave is as a right wing. If you are a skill/speed guy, it's really frustrating when the guys you're trying to work with aren't. It's kindof like if you put lazy wingers on a Ricci line. He needs hard workers. And Marleu neweds skiled guys and at least one passer. If Michalek had been there, maybe things would have been different.
please don't take this the wrong way, but BULLSH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marleau isn't a 75-100 point player, and until he is his ass better play with whomever the coach tells him.

What, is he freakin Jagr? (ANSWER= NO!) :mad:

ModestoFan is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 04:52 AM
  #6
FiveforFighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Sometimes a coach can suck the life out of a young player!

FiveforFighting is offline  
Old
11-10-2003, 06:55 AM
  #7
Cyclops II*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveforFighting
Sometimes a coach can suck the life out of a young player!
Are you referring to the years Marleau languished during Sutter's tenure with the Sharks. If so, then I agree with you. It could take a year or so to recover from that or he might not completely recover.
it is hard to know what his potential is since he spent so much time in Sutter's system.

Cyclops II* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.